EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motec_sl

shitlord
Nagafen was a joke. A single LDC and a shit geared 52warrior were owning his regen. The warrior alone was keeping him at 73%.

Ae fear lasted 2-3 seconds. AE dispel wasn't hitting charm pets it looked like (or a charm pet had 3+ pre charm debuffs? Which mean undoubtedly the ae fear and dispel should land lol).

Looked fairly gimped, level 38 wiz was landing spells on him. At this point in the game a blanket 1.25x level caster to NPC resist should be in game.

A bit of work to do yet, but kegz does fix shit. I just can't stand fucking arguing with him over basic shit. Tashed light blue mob resists 6 roots in a row? No response. Enchanters are completely useless on the server as zero crowd control sticks.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
Server isn't that bad. Yes there are bugs, low pop, and poor itemization (initially) but things are improving and I'm enjoying myself.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Nagafen was a joke. A single LDC and a shit geared 52warrior were owning his regen. The warrior alone was keeping him at 73%.
I don't remember classic mobs having much in the way of regen. I think there was a guild who's strat was just trying to take a good chunk of his HP before wiping and just take him out in 2-3 waves.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Tashed light blue mob resists 6 roots in a row? No response. Enchanters are completely useless on the server as zero crowd control sticks.
quoted for truth, as an enchanter whenever someone tells me to mez, expects me to mez, or says "we have an enchanter he can mez" I simply say no thanks I won't mez, I will root, if I mez it will resist and never get off of me and lead to my untimely death. If I continue to try I will go oom and certainly never lose aggro. Mezing currently is not worth it. Same for our nukes, enchanter nukes get resisted 4/5 times. Waste of mana, I'd rather give clarity, haste, gift of magic and charm a pet. Also mez is like root, you expect it to last a long time when the mob is tashed, no. It'll last a few seconds, even if I use instill which lasts "1 min 48 seconds" it never lasts more than 10 seconds. I can't even root a mob and have time to sit and memorize a new spell, root blows dick and mez blows even more. I died earlier trying to charm a mob that I found out was "uncharmable" (game wouldnt allow me) so I tried to root it with instill, 10 roots, 4 resisted and 6 lasted less than three seconds. It's completely absurd how shitty root and mez is. Bard's are more reliable at mez than enchanters.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
quoted for truth, as an enchanter whenever someone tells me to mez, expects me to mez, or says "we have an enchanter he can mez" I simply say no thanks I won't mez, I will root, if I mez it will resist and never get off of me and lead to my untimely death. If I continue to try I will go oom and certainly never lose aggro. Mezing currently is not worth it. Same for our nukes, enchanter nukes get resisted 4/5 times. Waste of mana, I'd rather give clarity, haste, gift of magic and charm a pet. Also mez is like root, you expect it to last a long time when the mob is tashed, no. It'll last a few seconds, even if I use instill which lasts "1 min 48 seconds" it never lasts more than 10 seconds. I can't even root a mob and have time to sit and memorize a new spell, root blows dick and mez blows even more. I died earlier trying to charm a mob that I found out was "uncharmable" (game wouldnt allow me) so I tried to root it with instill, 10 roots, 4 resisted and 6 lasted less than three seconds. It's completely absurd how shitty root and mez is. Bard's are more reliable at mez than enchanters.
Troll.

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Been playing consistently since release. I've talked with Kegz at length about several small things that did get fixed right away but there's still some huge problems that need addressed. Client crashes in OT, chain casting mobs, resists are still off, item drops, zone mob populations, actually being able to kill nobles/guards in HK. I would have thought these things would have been fixed in beta but oh well. I'm still able to play and have fun.

If it wasn't for the crashing in OT I know my bard would be in the 50s and not high 30s still. I would go to HK and kill the guards in the small courtyard but ALAS. That zones broken too. I guess shit will eventually get fixed

vazdeline_sl

shitlord

Ae fear lasted 2-3 seconds. AE dispel wasn't hitting charm pets it looked like (or a charm pet had 3+ pre charm debuffs? Which mean undoubtedly the ae fear and dispel should land lol).

Looked fairly gimped, level 38 wiz was landing spells on him. At this point in the game a blanket 1.25x level caster to NPC resist should be in game.

A bit of work to do yet, but kegz does fix shit. I just can't stand fucking arguing with him over basic shit. Tashed light blue mob resists 6 roots in a row? No response. Enchanters are completely useless on the server as zero crowd control sticks.
need ts info again

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Been playing consistently since release. I've talked with Kegz at length about several small things that did get fixed right away but there's still some huge problems that need addressed. Client crashes in OT, chain casting mobs, resists are still off, item drops, zone mob populations, actually being able to kill nobles/guards in HK. I would have thought these things would have been fixed in beta but oh well. I'm still able to play and have fun.

If it wasn't for the crashing in OT I know my bard would be in the 50s and not high 30s still. I would go to HK and kill the guards in the small courtyard but ALAS. That zones broken too. I guess shit will eventually get fixed
So aside from everything beimg broken, nothings broken?

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
So aside from everything beimg broken, nothings broken?
I actually think this is exactly right. In general things work, but there are a thousand bugs. It looks like some progress is being made to fix bugs, but the sheer amount of work is enormous and the admin "team" (effectively just Kegz) probably don't have the resources (man-hours, maybe ability, I'm in no position to judge) to fix everything quickly. At this point, and probably going forward, whether or not you enjoy the server depends completely on your tolerance for imperfection. For me, I'm playing it casually and mostly enjoying myself. I wish it was easier to find a group, but the population is low and spread across many levels.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
try playing a wiz with the resists, in the teens your big nuke can kill a blue mob using about 75% of your mana, but ONE resist or 1-2 fizzles and you have to turn and run. I would sometimes fizzle twice and then have 2 resists or nukes for like 8, leaving me at like 40 mana with the mob at full life. That and the mana bug that makes your % tick up and down like 3 times per tick (I think it affects all emu servers) made it nearly impossible to level a caster that has only nukes to rely on.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's see:

1. Kegz hovers over his abortion of a forum and ninja edits users posts and re-writes them so they sound more respectful. I just checked a bug I reported a few weeks ago about named mobs dropping zero loot. He re-wrote it to make it appear as if I was just reminding people that BECAUSE named spawn more often they wont drop loot as much (lol they dont drop anything ever and its intentional).

2. He micro-manages loot. He feels some loot is so overpowered that the reported true classic drop rates should be lower (read: all items basically). Stuff drops but its so rare its beyond belief. The last time a t-staff dropped in KC he brought the server down for a restart and zero loot has been seen in KC since. Same in velks, lguk, etc.

3. You cant even raise your velious faction. Namely with dwarves. Got Kael armor to turn in? Some people started out kos to thurgadin.

4. Resist rates. Casters are basically worthless. Root last half a second on green mobs or is out right resisted. Half your spells are resisted.

5. 46+ mobs have almost TRIPLE the hp that their lvl 45 counterparts. We parsed slimes in CoM about 3k hp and the next pull had almost 12k.

6. All mobs in KC are on VS faction. Even the undead. Have good VS faction? Have fun exploring the zone sniping named lol.

7. All mobs in Kaesora are on VS faction.

8. All mobs in skyfire are indifferent.

9. Nortlav the Scalekeeper was just killed by a group of 55s.

Sleepers started as a great idea. I guess. Im not surprised by it though.

This server is built from the view of the super casual gamer back in classic eq. Mobs were hard. Loot never dropped. Nobody knew how the game worked. That is whats going on here. Server created from the memory of one bad player.

Anyways. He'll ban my account Im sure because thats the kind of person he is. Mad ban followed by boner. This was not a serious attempt at classic eq. Dont play here.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Let's see:

1. Kegz hovers over his abortion of a forum and ninja edits users posts and re-writes them so they sound more respectful. I just checked a bug I reported a few weeks ago about named mobs dropping zero loot. He re-wrote it to make it appear as if I was just reminding people that BECAUSE named spawn more often they wont drop loot as much (lol they dont drop anything ever and its intentional).

2. He micro-manages loot. He feels some loot is so overpowered that the reported true classic drop rates should be lower (read: all items basically). Stuff drops but its so rare its beyond belief. The last time a t-staff dropped in KC he brought the server down for a restart and zero loot has been seen in KC since. Same in velks, lguk, etc.

3. You cant even raise your velious faction. Namely with dwarves. Got Kael armor to turn in? Some people started out kos to thurgadin.

4. Resist rates. Casters are basically worthless. Root last half a second on green mobs or is out right resisted. Half your spells are resisted.

5. 46+ mobs have almost TRIPLE the hp that their lvl 45 counterparts. We parsed slimes in CoM about 3k hp and the next pull had almost 12k.

6. All mobs in KC are on VS faction. Even the undead. Have good VS faction? Have fun exploring the zone sniping named lol.

7. All mobs in Kaesora are on VS faction.

8. All mobs in skyfire are indifferent.

9. Nortlav the Scalekeeper was just killed by a group of 55s.

Sleepers started as a great idea. I guess. Im not surprised by it though.

This server is built from the view of the super casual gamer back in classic eq. Mobs were hard. Loot never dropped. Nobody knew how the game worked. That is whats going on here. Server created from the memory of one bad player.

Anyways. He'll ban my account Im sure because thats the kind of person he is. Mad ban followed by boner. This was not a serious attempt at classic eq. Dont play here.
Someone's mad their guild leader got caught cheating and was banned, I think that's more than you ever wrote in a bug postbiggrin.png

Motec_sl

shitlord
Who was banned? Me? I'm not the IB leader.

For the first time in a decade and a half of EQ I played around with MQ on your server, because it is so fucking broken it was unplayable without. And MQ use is rampant on sleeper. Everyone is using that shit.

After being in groups that magically succored out of a wipe and I was left with a CR for myself for two hours, it was time to cash my chips. Broken fucked content, two years with zero testing having taken place, and zero CSR for blatant server related issues... I was only mad at myself for not cottoning on sooner and cheating since day 1 (outrunning SoW speed mobs, getting across sections of the world where a cloudy potion would suffice on EVERY server ever made, except yours, etc.)

Let's face facts. We helped you with informative and detailed reports, anecdotal evidence and plenty of candid nature conversation about he nefarious actions of many. You ignored everything that wasn't as per your memory. It's a very clear cut and distinct lesson that if you didn't play EQ as an avid, elite and attentive player for a decade, you shouldn't have a crack at running an Emu without support.

Lets recap in under two minutes on an iPhone some of the game breaking bugs that existed, and those I reported to you.

NPC's do not assist their pets.
Unlimited y axis corpse drag.
Effective no aggro on buffs.
LD player despawns charmed pets.
Mobs running at high speed seemingly at random.
Whole dungeons on incorrect factions.
Entire zones not itemised, spawn tabled, pathed or stable.
Zone pausing effect with no PC's inside.
Totally fucked NPC regen too high.
Raid mobs with no regen.
Zero effective research drops above level 24.
NPC mobs casting out of content spells.
NPC mobs with insane mana regen out of combat.
NPC mobs chain casting spells as a set cast list.
Client to server miscalculations on mana, AC.
Multiple quests not rewarding anything, missing completely, missing faction.

Now that's just shit that I personally sent or told you.

Multiple PC's caught cheating (I turned a blind eye after I realized why they did).
Multiple EMU related dupe, hacks and shit attempted to be made functional on your server and pointing out those people's names.

So before you start having a dig at Friday, look back through your logs and have a check to see how much him and I did report shit to you. We started here wanting a fair, honest and fun server with an open minded admin and a raiding community that exists in harmony. What we got was multiple occurrences of knee jerk reactions, absolutely zero consideration to experienced player testimony, and you yourself said that the game was beta tested with out of content buffs, and gear.

Kegz favorite quote to me was "we tried a few dragons in tov, but couldn't kill them so they must be balanced". That is second only to "cazuc Thule zone was perfect, I made it by hand, its absolutely classic and was beta tested for weeks and folks with no twink gear, just crafted, cobalt and Lamentations had no problem". This is after giving him (one of many) zone wide fault lists from exploratory/experience groups.

All this had of been fine too, if you took the time to answer for the fuckups. But your only answer to date on any subject has been a shady and ill conceived attempt to refute evidence and argument, based on your obviously limited experience at the game.

Dozens of people left here in the first few weeks, some of those players were some of the best to have ever sat in front of a keyboard and played eq. You're own GM mate sat in mumble and made himself look like a fucking moron by incorrectly explaining a game mechanic to a group of hardcore eq vets. Embarrassing is an understatement.

Friday is right. Epic EMU/sleeper is an absolute classic reproduction of Everquest from the point of view of a complete moron who didnt understand the game. The gameplay speaks volumes about how certain mechanics were always a mystery to you on live or your eq history. The way drop rates are, how fucked casting rules are, where loot drops from etc.

There was some pearler displays of this misunderstanding. Your wife argued with me that "those haste gloves drop off any random spider in velks".

This is a classic example of how your or her eq experience was spent sitting in a bottom or zone group in velks while some poor cunt pulled named from the top floor for you and you paid that little attention, there was no realization it was a rare mob?; and as such all that loot was random drops.

Same goes for Mithril arms/legs from all random fire giants, not skarlon.

Same goes for all rubicite.

And then there is your argument about manastone drop rates. Because you never saw one, they must have been super ?ber rare.

Anyway I'm happy I'm banned now, for something legitimately against the rules, and not banned later for something grey and obscure you had to make up on a technicality in typical Kegz fashion. Before I put in a few hundred more hours dealing with broken content and hit some serious raiding scene. You caught me red handed. Good luck with the dozens of others I've seen.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
So what both Friday and Motec are saying is they posted many times saying Sleeper was fun and supported it, until they got caught MQing (cheating in nostalgia games = faggots) and now it's terrible.

At least I agreed it was terrible since beta unlike you fuckin worms.

Motec_sl

shitlord
So what both Friday and Motec are saying is they posted many times saying Sleeper was fun and supported it, until they got caught MQing (cheating in nostalgia games = faggots) and now it's terrible.

At least I agreed it was terrible since beta unlike you fuckin worms.
It was terrible, with the good glimmer of light.

Over a week that turned into an unfortunate downturn, a few changes were made that set a terrible precedent. The servers GM staff ignored their own protocol and rules as written in applying punishment. So me personally? Went to MQ town and played around with a hack. I gained nothing and affected noone except shortening my travel times, but that is not a vindication of action. It's a statement of cause. Others? Used that shit since day one, a divinity officer sent me the files lol.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Someone's mad their guild leader got caught cheating and was banned, I think that's more than you ever wrote in a bug postbiggrin.png
heyyy kegz you're alive, did you check my cleric's log for row boats yet? >< i put in a petition about being wrongfully punished but for some reason it got deleted!

i've reported enough exploits to know when you're ignoring me and not. how many major pathing exploits that i could have used to get to 50? at least 8. killing row boats that are giving 5% a kill and only hitting for 30 dmg? reported that also. i know my enchanter deserved it for testing, but punishing my other character that was not involved was a huge slap in the face. i have prided myself on helping you improve the server and you show me thanks by wrongfully taking away levels from a character that was not testing a reported exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.