EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The weapon procs for almost everything work for full value at level 1.

It's absurd how OP it is. Especially if you buy some slots with AA clicks that work at level 1 like a 100+ damage shield and 90 +hp/mana regen.

Leveling path changes to Crescent Reach 1-18 killing whatever reds keep giving full exp cap per kill. Then move 1 zone over to blightfire and go right to BEEEEEEEES until 30ish. Then go to velks and 1 shot spiders with your axe procs and laugh at how fucking dumb this whole game is.

This takes about 2 hours to do 1-40 by yourself with an axe.

Enjoy!

What an amazing server. I'm going to have to try something like that.

Unfortunately my issue with windowed mode having completely microscopic everything is preventing me from doing any boxing. Playing one character fullscreen, no problem. Having 3 up and windowed...this is pretty goddamn unplayable

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What an amazing server. I'm going to have to try something like that.

Unfortunately my issue with windowed mode having completely microscopic everything is preventing me from doing any boxing. Playing one character fullscreen, no problem. Having 3 up and windowed...this is pretty goddamn unplayable

Try unchecking the "Use new UI engine"?

I had an issue on 2nd account, where all the text was blurry. Unchecked that box and re-launched game and it was gone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Try unchecking the "Use new UI engine"?

I had an issue on 2nd account, where all the text was blurry. Unchecked that box and re-launched game and it was gone.

Tried it, didn't seem to do anything. When the new UI engine is checked, though, it lets me use the "UI Scale" slider which I thought might solve my issue entirely.

1714101761970.png

But all that does is make the Window Selector and Target's Target windows really big while not actually changing anything else.

.............lol

1714103209159.png

After more setting-experimentation, this is the entire screen now lol

I've set EQ up on...I want to say about 9 or 10 computers in the past 25 years and it has never been an issue before. This is also the first time post-2022 though.

Solved the issue, had to change my entire desktop resolution to a lower level and then resize everything in EQ to fit. Now EQ's fine, but everything else on the computer is too big. Welp.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
How long do these "temporary block" things last?

Was fighting fabled gorenaire but got warped to 0/0 a few times when feared, pulled her to that spot so it stopped, but 10 mins later, DC'd and can't log back on. Fuck this company

• 1Picard

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Tried it, didn't seem to do anything. When the new UI engine is checked, though, it lets me use the "UI Scale" slider which I thought might solve my issue entirely.

View attachment 526354
But all that does is make the Window Selector and Target's Target windows really big while not actually changing anything else.

.............lol

View attachment 526359

I've set EQ up on...I want to say about 9 or 10 computers in the past 25 years and it has never been an issue before. This is also the first time post-2022 though.

Solved the issue, had to change my entire desktop resolution to a lower level and then resize everything in EQ to fit. Now EQ's fine, but everything else on the computer is too big. Welp.
You could try setting up / finding a 4k ui. I made one a few years ago but I haven't updated it in ages so it is probably superbroken.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I assume a higher-level character can't just solo the Vaniki fights for lower-level characters, everyone in the raid has to be below the level threshold?

What about, say, clearing out Plane of Fear with high-level characters and then leaving and coming back with 40 characters for the Cazic fight? Would it work or would the game recognize that the instance had high-level people in it?

And do people have to actually be in the zone to get the achievement or can you have people sitting in PoK on their level 1's when necessary and still get credit?

Probably isn't any way to avoid it, so looking for a quick way to de-level from 60 to 40, lul.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1714116027062.png

More questions:

Why are some of the achievements in yellow text? Do those work in open world or something?

Why is the reward for Riftseekers completely effing pointless? They give you the exact same illusion for getting to level 60.

Why is it like impossible to get any of the regular bosses in their DZs? Getting 70+ fabled versions of the dragons in every DZ I pop.

Why do I keep proccing Cripple on everything since I got a bunch of Conflagrant gear? Weapon doesn't have that effect on it, don't see it on any armor or spells. Seems to be a defensive proc because I can fight 5 or 6 mobs at once and as I cycle through they're all Crippled already.

Last edited:

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

View attachment 526354

.............lol

View attachment 526359

/chatfontsize=6 or something, and resize the chat windows to match? What else do you need? You saying you can't see your health bars or something? lol. Boomer problems!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How long do these "temporary block" things last?

Was fighting fabled gorenaire but got warped to 0/0 a few times when feared, pulled her to that spot so it stopped, but 10 mins later, DC'd and can't log back on. Fuck this company
Ive been summoned all over on Vaniki, laughing my ass off the whole time at how ridiculous it is and didnt get banned for warping. So your story is pretty crazyyy!! BUT - there is a DB employee in our midst that clarified that people are full of shit and their first offense on the account is a 24 hour ban / warning. Not directed at you, but just those bad bad warpers, out there.

(If any of you are using Everhack or whatever and get banned - I might suggest a new account for Teek thats clean.)

View attachment 526354

.............lol

View attachment 526359

I had to adjust all kinds of shit since I like to play EQ on a TV instead of my monitor's. Some of the settings for the UI boxes arent in the options menu, but are options within UI elements themselves. Little menu's that pop up on, right click? I believe? That adjusts button size, font size, etc. When you start adjusting everything, you really get to see just how outdated the games UI is. All the default options are garbage. Especially all the shit they have going to your chat window. God, the fucking default chat options are awful. Much less the advanced loot option. Or trying to fight with Nvidia or Razor or EverQuest for who has rights on each computer to use the Alt+Z button. Which that should be a button on the main bar and they can consolidate a fuck ton of those options, too.

If they did a solid update on the UI, like really put some effort into streamlining all 4 billion options, I think it would make the game 3000% more playable for new players and old players, alike. I kept typing "/group" for the longest time and had no idea why it wasnt working. Like gah damn, bro. Accept /g, /group, /p, /party, etc.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What happened with Ancient spells and other odd spells on Mischief? I'm mainly thinking of ancient spells from VT, some of which are enormously powerful. Were they tradeable? Did they drop outside of VT?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What happened with Ancient spells and other odd spells on Mischief? I'm mainly thinking of ancient spells from VT, some of which are enormously powerful. Were they tradeable? Did they drop outside of VT?

They're tradeable. Vulak also has ancient spells.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They're tradeable. Vulak also has ancient spells.
I know, but I meant do they get added to raid mob loot pools all over or are they still exclusive? I checked the Allahkhazam of an ancient song that was supposed to be exclusive to Vex Thal and someone made a comment saying Vulak dropped it before Luclin even came out lol. Was that just a bug or? I guess it must have been a bug since even random loot is supposed to be within expansion.

I don't know why I care I'm just being nostalgic I guess. God damn ancient spells were such a power spike.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I know, but I meant do they get added to raid mob loot pools all over or are they still exclusive? I checked the Allahkhazam of an ancient song that was supposed to be exclusive to Vex Thal and someone made a comment saying Vulak dropped it before Luclin even came out lol. Was that just a bug or? I guess it must have been a bug since even random loot is supposed to be within expansion.

I don't know why I care I'm just being nostalgic I guess. God damn ancient spells were such a power spike.

Getting the ancient enchanter mez first in my guild meant I had the pleasure of handling two of the mezzable snakes during Emp fight…

• 1Barf

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I was wondering about top DPS on TLP (raid) by expansion these days and I got conflicting info. Apparently monks got their crit tables adjusted a few years ago? Apparently motm mobs weren't parsing caster dps properly?

What are the actual top 3 dps classes in the first 6 expansions? Is Monk far ahead still? Or is it Wizard? Assuming equally competent players, equally geared, and equally supported with buffs.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was wondering about top DPS on TLP (raid) by expansion these days and I got conflicting info. Apparently monks got their crit tables adjusted a few years ago? Apparently motm mobs weren't parsing caster dps properly?

What are the actual top 3 dps classes in the first 6 expansions? Is Monk far ahead still? Or is it Wizard? Assuming equally competent players, equally geared, and equally supported with buffs.
For 99% of shit, it's going to be Monk. There are a few fringe cases where Wizard can outparse, but feign death still means I'd rather have the Monk.

It's probably Monk, Wizard, Rogue. Swap Rogue here and there with Ranger and SK depending on era.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Seems like Fableds are really messing with Vaniki raid spawns. Pulled 7 achievement-related DZs last night and four out of seven had Fabled versions in them which made everything a huge PITA. Won't be an issue to do with an actual raid, but running around soloing/duoing these right now is kind of ass.

Also I think Fabled Trakanon actually zoned me out to the regular zone on banish rather than just putting me at the spot in the DZ, because I had a loading time and Trak was nowhere to be found. But I'm not entirely sure, gated after that regardless instead of investigating further because it was getting late.

Last edited:

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
If they did a solid update on the UI, like really put some effort into streamlining all 4 billion options, I think it would make the game 3000% more playable for new players and old players, alike. I kept typing "/group" for the longest time and had no idea why it wasnt working. Like gah damn, bro. Accept /g, /group, /p, /party, etc.

Absolutely. Whenever I come across an EQ post on the MMORPG subreddit, I swear half the posts are, "I'd play this if it weren't for ancient graphics/UI"

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

^ He's right about people typecasting certain classes for pulling that don't actually make sense, not in these early eras.