EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
499 DBC to reserve your name is fucking hilarious.

The only people going to do this are the high profile players that know their names get sniped every TLP.

What I dont get is, if it cost 500 DBP bucks, why on earth is there a /played time requirement?

Seems to be it was just going to be free to celebrate the anniversary and you start with people who have a lot /played to one name, but some suit said "Wait a minute we can tack on a charge here" and these suckers will just go "oh it just cost the free 500 you get a month already, no big deal!".

Or If I wanted to give DPG a little credit, the /played requirement is just a way for their shitty 2000 systems not to be overwhelmed by the entire population trying to reserve their name asap.

Xevy

Log Wizard
What I dont get is, if it cost 500 DBP bucks, why on earth is there a /played time requirement?
So people don't pay what is the equivalent of $5 to sell a name they have no connection to some one who previously used the name for the equivalent of $21. Not sure what's not to get.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Seems to be it was just going to be free to celebrate the anniversary and you start with people who have a lot /played to one name, but some suit said "Wait a minute we can tack on a charge here" and these suckers will just go "oh it just cost the free 500 you get a month already, no big deal!".

Or If I wanted to give DPG a little credit, the /played requirement is just a way for their shitty 2000 systems not to be overwhelmed by the entire population trying to reserve their name asap.

It should have been a bidding system. I would totally have bid on some names just to mess with those people.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
They don’t drop their regular loot + extra. They roll 2-3 random tables from their tier of mobs. The only guaranteed items are usually quest flagged items.
Is that the same for raid mobs?

I read that shit wrong then, my bad.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is that the same for raid mobs?

I read that shit wrong then, my bad.
Yep, all mobs.

It honestly works out such that it rarely matters that the mob's original drops aren't guaranteed. It's obviously not that viable to target farm but if you're not against simply farming anything and selling, you can just buy it.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yep, all mobs.

It honestly works out such that it rarely matters that the mob's original drops aren't guaranteed. It's obviously not that viable to target farm but if you're not against simply farming anything and selling, you can just buy it.
yeah in the end it doens't really matter since everything is droppable

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah in the end it doens't really matter since everything is droppable
I really appreciated in Mischief, how planar armor was just something you could pay for. I had a hodge podge of Lustrous and Indicolite armor in retail, and I dont think I ever, not once, got a bracer to drop while I was online. This time I had a full suit of indicolite and that was like an internal checklist of happy nostalgia. (Even though some of it is shit, and not BIS.) On the other side of that is sad nostalgia, though, with the Helm of Rallos Zek. I got one of those on Mischief, and it should have been a moment of happiness since I never had one drop on live. But it was ruined by the fact that its the same fucking cosmetic as Skull Shaped Barbute. I had just finished my customized Warlords Crown. Nostalgia's a bitch.

jUGywjH.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can’t believe they are still rolling out with the Tormax turd.

Yeah, it's tough to believe this is what they're going with. Selo Clone would have been interesting and if they didn't want to do that than Mischief Plus Full Boxing would have been something people actually were interested in. Copying the covid lockdown server and it's mediocre ruleset is strange decision making.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What is this shit I keep hearing about Vaniki? Rewards that will be claimable on new tlp? What are some of the big ones? Are they available at launch?

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What is this shit I keep hearing about Vaniki? Rewards that will be claimable on new tlp? What are some of the big ones? Are they available at launch?

You can go on to Vaniki and any of the challenges you complete there (one per character) can be claimed on any server that meets the requirements. The Western Wastes trinket, for example, doesn't function until Velious unlocks. That one is especially useful as it drops you goddamn right outside of ToV. It saves you so much fucking time it's unreal. I don't know how it works on Vaniki in terms of people selling challenges but with three months of Kunark guilds are going to have little events where they get people that trinket. You need to kill Yelinak while everyone on the raid is level 51 or lower and there are some cheese strats also available.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Does stuff like https://wiki.project1999.com/Siblisian_Berserker_Cloak get added to random named mob loot pools btw?

Frontier Mountains exp sucks dick but my god I have some good memories/nostalgia exping there in original Kunark on my Druid alt. Giant fort chaos + pulling wandering mobs etc. I hope there is a decent chunk that goes to Kunark so it feels nice and alive.

I don't know why they can't just balance the zems out and make more zones better. Just bump every zone up to a decent level imo. Who gives a fuck if an easier outdoor zone has a high zem. It's fun. Was it something like, they can't do it because it affects every server or some bullshit? Even that excuse is dumb nowadays.

Frontier Mountains Giant Fort was awesome, I've got fond memories of that too. Tried doing it again a few times on TLPs, and yeah, the EXP is so bad that it's bordering on time wasted, which is unfortunate. When I was a kid it was such a cool place, with lots of room to kite if solo, but also always had people there to group with.

Ah, there it goes. 200d played reservations are live now. 499 DB points per reservation.

$5 is whatever but the fact that they didn't mention it until this week (I think) is grimy. Adding that on at all is kinda grimy. Was a good idea otherwise to let people with high playtime reserve names.

You bring up a good point. There is a small group of people that, each launch, try and lock up as many names as possible for no greater reason than it amuses them.

View attachment 526177

Even if someone decides to level up a character they are name squatting with and leave them online long enough to at least get the 10 day there's still a fee on top.

The 10 day reservation is a mistake and will probably be abused. Shouldn't be anything below the actual real-world time left between now and then.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
How do people do shit like Defeat Queen Pyrilonis or King Gelaqua at level fucking 60? Am I just misremembering their difficulty? I was in Crimson Tempest of Maelin Starpyre at the time which was one of the best guilds period at the time and they were no pushover right after getting into RSS at max level with a fuck ton of AA and good gear. Is it all cheese we didn't know back then? I only have vague memories of wiping a few times. I dunno what strat evolved.

I have vague memories that Queen was easy and King was hard, maybe?

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How do people do shit like Defeat Queen Pyrilonis or King Gelaqua at level fucking 60? Am I just misremembering their difficulty? I was in Crimson Tempest of Maelin Starpyre at the time which was one of the best guilds period at the time and they were no pushover right after getting into RSS at max level with a fuck ton of AA and good gear. Is it all cheese we didn't know back then? I only have vague memories of wiping a few times. I dunno what strat evolved.

Level requirements were relaxed such that you can wear higher level gear. There is scaling but it's still incredibly overpowered. You can also level up and get some AA that stick around and then delevel.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

For the most part, people didn't beat the Vaniki fights at the appointed levels. They beat them after the fact with higher level support. King/Queen might have been done legitimately though, I think those fights are possible at 60.

Everything up to Cragbeast Queen was beaten by multiple guilds (CBQ has busted regen) at 55. Lethar at 65 you can't even use the cure you need for the fight because of levels...

All in all the whole thing was kind of a mess. However it had some bright spots. AOW at 40 was hilarious, Emperor Ssra at 55 was intense (and I got his sword, solid memory), The Curse Reborn at 55 was like the only fun LDON raid I've ever done, and Lord Mithaniel Marr at 55 was one of the best fights I've ever had in EQ. OoW epic fights were actually kind of epic at 60. In a lot of ways the game is more enjoyable with minus ten levels. However it isn't designed for it and when the premise falls apart, it really falls apart.

Wish I could claim the Emperor Ssra pet illusion more than once, it's stuck on Vaniki and it's pretty much my favorite thing.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

All Required level gear has it's Required level replaced with recommend level. So you can wear level 100 gear like Zealator's Ambition at level 50 and it will only give 218 damage instead of 435. It's comically overpowered and all the raids below like level 85 are soloable now, unless they have fight specific mechanics like Vish that prevent that sort of thing.

I think all the Raid currency ones are disabled still.

Wish I could claim the Emperor Ssra pet illusion more than once, it's stuck on Vaniki and it's pretty much my favorite thing.

Pretty sure it's repeatable on a different toon.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1714026906824.png

New computer, in windowed mode everything is microscopic and barely-readable... fullscreen fixes it at least but I'd like the option of windowed. Changing the resolution seems to do nothing. Never had this issue before, anyone know a fix?

1714027977008.png

Well hey that's pretty cool.

Had the account since some point in 1999 but I assume the "total time" is just subbed time and that's why it's not 25 years. That said, I've definitely been unsubbed for more than 3 years over that time. Late 2001 to late 2004 alone is 3 years, plus several in the last decade, and the last two years... well, IDK.