EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We now have official confirmation of a new TLP coming this year. They are saying it will be a May release, I am projecting Thursday May 25th.

AD80CBB6-F688-463C-8BD8-45BD6B73D1A6.jpeg

Server Predictions:
1: Vanilla TLP with Relaxed Truebox starting in omens.
2: Special ruleset using one of the following gimmicks: FV Loot, PvP, Selo Unlocks (double loot instead of half lockouts) or something entirely off the wall.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I cant see them doing 2 servers that arent starting with a classic launch and no true box. Hoping the gimmick server is fun. Mischief and Vaniki were a great change.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We will probably see the Memorial Day exp bonus begin at midnight PST on the 26th or 27th as well. So it will be on in time to give the first wave of levelers a nice boost.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I think a Mischief clone will happen for sure.

The other one is hard to say, it seems like the smart thing to do would be another "event" server that gives you account wide cosmetics. But since that is the smart thing, it seems like DPG would not do that, and instead deploy an Aradune clone or something like that.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I would be shocked if they skipped a mischief clone this year.

Then again that's the kind of common sense surefire victory that DPG loves to screw up.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would be shocked if they skipped a mischief clone this year.

Then again that's the kind of common sense surefire victory that DPG loves to screw up.

If they do a mischief clone, not sure I want them to do a 2nd server for overflow this time. The transferring of items from one server to another causes issues.

It would be nice to see another mischief without the plat dupe and the loot exploits fixed.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Some sort of bonus loot, random loot, bonus random loot, free trade, relaxed true-boxing kind of thing I'd expect. I don't know how many sweeteners they think they need to add in.

Vaniki was fun for what it was but ain't no one gonna want to bind rush Avatar of War for an hour again. That whole thing got really mangled by opaque unlock/server rules with Wrath of the Lich King finishing the job. I do hope they continue doing gimmick servers though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i think i'd only play this time around if it has: free trade, bonus loot, can be random or not. Otherwise the games pretty dull at this point

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some sort of bonus loot, random loot, bonus random loot, free trade, relaxed true-boxing kind of thing I'd expect. I don't know how many sweeteners they think they need to add in.

Vaniki was fun for what it was but ain't no one gonna want to bind rush Avatar of War for an hour again. That whole thing got really mangled by opaque unlock/server rules with Wrath of the Lich King finishing the job. I do hope they continue doing gimmick servers though.

IMO Vaniki style servers are just not worth the dev and support time. Vaniki topped out at about 500 players and dropped pretty quick to where it averages 150 a day now 8 months in. Yelinak has not been a good server yet still averages 1400 daily 8 months in.

The only positive thing about Vaniki was it kept some of the most toxic retard players away from Yelinak.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
New UI right before the progression server. That won't cause anyone to freak out or anything.

DirectX 11 API port sounds exceptional and overdue.

As for the ruleset, I'm hoping they do one normal, and one off-the-wall ruleset again. Let's get an official classless server! :p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
IMO Vaniki style servers are just not worth the dev and support time. Vaniki topped out at about 500 players and dropped pretty quick to where it averages 150 a day now 8 months in. Yelinak has not been a good server yet still averages 1400 daily 8 months in.

The only positive thing about Vaniki was it kept some of the most toxic retard players away from Yelinak.

I suspect Vaniki, in terms of revenue, punched above it's player number for all those early months. People were buying a fucking mountain of shit from the Daybreak store to be/stay competitive. It very well might be regarded as enough of a success to continue experimenting with more event servers. There's also some merit in taking chances given Mischief's success. If we get something like just one vanilla server or just one Mischief clone this year that'll say a lot.

i think i'd only play this time around if it has: free trade, bonus loot, can be random or not. Otherwise the games pretty dull at this point

Bonus loot with a chance for that loot to be from another monster of the same tier is what I'd probably try and pitch?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
New UI right before the progression server. That won't cause anyone to freak out or anything.

DirectX 11 API port sounds exceptional and overdue.

As for the ruleset, I'm hoping they do one normal, and one off-the-wall ruleset again. Let's get an official classless server! :p
didn't they do their 64 bit client last year right before the progression servers? maybe it was a lot earlier than the servers actually came out but that seemed pretty smooth

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
didn't they do their 64 bit client last year right before the progression servers? maybe it was a lot earlier than the servers actually came out but that seemed pretty smooth

New UI has far more risk honestly. I wish they would beta test it for 4+ months or so before doing live with it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Goddamn it it's always fucking May. May's gorgeous!

Yeah, I wish they'd drop one of these servers in like, February. I'm never doing much in February.

Server Predictions:
1: Vanilla TLP with Relaxed Truebox starting in omens.
2: Special ruleset using one of the following gimmicks: FV Loot, PvP, Selo Unlocks (double loot instead of half lockouts) or something entirely off the wall.

I think one of those predictions will be right but not both. They always have at least one classic-launch server. It's possible this will be the time they don't, given how many we've gotten. Maybe this year we get two things that are different. I can only hope.

Omens launch would be pretty interesting. I'd still like to see them try a TSS launch server just because of the level 1-75 content in TSS and it being a whole new leveling path for people. If we aren't getting that, Omens is probably the second-best post-GoD launch point. Starts everyone right after the GoD that they all run away from every server, and with a ton of content to do. I'm thinking the level 70 wasteland wouldn't be too bad under these circumstances. Normally you have a couple months in OoW, then the wasteland of the other 70 expansions. With an OoW launch you've got a couple months of OoW and everything before it, so people are still gonna be swimming in things to do for the first few months, and DoN/DoD/PoR won't seem like as much of a drought as they usually do. Still, I'd hope TSS isn't more than 4-5 months out from the initial OoW launch and even that'd be pushing it. Ideally it's OoW for 2 months, then all 3 of the next expansions at once, then TSS 2 months after that.

We will probably see the Memorial Day exp bonus begin at midnight PST on the 26th or 27th as well. So it will be on in time to give the first wave of levelers a nice boost.

I'm ready for my yearly "bang out all the levels and be the only person farming giants for two days" again. Especially if there's a bonus. Time to load up on Redline and adderall.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I don't think relaxed box will go in ahead of it being tested on Yelinak. I'd say the 2024 servers will include relaxed box though

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Gives us a month to get our UI working :D

I'm still hoping to get my character import / export tool working with everquest models (at least the old ones) before then, but it is maybe 50/50.

If I could get that working it would probably be easy enough to get robes working on non robe races, fix any animation problems etc. Get rid of any barriers to making more race/class combos available!

• 1Mother of God

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I challenge veterans like yourselves to the fuck box achievement.

if you 2 box, then you must pick the least synergetic combo possible. Cleric Druid, mage rogue, warrior warrior. Who will pull off the most useless duo