EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siliconemelons

is there a forum pal guild on the sleeper? Ooc is retarded sometimes need the pals to talk to. And p99 is bleh just log in kill something or watch something get killed, move along...bo

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Around the time this stuff was hot, I wasn't high enough or in the "in-crowd" to know what was what.

But what was the deal with Rubicite armor? Why was it eventually removed?

I know the manastone debacle, to the point where it eventually was nerfed to oblivion. But what was really the issue?

Dark Elf mask. I knew a few dwarves that always wore the thing. Why was that removed?

What was the deal with dual-wielding? Everyone I knew that was a tank/fighter of some sort dual wielded. What was the deal with that? Did they nerf dual wielding to bring it in line with two-handers? Or did they beef two-handers?
The regen on Rubicite was considered overpowered in Classic. With the release of Kunark the Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate had a regen effect the same as Rubicite, but didn't look as cool. Of course the Fungi Tunic had the best regen at that point.

Dark Elf mask was removed because it could be clicked from inventory by any class. Replaced with the version which could only be clicked when worn by Bards and Rogues.

As far as dual wield, I believe 2-hander damage was not on par originally. Eventually the Damage Bonus modifier was added, which made 2-handers more desirable.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The regen on Rubicite was considered overpowered in Classic. With the release of Kunark the Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate had a regen effect the same as Rubicite, but didn't look as cool. Of course the Fungi Tunic had the best regen at that point.

Dark Elf mask was removed because it could be clicked from inventory by any class. Replaced with the version which could only be clicked when worn by Bards and Rogues.

As far as dual wield, I believe 2-hander damage was not on par originally. Eventually the Damage Bonus modifier was added, which made 2-handers more desirable.
The real gems are Lustrous Russet (probably less with Velious at launch), Fungi Staffs, and Holgresh Elder Beads. If Manastones work outside of Antonica/old world they'll be awesome as well but otherwise aren't so great.

I still use my Holgresh Elder Beads in Prophecy of Ro.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We're looking for people level 13+ atm. Primarily Rogues, Monks, Wizards and Shamans.

axeman_sl

shitlord
This is a candidate for worst serious attempt at making an EQEmu server ever. There have been worse servers, but they were the ones randomly set up by one guy. Of all servers with an actual development team, beta phase etc., this is by far the most pitiful effort.

Nothing works. There's something wrong with everything. OVERWHELMING amounts of bugs, wrong spawns, wrong loot tables, wrong pathing, broken mechanics, broken quests... it's an absolute farce. It's hilariously bad. Fundamental class mechanics are broken, such as invis not breaking charm, feign death not breaking when a mob casts on the monk, taunt just generating huge amounts of threat so tanking is utterly trivial and so on. Some zones are randomly hit by hours of crushing lag, other zones crash and go offline every thirty minutes. Everything is just a mess of shockingly bad design, gamebreaking bugs, zero fixing during the two years of supposed development, and posts by developers who sound like they haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

I tried beta testing for a while but gave up because there were no changelogs, no communication, no forum search function or anything else to help with testing. You were just playing blind and reporting whatever bugs you found. I did that for a week and found that NOT A SINGLE ONE of the bugs I reported had been fixed in the release version of the server. This includes bugs I posted and had a dev reply with "this is fixed now." I don't know whether they're just utterly incompetent or actually lied to their testers in order to make it look like they were doing something, but whatever the case, this server is so bad it isn't worth anybody's time, people are leaving it in droves, and I certainly see no bright future for it considering the development team's repeatedly proven incompetence.

Neno

Lord Nagafen Raider
Around the time this stuff was hot, I wasn't high enough or in the "in-crowd" to know what was what.

But what was the deal with Rubicite armor? Why was it eventually removed?
Rubicite was the source of untold amounts of drama. 2-3 groups of players per spawn point of a rubicite dropper was the norm at least on Bertoxx. These were not cooperating groups so you either had long rotations or a ton of KSing. This is where the old term "Rubifever" comes from. Everyone wanted it as pre-PoF many of the pieces were BiS even at level 50. There were also some class balance issues at the time like Rangers being able to not only easily out dmg warriors but also have the same AC as them (rangers at the point saw a ton of nerfs they wouldn't recover from until years later). They removed it from the game because it was a CS nightmare and in its place added the class armor.

lindz

#DDs
This is a candidate for worst serious attempt at making an EQEmu server ever. There have been worse servers, but they were the ones randomly set up by one guy. Of all servers with an actual development team, beta phase etc., this is by far the most pitiful effort.

Nothing works. There's something wrong with everything. OVERWHELMING amounts of bugs, wrong spawns, wrong loot tables, wrong pathing, broken mechanics, broken quests... it's an absolute farce. It's hilariously bad. Fundamental class mechanics are broken, such as invis not breaking charm, feign death not breaking when a mob casts on the monk, taunt just generating huge amounts of threat so tanking is utterly trivial and so on. Some zones are randomly hit by hours of crushing lag, other zones crash and go offline every thirty minutes. Everything is just a mess of shockingly bad design, gamebreaking bugs, zero fixing during the two years of supposed development, and posts by developers who sound like they haven't got a clue what they're talking about.

I tried beta testing for a while but gave up because there were no changelogs, no communication, no forum search function or anything else to help with testing. You were just playing blind and reporting whatever bugs you found. I did that for a week and found that NOT A SINGLE ONE of the bugs I reported had been fixed in the release version of the server. This includes bugs I posted and had a dev reply with "this is fixed now." I don't know whether they're just utterly incompetent or actually lied to their testers in order to make it look like they were doing something, but whatever the case, this server is so bad it isn't worth anybody's time, people are leaving it in droves, and I certainly see no bright future for it considering the development team's repeatedly proven incompetence.
Agree with everything you posted here. I beta tested as well and was so disheartened by the experience. It felt the devs were more concerned about not being P99 and recreating the game *they* remembered (often ignoring beta tester's bug reports including proof) than making a true classic server. Maybe it will be worth it down the road, but I can't be bothered to the put that much time and energy into this server right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.