EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'm guessing High Elf is protected from taking damage/effects from their own spells, i.e. rain damage spells and targeted AOEs won't hit them too. Which would be super useful for Wizards and their AOE snare (I'd take Druid single-target longer-lasting snare any day). If it affects Cannibalize, then a High Elf Shaman would be completely OP.

I really like the idea of having all races have a useful race innate trait, not just Ogre and Troll and whoever else does now. I notice Ogre is unchanged on that list because they're already "there" and the list is just bringing everyone else up.

Speaking of completely OP I'm not too keen on the last one. Resist all spells seems way OP an ability for Drakkin. If keeping that ability, scale it down to like "10% less damage from spells" and have it increase to 20 and 30 over time. OR to really be on-brand, have the Drakkin racial innate be resistance to dragon breath, up to 30%.

S Secrets
You also resist all heals... fully. You're immune to /all/ magic. That includes beneficial effects, buffs, etc. There is only natural regen left.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Atabishi lost all my respek when he said Floor was "terrible". That's just a red line you cannot uncross.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You also resist all heals... fully. You're immune to /all/ magic. That includes beneficial effects, buffs, etc. There is only natural regen left.

But that means... that means Drakkin are garbage!

*holds earpiece*

...Oh yeah. They already were.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Atabishi lost all my respek when he said Floor was "terrible". That's just a red line you cannot uncross.

She's the perfect mix of Tarja and Anette. Very terrible take on Atabashi's part.

This is up there in terms of 'I took on 3 navy seals' in terms of demonstrably false info.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
But that means... that means Drakkin are garbage!

*holds earpiece*

...Oh yeah. They already were.

This is still a more tame fate than leaving them in the backwaters of Erud's Crossing with 0 base runspeed, 0 base walkspeed and negative HP regen.

Opimo

Golden Knight of the Realm
She's the perfect mix of Tarja and Anette. Very terrible take on Atabashi's part.

This is up there in terms of 'I took on 3 navy seals' in terms of demonstrably false info.
Maybe what he really said was "I took 3 Navy Seals"?

• 2Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Maybe he really did take 3 Navy Seals on and all of this hoopla over it is actually wrong. I can envision a situation where one guy gets the better of 3 guys, if all four are trained to fight and the 3 guys are all inebriated and stumbling over each other to get to the one guy. I've had enough Navy friends to know what drunks they can be. Maybe it was a basic scuffle and he got the better of them and the story just kinda blew up from there. It's just such an oddly specific and non-believable thing to just make up otherwise, that I think it's possible it either isn't made up, or is a mild exaggeration of a real event.

I also believe in UFOs and Atlantis so take my opinions how you want

• 1Picard
  • 1Moron

Xevy

Log Wizard
In all fairness the tallest Navy Seal I've met was maybe 5'10 and most of them were around 5'8. So maybe they were doing some sort of three-kids-in-a-trenchcoat maneuver ol' Bishi was too quick for.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Big announcement coming soon. Stand by.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Big announcement coming soon. Stand by.

1679529886386.png

That's bullshit but I believe it.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Maybe he really did take 3 Navy Seals on and all of this hoopla over it is actually wrong. I can envision a situation where one guy gets the better of 3 guys, if all four are trained to fight and the 3 guys are all inebriated and stumbling over each other to get to the one guy. I've had enough Navy friends to know what drunks they can be. Maybe it was a basic scuffle and he got the better of them and the story just kinda blew up from there. It's just such an oddly specific and non-believable thing to just make up otherwise, that I think it's possible it either isn't made up, or is a mild exaggeration of a real event.

I also believe in UFOs and Atlantis so take my opinions how you want

He took three navy seals

Up the ass

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
They did just announce something massive today, way prior to Foler's post... the new UI which looks the fucking same and functions on the user side identically.

UI scaling would be useful for higher resolutions. It's pretty bad on 4k now.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
They did just announce something massive today, way prior to Foler's post... the new UI which looks the fucking same and functions on the user side identically.

Why are you so salty? Are you mad that Suineg wouldn’t dox me for you and Zaide Zaide ? Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
UI scaling would be useful for higher resolutions. It's pretty bad on 4k now.
Yeah they're just setting up bigger changes down the road. Rolling out the 64-bit changes slowly, doing the small stuff first. 4k is probably one of the goals they're heading towards.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Why are you so salty? Are you mad that Suineg wouldn’t dox me for you and Zaide Zaide ? Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule
Dude, I don't even remember who the fuck you are in EQ, in all honestly. If I had problems with you in the past, I have zero memory of whatever it was about. You're cool, don't worry.

People getting baited by your BIG ANNOUNCEMENT in this thread is hilarious as fuck though concerning all the same.
Just "Mr. Sox" levels of concerning that people blindly trust the info.

That's ultimately not your fault though, can't blame you for baiting people that eat up breadcrumbs of server info like it's gospel.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
There's a 33 page pdf on the layout conversion tool. Seems like the new format will be pngs and html

The company name for the tool is Toadman Interactive :emoji_frog: