EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you get on the aggro table of an open world boss you're PvP flagged for five minutes.

Sadly that wouldn't work as zones break down with huge numbers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Foler: You guys are losers for playing this video game.

Also Foler:

View attachment 464162

5-7 nights a week, 8-10 hours a day.

Never forget.

View attachment 464163

Also Foler: “my schedule offers extreme flexibility”

= Entrepreneur WFH

= Unemployed

Suineg being the reference, although they have never played together really stood out to me.

Suineg did my selos ( I think it was selos?) static and cucked out before launch.

He also turned traitor and switched teams not too long after launch. Scandalous.

Man, that whole thing was zany. I like most of the Amtrak crew (everyone I've played with) but Lord knows I got pissed-off at the leadership, namely the level 1 shenanigans. I kind of respect the hustle though, if you're going to go balls to the wall to win then go balls to the wall.

Also, if you don't want to get messed with in a competitive level-rush situation, don't use your actual character name at first. I did so I probably shouldn't complain much at getting trained a bunch of times while leveling up. Name changes later are easy. So either don't use your public name, or accept the risk of possible consequences.

So serious question for anyone here that can play this from 8am to 1am, what do you do for employment that allows those hours?
MANY people are VERY interested in me. I actually retired some 8 years ago. Decided retirement was gay after spending it with losers in a video game.

Newsflash. Suineg was always a traitor. I’d hook him up with mq2 and do all sorts of shit for him and he would sell his own guildies out/fuck them over.

• 2Moron
  • 1NPC
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1679274122562.png

"Well, if the thread wasn't gay before, it is now"

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
MANY people are VERY interested in me. I actually retired some 8 years ago. Decided retirement was gay after spending it with losers in a video game.

Newsflash. Suineg was always a traitor. I’d hook him up with mq2 and do all sorts of shit for him and he would sell his own guildies out/fuck them over.

Are you the eqer who convinced him to start the show your chode thread?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Issue with that is if it's doable by shitters, the high ends will blow through it in a night. If the Faceless/Amtrak's of the world struggle with it, then you get a lot of guilds who will never have a chance
Are Fabled raid mobs still a thing? Or whatever they were called?

• 1Seriously?

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
who was that bard we played with and did all the warping shit back in the day Foler Foler lmao
Bro. Which one? There was the crazy tranny one that supplied our crew with mq2 then there was the actual woman. The tranny I can’t remember off the top of my head. The woman? Crystaelis I believe? I think she ended up in circles of eternity after we all quit eq. I always wondered what happened to her.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You could also retool raid DZs to have a hard mode or to scale with the number of participants or both and tie cosmetic rewards or extra loot to them but that's a bunch of WoW garbo with its own problems.
EQ is ripe for hard-mode and level scaling in live and TLP. All the raids in the current expansion was beaten by every bush-league raiding force the first night. I was able to box all the challenge achievements in the missions without a ton of upgrades and even with a newbie tank. TLP just seems boring to me, it's so trivial and all the difficulty is fighting over trivial mobs or splitting DZs or whatever, yawn.

My favorite 2 ideas for TLP are either a toned-down Vaniki (I like the idea someone else posted about staggering the level/AAs of a new expansion so people fight content while being under-leveled and under-AA'd) or level-scaling the dungeons. The level-scaling is interesting to me only because being able to level-scale old would do a LOT for live EQ.

• 1Like

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
The level-scaling is interesting to me only because being able to level-scale old would do a LOT for live EQ.
This is the guess that best fits the clues. An experiment that's never really been done before that could work on live as well. It's also a common feature for modern MMO's afaik (only other "MMO" I've no-lifed is Destiny where everything scales), and it seems that's the direction JChan wants to go. I could also see them experimenting with a system that allows higher level players to group with lower level players. Not sure how common that is in real modern MMO's - I only know Destiny, where "max level" vets can group with a day 1 noob and go do certain activities together.

It would be cool to see them experiment with scaled raid content/smaller raid forces, but that might be too radical of a change.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure how common that is in real modern MMO's - I only know Destiny, where "max level" vets can group with a day 1 noob and go do certain activities together.
A system where level 1 noobs can join a max-level group and get squire'd up so they're not a complete liability and waste would fill a massssssive hole in live EQ where if you're not boxing, don't have people to carry you and aren't playing a necro that can just solo effectively, getting to max level even with a heroic character is a huge, boring chore.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
A system where level 1 noobs can join a max-level group and get squire'd up so they're not a complete liability and waste would fill a massssssive hole in live EQ where if you're not boxing, don't have people to carry you and aren't playing a necro that can just solo effectively, getting to max level even with a heroic character is a huge, boring chore.
If the content scales to what ever level you are, then what is the point in having a leveling system in the first place?

What else does Everquest have going for it? The armor never really changes, weapons barely change with most of the changes being just glow effects, there is no animation changes as you level up. The game literally is Levels, AAs, and Gear stats. That's it. Take away the importance of levels and AAs, and all you got left is gear stats, and I'm assuming that is a nothing burger as well because if a level 1 can play with a level 100, then the gear obviously is meaningless too.

This level scaling idea is the actual death of a game that has been undead for over a couple decades already. No need to send in the cleric because you can't rez this game if that's what Jchan is going for.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont like this notion of making TLP's a test bed for live now. Thats what the test server is for.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I dont like this notion of making TLP's a test bed for live now. Thats what the test server is for.
The test server is a barely used smoke-test to see if changes break before deploying an already frozen patch . TLP as a test-bed for the game makes perfect sense because it gives them freedom to try new ideas to attract cyclical TLP players and their $$$ with them.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like the idea of 2 tlps per round with 1 being potentially experimental while the other uses repeated / stable mechanics. Test away on a tlp but don't make that the only option.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

We already tried that years ago with Classless 2.0, and the reality of such a system is that it doesn't fit the bill on EQ.

People need stuff to grind for and there needs to be an incentive for them to start over and/or go help their friends.
The EQ loop doesn't work fundamentally if you squire people up, but if you give them incentive to go through the hoops repeatedly and get benefits for doing so, that may work.

Make each playthrough different in some way. That's why Mischief worked so well - people liked the random loot which affected their subsequent playthroughs. It gave them a new goal (rares) to chase all over and they saw loot they didn't normally see from NPCs they would not normally chase after.

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I got it... EQ roguelike leveling, here we come! Every loop of max level grants permanent tiny bonuses. You know too many people would delve into a spiral of 120 hour a week EQ lifestyles. Imagine the money from 24/7 xp pots from the marketplace... brilliant JChan!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I got it... EQ roguelike leveling, here we come! Every loop of max level grants permanent tiny bonuses. You know too many people would delve into a spiral of 120 hour a week EQ lifestyles. Imagine the money from 24/7 xp pots from the marketplace... brilliant JChan!
That's actually a really good idea dude.

• 1Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
This is pretty much the server I am working on for emu, Chainbreaker.

You reincarnate at varying level thresholds (30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 etc) and get points that unlock other race and class combinations on your current character.
If you're both an Iksar and Human, you have the highest of the two mods apply on a faction check, both of the racials apply, etc.

Also the race bonuses are revamped and fucking sick.

Froglok basically gets 10x jump height when walking. It's a blast.

1679369278367.png

I'd be flattered if Daybreak tried something like this, but it's too 'out there' for them (and likely not monetizable), I'd feel.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users