EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

axeman_sl

shitlord
It took a dramatic rage-quit post on his own forums for him to fix some game-breaking bullshit on his server. It was pure comic gold, to be honest. A player that diligently spent numerous hours almost every day of the week leveling to 50+ ended up raging and posting his discontent on the forums. Kegz renamed the thread title to something along the lines of "Come see how much of an ungrateful douchebag I am!", then claimed he would "leave the thread up for laughs" only to be so completely humiliated by every single player that responded to the thread supporting the OP in some way.
I need a link to this if it hasn't been deleted yet. It sounds worth a read, maybe even a televised drama series.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
But hay if you wanna farm Lodizal every day only to break up the otherwise constant velks zoneline camping for xp, come on back and play with BoW Friday :p

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Grim left?
News to me, we were just chatting the other day. Interesting that you're enjoying spreading rumors when you haven't been in voice chat in months.

Sucks to get banned for cheating in a 13 year old game and then you need to get all your fake 0 rep 0 post troll accounts to make yourself feel better posting here.

I appreciate all the posts though its nice to get it bumped to the top so we get more traffic, Im sure most people don't read or care to read the BS troll posts, they just keep signing up every time this post gets to the top and our population grows.

Trolls can keep hating all they want, the Microsoft paperclip couldn't help them create an EQ server if they tried.

The Sleeper is the most fair and polished Velious server in existence. Check it out today athttp://epicemu.com

Unlike other emulators, EpicEmu dev team will be releasing all server code so you too can run your own Classic, Kunark, or Velious server. You can already start modifying your server with our code available on the Open Source section of the forums.

The Sleeper server has been in development for over a year and a half launching open beta for 7 months ago in mid 2012.

Currently plans are to release the server with expansions up to Velious available, with the potential for progression into Luclin, PoP, and beyond based on community feedback and development capability.

Server Features:

Dynamic Raid Spawning
In the event of overcrowded raid encounters, guilds will be allowed certain tokens per week to spawn raid boss encounters on demand, no need to wait around for random spawn timers while sacrificing valuable real life time. Enjoy the fact that your raid can have a set time and place, without dispute, incident, or provocation from other players.

Randomized Hotzones
Experience boosting hotzones will be randomly chosen and rotated through on a weekly - bi-weekly basis, providing you and other players the ability to group more often in higher risk / reward zones. Sometimes these hotzones may be announced without specifying the zone, making it a fun hunt for you and your friends.

Classic Items/Zone to Start
Remember the 'fire-pot' room? Manastones? Rubicite Armor? Dark Elf Masks? These items are now available, and will be for a limited time after launch.

Epics
The longest, sometimes most annoying and tedious quests are available for you to grind away at and you can get started on your epic quests as soon as you are able to!

Dedicated Development Team
You will have developers who are working hard to bring you content set as close as possible to the accurate era. Community feedback is appreciated, the developers will listen to your idea's to assist in reproducing the ideal Norrath.

Continuation of Beta Characters
Your beta characters wont be deleted when the server goes live, they will be moved to the new test server which will be locked for a few months after the live launch of The Sleeper. The new test server will serve as a platform for you to continue testing content into the Luclin era of EverQuest when the developers are ready.

Unique Resources
Sometimes the wayback machine just doesn't cut it, in order to get classic content you need classic data. Our development team has been dedicated to keeping track of EverQuest information since it's beginning. Be prepared to play an emulated EverQuest as close to its original content as possible thanks to our developers hard work from years ago.

Beta Ends in Early April 2013
You're welcome to join the beta test and enjoy EverQuest as it was in the Velious era. The Sleeper developers and GM's are active, easy to reach, and strive to maintain a mature community of players.

When the beta is over the beta server will be turned off while the devs prepare Luclin on it, during this time you will be encouraged to play on the live server. After a few months the beta server will reopen with Luclin available and your old characters to test it with.

If you're interested in running your own EQ server we have an open source section with many fixes available for the basic builds of the emulator compile, and a login server for you to list your server.

Learn more, sign up, and follow the getting started guide athttp://EpicEmu.com
Requires EverQuest Titanium Client

Most importantly, if you are having issues the developers and other players are available all day in voice chat to discuss your concerns, issues, or distinct experiences with EverQuest - or just come hang out and get to know us - we're easy to reach.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
I need a link to this if it hasn't been deleted yet. It sounds worth a read, maybe even a televised drama series.
Wish I had saved a screencap of it. It lasted a good 2 weeks I'd say, which is shocking because of how comical it turned out to be, and how thoroughly the OP reamed Kegz a new one.

O also forgot to mention that i'm about 85% certain that all of the "xp bonus" weekends Kegz offers his remaining player-base are an outright lie. 27 wyverns in Cobalt Scar to pull when Yvolcarn is spawned. Yielding ~7% xp at level 52 for the whole kite on both boxed toons. That has remained constant when CS was a "hotzone", not a hotzone, with xp bonus weekend, without it. He currently claims the bonus to be a massive +50% and it hasn't changed my kite gains by even half a percent point. Of course, if you ask 75% of the remaining deluded players, they're too thoroughly deceived by the placebo effect to think otherwise.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
News to me, we were just chatting the other day. Interesting that you're enjoying spreading rumors when you haven't been in voice chat in months.
Orly? Saying it isn't so doesn't make the statement untrue. Sort of like claiming your server is healthy and thriving even to date. LOL!

Grim would announce his presence every time he logged into the game. He hasn't been on nor has /tell grim functioned in the past month in any of the times I was on. Who the fuck do you think you're fooling, duder?

Drowed_sl

shitlord
If he spent half the time fixing shit on his server and being helpful/friendly to the community as he did here calling people trolls and making bold-faced lies perhaps he'd have 100 people left playing rather than 50. Sad state of affairs. Dunno why I thought it would turn out any differently. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, I guess.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Wish I had saved a screencap of it. It lasted a good 2 weeks I'd say, which is shocking because of how comical it turned out to be, and how thoroughly the OP reamed Kegz a new one.
Banned for cheating posts here mad with 2 troll accounts to respond to himself.... please do keep posting we get more traffic when you bump the thread.

Himself. It has long been obvious that Kegz suffers from some minor psychological issue, and denying his own failure clearly helps him cope.
Persistence, hard work, integrity, and the ability to accomplish something people truly enjoy and then give it out for free is what helps me cope with idiots like you.
biggrin.png

But you wouldn't know anything about that because you're a troll.

If he spent half the time fixing shit on his server and being helpful/friendly to the community as he did here calling people trolls and making bold-faced lies perhaps he'd have 100 people left playing rather than 50. Sad state of affairs. Dunno why I thought it would turn out any differently. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug, I guess.
Unfortunately you are very incorrect, server pushing 150-300 players - with over 2000 unique player accounts to date and growing.

The Sleeper server has been in development for over a year and a half launching open beta for 7 months ago in mid 2012.

Currently plans are to release the server with expansions up to Velious available, with the potential for progression into Luclin, PoP, and beyond based on community feedback and development capability.

Server Features:

Dynamic Raid Spawning
In the event of overcrowded raid encounters, guilds will be allowed certain tokens per week to spawn raid boss encounters on demand, no need to wait around for random spawn timers while sacrificing valuable real life time. Enjoy the fact that your raid can have a set time and place, without dispute, incident, or provocation from other players.

Randomized Hotzones
Experience boosting hotzones will be randomly chosen and rotated through on a weekly - bi-weekly basis, providing you and other players the ability to group more often in higher risk / reward zones. Sometimes these hotzones may be announced without specifying the zone, making it a fun hunt for you and your friends.

Remember the 'fire-pot' room? Manastones? Rubicite Armor? Dark Elf Masks? These items are now available, and will be for a limited time after launch.

Epics
The longest, sometimes most annoying and tedious quests are available for you to grind away at and you can get started on your epic quests as soon as you are able to!

You will have developers who are working hard to bring you content set as close as possible to the accurate era. Community feedback is appreciated, the developers will listen to your idea's to assist in reproducing the ideal Norrath.

Your beta characters wont be deleted when the server goes live, they will be moved to the new test server which will be locked for a few months after the live launch of The Sleeper. The new test server will serve as a platform for you to continue testing content into the Luclin era of EverQuest when the developers are ready.

Unique Resources
Sometimes the wayback machine just doesn't cut it, in order to get classic content you need classic data. Our development team has been dedicated to keeping track of EverQuest information since it's beginning. Be prepared to play an emulated EverQuest as close to its original content as possible thanks to our developers hard work from years ago.

You're welcome to join the beta test and enjoy EverQuest as it was in the Velious era. The Sleeper developers and GM's are active, easy to reach, and strive to maintain a mature community of players.

When the beta is over the beta server will be turned off while the devs prepare Luclin on it, during this time you will be encouraged to play on the live server. After a few months the beta server will reopen with Luclin available and your old characters to test it with.

If you're interested in running your own EQ server we have an open source section with many fixes available for the basic builds of the emulator compile, and a login server for you to list your server.

Most importantly, if you are having issues the developers and other players are available all day in voice chat to discuss your concerns, issues, or distinct experiences with EverQuest - or just come hang out and get to know us - we're easy to reach.

Kegz_sl

shitlord

Server Features:

Dynamic Raid Spawning

Randomized Hotzones

Epics

Unique Resources

axeman_sl

shitlord
People thought it would be different because he'd spent two years developing the server and promised a bunch of stuff. It was very reasonable to think it would be at least decent. Itshouldhave been decent, given the resources and people he had available to him. The fact that it's so staggeringly bad is a testament to his abilities and to the people he picked to work with.

I checked in during the beta a few times and was stunned by how utterly inept the core beta testers were, and it was clear that they were just fanboys and backpatters. When I pointed out a broken game mechanic, Kegz displayed some of the most startling lack of fundamental Everquest knowledge, and some of his backpatters chimed in to insult me for questioning his ignorance. I knew already then that the server would probably be crap, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and a decent chance at launch.

I'm frankly still a little stunned that his server managed to bethatbad. I mean, really. It shouldn't bepossibleto produce something of such low quality after so long, it really beggars belief. I'm not sure whether he's lazy or incompetent - most likely both, I suppose - but he takes the cake as the provider of an emu server that delivers further below expected standards than any other in the entire history of EQemu.

I can only surmise that he spent all that "development" time doing pretty much nothing while nodding and smiling at whatever his beta testers reported. It's exactly what he would do, knowing now what kind of person he is. He keeps up facades and habitually resorts to blatant dishonesty in an effort to maintain the illusion of success. He would even edit people's bug report posts to make it seem like the bug was less severe than it really was, presumably to mask how broken the server really was.

He's just not intelligent enough to actuall pull of that kind of deception, so he only manages to make a complete and utter fool of himself.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Bump it up!

The Sleeper, the most fair and polished Velious EverQuest Server in existence!

Server Features:

Dynamic Raid Spawning

Randomized Hotzones

Epics

Unique Resources

Drowed_sl

shitlord
Banned for cheating posts here mad with 2 troll accounts to respond to himself.... please do keep posting we get more traffic when you bump the thread.

You're actually delusional enough to believe that I'm the same person as anyone else posting in this thread? I never accredited you with having much intelligence, but just wow.

Persistence, hard work, integrity, and the ability to accomplish something people truly enjoy and then give it out for free is what helps me cope with idiots like you.
biggrin.png

But you wouldn't know anything about that because you're a troll.

Unfortunately you are very incorrect, server pushing 150-300 players - with over 2000 unique player accounts to date and growing.

I'd log back on and post screenshots of /w all class coming back with anywhere from 0 to 8 players at most, even during prime time hours, but the truth of the matter is that I don't give a flying monkey fuck enough to waste another second of my life logging into your server. There is no point in further degrading you or your project. There is no reason for anyone to make "troll accounts" to bash you or try to hurt your server. You're doing plenty well enough on your own ruining anything you hoped to achieve, pal.
Laughable.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Kegz_sl said:
mad with 2 troll accounts to respond to himself
You've just committed the ultimate forum failure. Wow. I'm not even going to bother suggesting that an admin check IPs, you'll probably just grasp for even further straws and claim a proxy network has been set up to unfairly discredit you or something.

You really are the epitome of an idiot megalomaniac, too stupid to see how disastrously you've failed, and too egotistic to conceive of the notion that you're wrong. This is comedy gold, and your repeated failures should be archived to preserve the hilarity.

If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.

Kegz_sl

shitlord

Server Features:

Dynamic Raid Spawning

Randomized Hotzones

Epics

Unique Resources

Kegz_sl

shitlord
If you can't set a good example, at least serve as a horrible warning.
Too bad no one cares what you say because you were banned for cheating and cant handle a 13 year old game without a handicap.
Can you not surviva Fathers day without Velious?
Take your ban like a man!

Drowed_sl

shitlord
Server Features:

Dynamic Raid Spawning
No such system is in place, nor has there been any development made to start it. The simple fact of the matter, that aside from being an outright lie, is that Kegz doesn't have nearly the know-how to create or implement this.

Randomized Hotzones
Already addressed. Hotzones and bonus xp is a farce. I'm starting to think you're just too stupid to figure out how to change xp values.

Rubicite armor, huh? I'd ask you to post an SQL query of every piece of rubicite that your population currently holds, being that it's likely in total under 10 pieces, but I don't believe you'd manage such a simple task anyways.

Epics
You surely nailed it here. Most annoying and tedious because finding working epic quests is a crapshoot with 0 chance at compensation when something goes wrong due to server / coding / database errors.

Kegz is the only GM that logs into his server any more. Aside from mostly being AFK, he's never actually online to HELP anyone. You could be having a normal conversation with the guy in active tells, then present him with a problem and he's magically AFK and unresponsive the rest of the day/night.

axeman_sl

shitlord
Too bad no one cares what you say because you were banned for cheating and cant handle a 13 year old game without a handicap.

I wasn't banned at any point. Look, this is a trend I've noticed throughout the entire thread: When criticized, you accuse the person of being a troll who hasn't played on the server. When faced with facts for which you have no meaningful argument, you call the person a cheater and claim to have banned them.

I quit after a couple of weeks because your server was too awful to bother with. You're such a failure of a person that you're now having to resort to literally lying about the people you argue with in order to deflect their points and make some kind of petty, miserable attempt at looking like you're in the right. It has the opposite effect, making you look like a complete moron.

Every time I read one of your posts, I find myself certain that you can't possibly make yourself look any more retarded and despicable. Every time, you manage to do so.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Can you not survive Fathers day without Velious?
Quoted so you can't delete your post here.

Kegz melting down worse than Fukushima. LOL

He must be finally starting to realize that his power trip isn't going to be worth anything on his doomed server.

Thief.

Status
Not open for further replies.