EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
All races/all classes would be cool, but it would either require adding a ton of new NPCs to zones / accounting for factions / etc, OR having the server start at a point where the towns no longer matter in that sense. So... a PoP start server.

Yeah, the more I think about the whole thing, the more clueless I am. Hopefully it's solid and something I will enjoy playing. Sucks having to wait until April though. I hate when people tease shit. Always feels super gimmicky. Just fucking tell us! I'm sure they have their reasons, but fuck all that... lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
All races/all classes would be cool, but it would either require adding a ton of new NPCs to zones / accounting for factions / etc, OR having the server start at a point where the towns no longer matter in that sense. So... a PoP start server.

Copy/paste all the PoK guys you'd need right in to the Freeport Tunnel. You could also flag every trainer and spell merchant in the game as race/class/deity agnostic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, the more I think about the whole thing, the more clueless I am. Hopefully it's solid and something I will enjoy playing. Sucks having to wait until April though. I hate when people tease shit. Always feels super gimmicky. Just fucking tell us! I'm sure they have their reasons, but fuck all that... lol

It's likely they're still figuring things out and don't have a solid 100% plan yet

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They reversed course on Selo and Mangler when people said the proposed rules looked like a pile of vomited shit.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Poking through the various guild discords, and one of the more popular guesses for the new server "experiment" is group DZs. It would finally kill off the social aspects of the game but get rid (or avoid at least) the campers/botters/etc. Just doubtful the EQ servers could take the punishment.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Poking through the various guild discords, and one of the more popular guesses for the new server "experiment" is group DZs. It would finally kill off the social aspects of the game but get rid (or avoid at least) the campers/botters/etc. Just doubtful the EQ servers could take the punishment.
Basically turning what seperates EQ from WoW and killing it. Hope thats not a true rumor.

• 1Like

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Highly doubt this is the case, the instance servers are fragile as it is and would explode with that kind of load.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Basically turning what seperates EQ from WoW and killing it. Hope thats not a true rumor.

EQ isn't really set up all that well for it. So you and some friends go and spawn a Guk DZ. Your friend says none of the named are up so you leave. Meh. Maybe in a group DZ each named is up but the loot is fiddled with so while you are always killing each named in each area they chances at loot are reduced? If it's a copy of the dungeon and everything spawns and respawns the same way than you'll just end up with people doing exactly and only their favorite camp. That's boring as fuck.

Highly doubt this is the case, the instance servers are fragile as it is and would explode with that kind of load.

I think you might be able to retool them in to LDoN style clears where you have a fixed time period to do an objective but that also just sounds dreadful.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They could just repurpose Old Man Mckenzie missions for that basically. Pop your Lguk, go in and blast. Reset. Not sure I like that idea as much, but god knows it's a fucking pain in the dick in certain zones with low pick #'s when the top camp is always 12 necros FD'd at the spawn. Open world dungeons definitely help you pick out the server riff raff early by seeing people do shady and dumb shit and remember their names for the next 3 years with a vendetta because they trained you with bloodthirsty ghouls while you were at ass/sup for some reason. That's the TRUE EQ TLP experience.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
remember their names for the next 3 years with a vendetta because they trained you with bloodthirsty ghouls while you were at ass/sup for some reason. That's the TRUE EQ TLP experience.

There's also the Rajaah Vaniki Experience: Camp stuff in Lower Guk, have people show up to a cleared camp and "not see you" and start camping, then when the room respawns and you de-cloak and out-DPS them on all the mobs, they go ballistic and accuse you of stealing their camp, then rant about it for days in general channels until an entire guild thinks you're a villainous camp thief.

PS, anyone wondering why I was "de-cloaking" in LGuk when everything is undead...it was FD, which raises even more questions. Maybe I fell into a wall and only my feet were visible, like the Wicked Witch.

Xevy

Log Wizard
We had some dildo pick into our camp (back when picks were X to X in zone) and then claim we stole it because none of them were using SEQ and we were IN Upper Kings room chilling. Then we told them to fuck off and we had proof because I was streaming and this guy Karen'd me and said he did NOT give me permission to stream him. They then refused to join us for the server first Vox/Naggy raids as this dildo was an officer because they'd "do it on their own". They collapsed about 3 weeks later and never killed a single raid target.

Feels good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So... they are putting in leaderboards huh. Probably tied to titles or mounts. People will no life and lose their job for a mount.
Nah. Can confirm no leaderboards. That’s pretty uhh “basic”. They are doing something more significant for this server..

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Project M 2.0 confirmed

my body is ready.gif

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Caught up with by a buddy of mine who works over at DPG. Gave me the DL on new server. You boys are in for a BIG surprise. Can’t say much really other than the most competitive of us will REALLY enjoy it…

“So I’m blowing this fat black hog - just slurping it deep and my belly hurts it’s so big. Anyways I turn to my imaginary friend and he tells me Eq and wow will merge into everwar of quest craft then I blacked out cause I sucked 9 more dicks”

Foler Translator 2000

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Gross.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
That would be a pretty big reverse course considering they just nerfed XP in DZ's to discourage grinding in them.

Not to mention instanced content has been around since LDON. And post-OOW there is quite a bit of group content that is task-based and instanced, so that doesn't fit the "experimental/something we've never done before" clues.

Last edited: