EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Anyone do a thing with personas? How are personas?
You need to level and AA the new personas from scratch. So it’s just like making a box but worse. It seems like it would be a massive time investment to maintain in the AA eras especially when you are burning glyphs on raids and have like 10,000aa to be raid ready.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah there are no Zaide, Atabishi, Mabbu (insert other sweaty guild leader) types that care about that shit left. Most guilds are happy to run their dz's and kill whatever they can with 12 hours of raiding per week.

Not sure why some seem to think that is a bad thing.
One thing I know for sure. Zaide Zaide 's ass was never online. He may have lead a bunch of sweaty try hards. But that MF was off doing an FTX or some shit every other day. :trump:

For me, though. Racing other guilds for shit was like 90% of the fun. Pixels were nice, obviously - but getting the kill and taunting the other guild is way more fun than killing the same shit without drama. Of course, some of the best times Ive had in EQ was also just chilling at Fire Giants talking shit with everyone way back in classic P99. So really, its whatever.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
You need to level and AA the new personas from scratch. So it’s just like making a box but worse. It seems like it would be a massive time investment to maintain in the AA eras especially when you are burning glyphs on raids and have like 10,000aa to be raid ready.
I'm messing with alternate personas right now on the Mischief server, and this is pretty spot on.

The only benefit you get is:
  • No reflagging for alts because all perosnas get the same flags on that character
  • Not having to buy mounts for alts because all personas share the mounts on that character
  • One time /claim items get to be used across all your personas on that character, so splurge on expensive stupid shit cause you only need it once
  • Being able to go do something on your character when no one else is online by swapping to a persona that is more solo-friendly
Beyond that, there is no benefit, and in reality you get sucker punched in the nuts on some things by not just having an actual alt character rather than an alternate persona. One such kick to the nuts is the fact that an alt character can log out somewhere and log back in to that same place later. As an alternate persona, your character is going to login at the last place your last alternate persona logged out. You can't have an alt in like Sirens Grotto and another alt working over in another zone. Instead, you have to login as the last persona that logged out, go to a fast camp zone (aka PoK or starting city), swap to the persona you actually want to play, and then travel back to the spot you where you want to play. It's a bullshit mechanic that makes AP suck.

They could make Alternate Personas pretty damn nice if they did just two simple things:
  1. Make it so you can swap personas anywhere as long as you are out of combat
  2. Make it so you can choose WHICH persona to log in as at the character select screen
If they added those two features, Alternate Personas would be a win for the game.

If they wanted to make APs not trivialize raid content, all they would have to do is make it so that you can't swap personas in a raid zone. That's it. It's not that hard to fix some of the exploits that AP would create in the game.

The only other thing they could add to the Alternate Persona system to make it a win win is create an alternate persona dragon horde where your alternate persona's equipped gear gets put when you swap personas. The fact that it tosses you equipped gear randomly in to your bags when you swap alternate personas is a huge annoyance. I can't imagine trying to keep track of gear for all the classes in the game if you had all the alternate persona class slots opened. It would literally be a nightmare.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
If they wanted to make APs not trivialize raid content
I am not sure how APs could trivialize already trivial raid content any more than someone just having an alt could? Cause it shortens the turn around time to swap? Esp with heirloom gear all it does is ease the swapping to a mirror/alt.

It feels like the same conversation in WoW about allowing dual spec.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

They really need to add the ability to direct exp to a AP while playing any character on that persona. They also need to add the ability to buy AP with DB cash without buying the expansion.

Relapse

Trakanon Raider
One thing I know for sure. Zaide Zaide 's ass was never online. He may have lead a bunch of sweaty try hards. But that MF was off doing an FTX or some shit every other day. :trump:

For me, though. Racing other guilds for shit was like 90% of the fun. Pixels were nice, obviously - but getting the kill and taunting the other guild is way more fun than killing the same shit without drama. Of course, some of the best times Ive had in EQ was also just chilling at Fire Giants talking shit with everyone way back in classic P99. So really, its whatever.
I talked waaay more shit on p99 srry pal

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, I was in that guild for a bit. I joined late, hit level cap probably 3-4 weeks after everyone else and made a joke asking if I was server first. Autistic Grok seriously responded in guild chat with something super toxic, 0 sense of humor. Myself and like 4 RL friends dropped right away. Hilarious he's still doing that.

I mean we were super casual, but we still hang out to have fun...

How does this Grok dipshit get anyone to join his guilds? Regularly kicking people he doesn't like and snapping on people for jokes is douche behavior.

Never forget Dima and co wiping to a Gorenaire they jumped on at like 25%.

lol, the impression I get is that Lockjaw was both a hoot and a huge shitshow.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I talked waaay more shit on p99 srry pal

200w.gif

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I always wanted to make an evil gnome cleric, where you start in the Mines of Malfunction. Seemed like hard mode, maybe next TLE!

(That WIS though ;\ )
I think bertox gnome clerics end up having like the most neutral faction possible. Can go almost everywhere.

• 1Blown