EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Oh Kegz, you didn't respond to the first statement where I called you a thief. Why did I not get my 1k plat and Stormfeather map pieces returned to me when you deleted my loot? They have absolutely nothing to do with Lodizal.

Pretty ironic that the whole Lodizal dispute is over Divinity killing him like 7 times in 2 weeks when it was uncontested. Now after all their loot got poof'd Blades of Wrath has the spawn on lockdown and are on track to kill him more times than that in 2 weeks.
Game breaking!!

This is all about Kegz playing favorites. It's no coincidence that he has good friends in BoW.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Now after all their loot got poof'd Blades of Wrath has the spawn on lockdown and are on track to kill him more times than that in 2 weeks.
Wait, Blades of Wrath? Wonder if it's the same from Kunark/Velious/Luclin era EQ on Torvonnilous. Was an officer in that guild...

Nightmare

Golden Knight of the Realm
I remember farming him at 12 hours when the stromm server came up but I'm not sure what it was before that.

Zacx_sl

shitlord
so basically... a 12 hour spawn was spawning around 12 hours, was uncontested and killed by a group of people - who them got disciplined by a clueless gm/owner, and got their loot deleted?

this server is sounding pretty cool, keep up the lols

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Fortunately the Sleeper dev team spends a lot of time culminating and analyzing data, the list of 2001 boss mob spawn times is available on our forums for anyone to use.
The data used comes from internet sources that date back to the era, or our handy clue; the original allakhazam from 2001 as seen here
rrr_img_29146.jpg

Zacx_sl

shitlord
Those Allakhazam printouts are comedy gold.
Is it like your bible? Does every dev have one of these on their bedside night table?

axeman_sl

shitlord
Judging by how pretty literally nothing worked after two years of "development," I wouldn't place too much faith in those Allakhazam printouts.

By the way, Allakhazam is wildly incorrect to this day despite every secret and myth of EQ being long uncovered. Allakhazam wasn't more correct back when people didn't know shit.

HorrorFK_sl

shitlord
eqholygrail.jpg, saved, thanks! Definitely had a spiral pad in 9th grade, though. Had names of people in line for camps and map /locs.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
49 Necromancer Spell: Invoke Death
This Spell is Currently Unuseable By Necromancers (255). This is in era for Necromancers (49) but should still be unavailable for SK's (255) until later.

Any Attention to this would be great!
smile.png

Araevin_sl

shitlord
This server is awful. No where near the polish of P99 or R99. Keg was banned from P99 and started his old shitty ass server where he plays favourites. The population is laughable. Pass on this one for sure, don't waste your time.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
This server is awful. No where near the polish of P99 or R99. Keg was banned from P99 and started his old shitty ass server where he plays favourites. The population is laughable. Pass on this one for sure, don't waste your time.
Obviously you don't play on the server or read previous posts.The Sleeper is the most polished and fair Velious server you can play on.But again you're just trolling, too bad you haven't played here its actually a lot of fun.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Can't fault Kegz for his consistency, at least. I mentioned it earlier in the thread; literally any and every form of criticism gets the same response from him: "You don't play on the server and you're a troll."

Kegz, this is the reason The Sleeper is already set to be the biggest, most memorable failure in eqemu history. Not necessarily because it was the worst server ever launched - plenty of people have just slapped up a PEQ stock and dicked around for a week - but because you did so little and so poorly with the considerable resources you had available, and the fact that you're so extremely dishonest and disrespectful towards everybody. People aren't trolling you, they're giving back what you gave them.

You had two years of development and a reasonably-sized team of beta testers. You had access to a literally perfect and freely accessible copy of the content on EQMac, as well as a fairly close to perfect Classic+Kunark rendition on P99, two immense assets that people didn't have a few years ago. You had a self-proclaimed holy bible of Allakhazam printouts anno 2001 which, while vastly overrated by yourself, must at least have had some of the information that you so visibly failed to put to use on the server. You even appear to have had an actual programmer, a luxury that most aspiring amateur developers can only dream of.

But you blew it so thoroughly and resoundingly that you are now the laughing stock of the entire EQEmu community. You'll be remembered as the guy who produced a server of a quality so far below even the most reasonable expectations that even the most pessimistic people couldn't have predicted it, even those who knew how much of an imbecile and cunt you are from your time on P99. Your server is of such staggeringly low quality that probably 80% of players who tried it left within two weeks citing how it was the worst emu server they'd ever laid eyes upon.

And you still cling to this strange delusion of yours, the one where everyone who says something negative is just a troll who hasn't tried your server. It's inconceivable to you that they might be right, it's impossible for you to accept that you've been such an utter asshole to so many people that they truly despise you after you wildly abused your adminsitrative powers, behaved like a 14 year-old towards them, and lied to your entire playerbase time and time again. You cannot comprehend that this might be the case. They're just trolls who haven't even played on the server.

People hate you because you promised the world and delivered such a massively disappointing product, all the while doing everything in your power to intentionally mislead people who questioned this. They hate you because you've been treating your players like swine from the very beginning. They hate you because you're behaving like a dick on the forums, both your own and these. They hate you because the lack of intellect and knowledge of Everquest shines through in every post write and every decision you make. They hate you because they wasted a week, two weeks, some probably even a month or more giving your server a chance only to find time and time again that you were either so incredibly lazy or so woefully incompetent that two years of supposed development produced a server that was just marginally better than a stock PEQ server with the later expansions disabled.

They're not trolls who haven't played on your server. They're people who love Everquest and have played on your server. People who haven't played don't give a shit, but the fact that this thread has grown to 32 pages of repeated sentiments to the disastrous trainwreck that is The Sleeper does nothing to support your claim that your server is amazing and fun and loved by everyone who has tried it. The fact that you need to say so while nobody else will is a strong hint. You're bordering on delusions of grandeur and I would be genuinely worried about your mental health if I didn't dislike you so intensely.

You are a joke and your server is a farce.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
Axeman hits the nail on the head here. Despite the tired rhetoric that Kegz spews on this forum as a last-ditch effort to save his dwindling population, those of us speaking negatively are EXACTLY the people that gave this server a chance and played there. "Lol u troll and never played" is about the receptiveness you'll expect from him at his actual project as well when faced with any criticism or feedback that doesn't consist of sucking his dick to boost his ego.

It is to my amazement that this server failed as badly as it did. Putting aside the fact that it performs even WORSE than stock PEQ does in terms of resistance code and drop tables, something that a person would pointedly have to fuck up themselves, you're still left to contend with a server owner that's so miserable inept at running a project it's sickening. Database management should be about the easiest task in terms of running an emu-based server. And yet a full 2+ months after release, he has yet to add in legacy drops which were purposefully advertised on release to draw in players. This is a task that would take mere seconds to either SQL in or edit via DB proggy. The inconsistency in terms of that is astounding. Manastones and guises drop, binding at Firepots works, yet lockets of escape, pre-nerf CoS, Gem Encrusted Rings, Box of Abukar, Rubi BP, RMoY, Elder Beads (the list goes on) are STILL not seen.

In all of his wisdom, he had to be informed of something as so fundamental as Drelzna dropping Jboots in classic, a feature that was only added weeks after full release. To this day, player resists are so incredibly fucked up that it's comical. Taking a venture into any low level zone with casters such as Befallen or Mistmoore will greet you with chain fears, roots, snares, mezzes, dots and full-damage nukes at levels 50+ and any levels of worn/buffed resists.

The inconsistency in his GM decisions is astounding. He managed to run off what could have been a competent and helpful GM by the name of Grim in a matter of a week or so? Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that Grim had the foresight to offer item compensations to players that spent hours on end hopelessly killing quest mobs that didn't even have the drops in their loot table, just to find those promises were unintentionally empty because Kegz would never follow through on them.

It took a dramatic rage-quit post on his own forums for him to fix some game-breaking bullshit on his server. It was pure comic gold, to be honest. A player that diligently spent numerous hours almost every day of the week leveling to 50+ ended up raging and posting his discontent on the forums. Kegz renamed the thread title to something along the lines of "Come see how much of an ungrateful douchebag I am!", then claimed he would "leave the thread up for laughs" only to be so completely humiliated by every single player that responded to the thread supporting the OP in some way.

I truthfully can't tell if Kegz is this terribly inept at running a project, or simply too lazy to give a shit about fixing things that should have been accomplished a week into release. But either way, unless you enjoy slow xp grinds, shitty drop rates, broken quests, broken resistances, mobs at level 45+ still having far too much HP, enjoy leveling strictly off of non-caster zones such as Karnors zone in and Velketors zone in, playing on a box that has inconsistent/outright corrupt GM decisions and gaming with on average 40-50 other players, SKIP IT AND GO ELSEWHERE. This is coming from a player that up til even a week or so ago was still clinging to hope that things would change. But they so clearly will not.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Grim left?

I stand by my earlier post when I said that Sleepers is an EQEmu created from the memory of a super casual player when they were 13: mobs were hard, loot was super rare, xp'ing took forever, and anything beyond that sphere of casual play was left to the imagination. The experience you get at sleepers is what its like to be a 45 minute a session - every other day - player.

Status
Not open for further replies.