EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I think we had two people boxing in our 72 man raid... a monk/wizard, and bard/cleric.
I used to 6 box when people were slacking and not logging on for raids. It was a lot of work and not much fun. I didn't do it often.

It's one thing to box to replace people on a raid. It's quite another thing to make your own xp groups and not socialize with anyone.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Resorting to personal attacks because I pointed out some things I think are liabilities with your server.

Great maturity, good thing you're in charge lol

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
In Velious, I dunno how you fucking boxed anything on a raid. We'd charge Yelinak with like 45-50 during progression and many random LDs would go off.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yah not sure why so many people think boxing was impossible back then... Using EQWindows I dual boxed all through Kunark/Velious. It was pretty common, most of my guild had access to port/res/heal bots.

Dari_sl

shitlord
EQWindows completely changed my life at a certain point. Remember when it wasn't even possible to alt tab on a shitty computer?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You really shouldn't hate so hard on someone making an open source project like this.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm not saying you have to play on it, but open source is the way to go to preserve classic EQ.

Jhoanna_sl

shitlord
Open source coding means its free for everyone to use and distribute, so there is no drawback to this server whatsoever; only benefits. If you don't like it, don't play it, but regardless of whether you do, it will still contribute to the larger goal of getting Classic EQ available for people. Whining about rules on a server you will never play won't help anybody. Publicizing tested coding for the world to use will.

You can easily box 6 characters if you know what you are doing. Boxing only becomes detrimental when you reach GoD+ raids that have things like emote DT's etc.

Four people could easily pilot 15chars...
Not on this server. You are only allowed to two box, so four people cannot pilot 15 toons.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
It's much more difficult to enforce no 3+ boxing then just banning boxing altogether. Not to beat a dead horse, but I have never seen a server enable boxing where it hasn't been abused to outrageous extremes.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Shards of Dalaya aka WR has been the only one that keeps a tight lid on the 2 box only limit.

The server should require DNA verification and retinal scans to log in as well as those satellite number generating log on things some MMO's come with.

Status
Not open for further replies.