EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
/gems is also getting a HUGE expansion pack.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jasper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Someone posted this on the official forums...

"Heard atabishi has already told a few people the ruleset in preparation and is coming back after years hiatus for it. If true makes me think there is some race aspect to it."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

"Heard atabishi has already told a few people the ruleset in preparation and is coming back after years hiatus for it. If true makes me think there is some race aspect to it."
Seems super legitimate.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Just like he was going to be in the last Rapiers guild.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Rule set will be released soon. They’re just ironing out a few of the actual implementation details as it involves a slight change in mechanics…

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Rule set will be released soon. They’re just ironing out a few of the actual implementation details as it involves a slight change in mechanics…
Why can't you just stop existing.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hey remember when Foler disappeared into a 6 month spiral of black dick? That was nice

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
That server failed spectacularly. It has almost no population, which is fairly impressive for EQ2, which already has no population outside of timelocked servers.

I tried it for 5 minutes. Zoned into the starter Velious zone, with all my levels and max AA, but with shit gear and mobs that took forever to kill. Saw about 10 people in zone on release, shrugged and left. And I'm the type that likes the occasional EQ2 TLE with a good guild.

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
“I don’t have time to play a childish game for 20 years like you all”

Has 36k posts on these forums.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Remember when CBS did a special on being addicted to EverQuest? Me neither!

They mention a guy that killed himself at his computer with EQ still running

1679108101881.png

1679108128615.png

Alright, which one of you catfished Iluvyou and broke the poor man's heart.

Also,

1679108254579.png

Did anyone know there was such a place? I can't believe I never heard of people trolling the fuck out of it.

Based Chicago Tribune not buying it

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
This was a big story. If I recall that dude was autistic and EQ was his only social interaction and some shit went bad and they accused him of scamming or something and he killed himself. Sad shit, but still happens in a lot of video games nowadays. It was definitely a big enough news story that my parents were like "THIS EVERQUEST WAS IN THE NEWS TODAY! YOU PLAY THAT DON'T YOU???"

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
This was a big story. If I recall that dude was autistic and EQ was his only social interaction and some shit went bad and they accused him of scamming or something and he killed himself. Sad shit, but still happens in a lot of video games nowadays. It was definitely a big enough news story that my parents were like "THIS EVERQUEST WAS IN THE NEWS TODAY! YOU PLAY THAT DON'T YOU???"
you can't talk about this stuff with Sox around... he signed NDAs and got zones named after him to keep from blowing the lid on Wooleygate after RMTing over $5k with nary a scratch

• 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We had some dildo pick into our camp (back when picks were X to X in zone) and then claim we stole it because none of them were using SEQ and we were IN Upper Kings room chilling. Then we told them to fuck off and we had proof because I was streaming and this guy Karen'd me and said he did NOT give me permission to stream him. They then refused to join us for the server first Vox/Naggy raids as this dildo was an officer because they'd "do it on their own". They collapsed about 3 weeks later and never killed a single raid target.

Feels good.

Some moglyzoke or something named dude has paid twice to forum ban me because I apparently ruined his everquest experience in the past. I don't know who he is or what I did but the idea that I dunked on someone in eq that hard years ago gives me quite the chubby.

My group on selo had the druid streaming on twitch, and as a result, I think, we were actively fucked with much less than the apparent experiences of others in zones like velks or ssra for the latter levels. I worry about the opposite - someone being a cunt for the camera - but haven't witnessed that yet.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Some moglyzoke or something named dude has paid twice to forum ban me because I apparently ruined his everquest experience in the past. I don't know who he is or what I did but the idea that I dunked on someone in eq that hard years ago gives me quite the chubby.

My group on selo had the druid streaming on twitch, and as a result, I think, we were actively fucked with much less than the apparent experiences of others in zones like velks or ssra for the latter levels. I worry about the opposite - someone being a cunt for the camera - but haven't witnessed that yet.
You were fucked with less because only one guild had Grisvok warping around on a level one to train people. This has been explained to you like 50 times including by officers from that guild who talked about it.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That server failed spectacularly. It has almost no population, which is fairly impressive for EQ2, which already has no population outside of timelocked servers.

EQ2 has been such a ghost town every time I ever popped on there. I really question why it has gotten expansion after expansion all these years. They split their resources like 60/40 between EQ2 and EQ1 and the EQ1 expansions really suffered for a long time. Eventually I think it shifted (probably Empires of Kunark in EQ1 onward) to where maybe EQ1 gets 60% instead. Who knows what the real numbers are, point is, EQ2 was a resource drain and still is, for something hardly anyone plays.

2023 is looking like the year of Atabishi vs The Rapiers, the battle of the century. EQ's deadliest players throwing down.

It'll be Platinum Rapiers vs Atabishi's guild 'Keep My Name Out Yo Fuggin Mouth'

Those Rapiers!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Truth!