EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Maybe he really did take 3 Navy Seals on and all of this hoopla over it is actually wrong. I can envision a situation where one guy gets the better of 3 guys, if all four are trained to fight and the 3 guys are all inebriated and stumbling over each other to get to the one guy. I've had enough Navy friends to know what drunks they can be. Maybe it was a basic scuffle and he got the better of them and the story just kinda blew up from there. It's just such an oddly specific and non-believable thing to just make up otherwise, that I think it's possible it either isn't made up, or is a mild exaggeration of a real event.

I also believe in UFOs and Atlantis so take my opinions how you want

Wtf are you even talking about? There's nothing "oddly specific" about it. Navy SEALs are one of the most common things sad and pathetic people pull out of their asses to try and make themselves look cool.

All your story does is tell the world you're one of the gullible idiots that fall for stupid shit like that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Wtf are you even talking about? There's nothing "oddly specific" about it. Navy SEALs are one of the most common things sad and pathetic people pull out of their asses to try and make themselves look cool.

All your story does is tell the world you're one of the gullible idiots that fall for stupid shit like that

f90417b7-2ff7-444e-ab09-bdad857c240e_text.gif

edit - these Gen X references ain't getting any younger

1679544350580.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I was playing Devil's Advocate and going "perhaps..."

Not saying I actually believe it. I don't believe anything one way or another (or, for that matter, particularly care).

Mainly I was just annoyed at another Navy Seals derail and thinking it'd be something if it had really happened and yet here people were derisively referring to it years later.

Movie I didn't know existed. The crazy thing looking back is Charlie Sheen taking a secondary role to Michael Biehn.

Michael Biehn is awesome, but outside of James Cameron's filmography he was never one of those tier-A Hollywood leading men or even tier-B. Probably too honest to go to The Island and shit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Movie I didn't know existed. The crazy thing looking back is Charlie Sheen taking a secondary role to Michael Biehn.

Michael Biehn is awesome, but outside of James Cameron's filmography he was never one of those tier-A Hollywood leading men or even tier-B. Probably too honest to go to The Island and shit.

Well he was just coming off of

1679545749401.png

and Aliens was only a couple years prior.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I always thought Atabishi was some dude meta-roleplaying a roleplaying game. Pretend to be the most stereotypical sweatlord guild leader and see how far he can push the LARP. Pretty far it seems.

I got trained by him personally during a race for an open world target, which I'll check off as an achievement in my EQ career. I'd never before been at the forefront of raiding enough to warrant it. You only get attacked if you're a threat, otherwise you just get ignored.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well he was just coming off of

View attachment 465132

and Aliens was only a couple years prior.

I just saw this for the first time not too long ago. Last James Cameron movie I hadn't seen. Coincidentally I wrote about it a few hours ago in the movie rating thread:

The Abyss - Considering this is probably one of James Cameron's least-talked-about movies (it isn't even available anywhere on a streaming service), I expected this to be kind of dull or slow or an acquired taste. Instead what I got was an incredible movie that should have been iconic. Has the earliest incarnation of the "T-1000 tech" with the liquid creature the crew encounters midway through the movie. Absolutely gorgeous movie and a proto version of Avatar 2 in some ways (protect the oceans, etc). Also was cool to see Michael Biehn playing a villain for once. He's a proto version of Colonel Quaritch from Avatar, a military guy with one way of doing things who is very difficult to stop. There are several versions of the movie with several different endings, and I hear the endings are varying quality and can make or break the movie. I guess I got the good version because the ending was incredible. The scene where Ed Harris struggles to revive his wife was probably the first time I FELT something while watching a movie in a long time. This was great. I think it's also the last James Cameron movie I hadn't seen (unless you count Sanctum, which he produced and was very involved in, but didn't write or direct...and was also kind of a follow-up to this movie, so I'll look for that next). 10/10. I mean I'd give this 11/10, I forgot movies could make me feel anything like this. 80's-90's James Cameron is the best moviemaker of our time.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Dude, I don't even remember who the fuck you are in EQ, in all honestly. If I had problems with you in the past, I have zero memory of whatever it was about. You're cool, don't worry.

People getting baited by your BIG ANNOUNCEMENT in this thread is hilarious as fuck though concerning all the same.
Just "Mr. Sox" levels of concerning that people blindly trust the info.

That's ultimately not your fault though, can't blame you for baiting people that eat up breadcrumbs of server info like it's gospel.
This was back when Suineg ran the forum during agnarr. If we cool then we cool.

You don’t have to believe me that I’m in the know. I have nothing the prove. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
So they put all the Heritage Crates back on the marketplace and the gambling addicts showed up in force!

Which lead me to this...

Screenshot (306).png

Which in turn took me down a dark path to this...

Screenshot (309).png

Which is how we came to this...

Screenshot (310).png

Yep.

Attachments

• bite_my_shiny_metal_ass_by_mr_artz_d2aospb-fullview.jpg
    bite_my_shiny_metal_ass_by_mr_artz_d2aospb-fullview.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
It's never been a secret though. Most people just don't know that ability exists from PoP onward.

Now when Mischief launched I put 10 deputy visages on my accounts but I collected those for 2-4kr each. The fairy illusions I did the same but even cheaper. I never gamble on the loot boxes, just purchase the final rewards.

Xevy

Log Wizard
We always had enchanters go big dick DKP for rare illusion items a la Sporali so they could do the raid for funsies. Only the braindeads would ever outbid them.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
And if historical trends hold it will be wildly unpopular and they will be forced into some kind of backtrack or concession.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
scaley.png

The only thing I can see that the scale actually affected is the window selector, which I usually get rid of. But cool they are working on it! Someone at daybreak must have gotten a decent monitor finally.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user