EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's also the cheapest and easiest route for a team that can barely push out a limited expansion each year.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Note: this is for AHK V 2.0

In case anyone might want to use AHK for training up skills via key toggles.

Red box with 1 next to it is to activate/deactivate (toggle) the AHK macro. Red box with 2 next to it is the keys it will keep pressing in a loop till it gets toggled off.

! = Alt
^ = Ctrl
+ = Shift

1 and 2.png

Can download these via --> AHK Macros ( These are for Monks, but once you see the macro, very easy to edit it in notepad for anything else! )

Last edited:

Elaida

Trakanon Raider
Has ri actually done any of the vaniki stuff for people in prep for the server?
Yes. Very often. Sorry for the late response bud. I check these forums pretty rarely.

Popping over to Vaniki to mess with a competing guild doing achievements is so absolutely on brand for them it hurts. On Oakwynd they were doing a pick of Frontier Mountains for an Angry Goblin and someone else got the turn in before them. They went on to spend the next half hour kiting and high sunning the thing until the quest turn in timer ran out so they could steal the kill. They made a video celebrating their achievement and a bunch of people ate a suspension over it.

And they loved it. Not the suspension of course (kiting someone's turn in mob until the loot lock timer runs out is against the rules obvioiusly) but the half hour of grab ass and the kill. Vicious lights up like a Christmas tree during these kinds of squabbles. For him a beautiful goddamn disaster where his people come out on top is better than a hundred server first kills. If you're all about glorious clusterfucks where the entire guild stops what it's doing to take a shit in someone else's cornflakes and then cheer for whose log is the biggest than RI is the guild for you. If you think getting enough people suspended over one Angry Goblin that it hinders your guild's ability to raid for a week is about the dumbest fucking call you've ever seen than seek membership elsewhere.

They did get the Angry Goblin spawn timer changed though so we all owe them a debt of gratitude.

This video like most things depends on context. The guy in question was no innocent and when RI popped a pick for the turn in he picked and warped over for it. Everyone chooses how far theyd go.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Note: this is for AHK V 2.0

In case anyone might want to use AHK for training up skills via key toggles.

Red box with 1 next to it is to activate/deactivate (toggle) the AHK macro. Red box with 2 next to it is the keys it will keep pressing in a loop till it gets toggled off.

! = Alt
^ = Ctrl
+ = Shift

View attachment 529405

Can download these via --> AHK Macros ( These are for Monks, but once you see the macro, very easy to edit it in notepad for anything else! )
Got one for not getting kicked for being afk and not getting caught by the afk kick systems?

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Got one for not getting kicked for being afk and not getting caught by the afk kick systems?
Nope :(. Was not aware of that? Would not doing those abilities mean your character is active? Unless you mean you want afk and not do anything? Can do /sit and then /stand macro?

Does moving a step back and then a step forward avoid the kick system? Can write a macro to press forward for a 10th of a second and then back for another 10th of a second?

Can write one to hit enter and type out a /say message and then hit enter. 😂 if that would help?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Nope :(. Was not aware of that? Would not doing those abilities mean your character is active? Unless you mean you want afk and not do anything? Can do /sit and then /stand macro?

Does moving a step back and then a step forward avoid the kick system? Can write a macro to press forward for a 10th of a second and then back for another 10th of a second?

Can write one to hit enter and type out a /say message and then hit enter. 😂 if that would help?
I haven't played in a few TLPS but they created custom afk kick code because the queues are so bad. It's a double edged problem because people don't want to log out because the queue is hours and hours and hours, and the queue doesn't lessen because nobody wants to log out.

I don't know what the modern trick is to stay in game, or if there even is one that doesn't get you in trouble.

I feel bad for doing that shit when queues are so bad but it's a doggy dogg world. I'll probably just have to face the queue because I don't have drugs to stay up 24 hours like others.

God the queue is gonna be soooooo, so bad.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't played in a few TLPS but they created custom afk kick code because the queues are so bad. It's a double edged problem because people don't want to log out because the queue is hours and hours and hours, and the queue doesn't lessen because nobody wants to log out.

I don't know what the modern trick is to stay in game, or if there even is one that doesn't get you in trouble.

I feel bad for doing that shit when queues are so bad but it's a doggy dogg world. I'll probably just have to face the queue because I don't have drugs to stay up 24 hours like others.

God the queue is gonna be soooooo, so bad.
Speaking of Queue - the remote PC software I was using is.. well, defunct. I dont know what happened to it, but money wasted I guess.

Anyone have any suggestion for iPhone to Remote PC Desktop software? I see plenty on there, but there is always some caveat with random ones.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I keep hearing about Timeless Tokens being account-bound and how there's a chance people can spend them on Teek for OP stuff.

Well, it doesn't look like they're account-bound. That said, if Tides of Time IS on Teek at launch, there isn't anything stopping people from forming a group at 60 and doing the quests on there and getting OP gear. I seriously doubt it will be there though.
It's locked to 85+, so there's that stopping you...

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's locked to 85+, so there's that stopping you...

What's locked to 85, the gear?

The gear's roughly VT-level so no way it's in on Teek. If anything, the ornamentations might be purchasable but that's probably it. To avoid exploits they're better off just removing the ToT zone.

The second post is hilarious. Everything he said is probably spot-on, too. Only thing he forgot (not that it matters for Teek) is mentioning that Beastlords aren't competition for leather because they're too busy bidding up Monk H2H weapons that the Monks have been waiting weeks to see drop.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's locked to 85, the gear?

The gear's roughly VT-level so no way it's in on Teek. If anything, the ornamentations might be purchasable but that's probably it. To avoid exploits they're better off just removing the ToT zone.

The second post is hilarious. Everything he said is probably spot-on, too. Only thing he forgot (not that it matters for Teek) is mentioning that Beastlords aren't competition for leather because they're too busy bidding up Monk H2H weapons that the Monks have been waiting weeks to see drop.
It's going to be on Teek. The tower is going to be on Teek day 1. I would bet krono on it.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Leveled a necro to 35 on Vaniki today just using merc and crap gear.

I haven't done any of them so far, so stopped at 35.

Anyone doing any of this achievement crap tonight, send me an invite. I'm hanging out in guild lobby.

<- Same name

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This video like most things depends on context. The guy in question was no innocent and when RI popped a pick for the turn in he picked and warped over for it. Everyone chooses how far theyd go.

One of the smaller consequences of cheating or playing with people that are habitual cheaters is that after a while it becomes the default lens to view events. If the dude was pre-bound in the proper location than all he needed to do was pick over and pop a Vial of Swirling Smoke and he'd be there instantly. Did he cheat? Given the climate on Oakwyn it's more likely he cheated than he didn't cheat but he didn't have to cheat to accomplish the same thing. Jacking long respawn quest mobs (or VP key pieces before the ground shit got changed) spawned from fresh pickzones is certainly dickish in its own right but that's just how it goes. It's hard to tell from the clip but it looks like someone from RI is too slow to do the turn in but still fast enough to get aggro first and thus the Oakwynd FTE lock? The Angry turn in guy spawns aggressive doesn't he? Getting that tag post turn in is speedy. Slower loading on the pick explains things as well as blowing an expensive consumable. Gate's five seconds. If the other guy warped there that's more than enough time to turn in plus get aggro and stop that ridiculous kite from ever happening.

The more interesting part of the story is that RI was willing to spend a half hour fighting over it, make a video of the whole thing and get like 15 people a vacation for engaging in an activity they 100% knew was directly against the rules - fucking with a turn-in mob so long it goes FFA and jacking the quest loot.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's going to be on Teek. The tower is going to be on Teek day 1. I would bet krono on it.

If I had any real krono to bet I would take you up on that because I don't see how it's workable.

If it is, then it sounds like everybody needs to hit this at level 55 if that's the req level for the gear. As in "drop everything and go do this at 55". Gonna be fun trying to do the Lavastorm quest with the ground spawns if a zillion other people are trying to do it. Took me a few minutes even as the only person in the zone.

Also I gotta correct myself, I said the slow-proccing belt is the best belt on Vaniki. Aside from the 3 or so classes it doesn't apply to, the real best belt is the 64k plat conflag belt that procs a 5k DD on damage spells. That one blows away the competition.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If I had any real krono to bet I would take you up on that because I don't see how it's workable.

If it is, then it sounds like everybody needs to hit this at level 55 if that's the req level for the gear. As in "drop everything and go do this at 55". Gonna be fun trying to do the Lavastorm quest with the ground spawns if a zillion other people are trying to do it. Took me a few minutes even as the only person in the zone.

Also I gotta correct myself, I said the slow-proccing belt is the best belt on Vaniki. Aside from the 3 or so classes it doesn't apply to, the real best belt is the 64k plat conflag belt that procs a 5k DD on damage spells. That one blows away the competition.
Those spawns are specific to the person with the quest, so competition wouldnt be a thing. But level 60 is more important than those things, just because in that era specifically, Level > Stats. So its worth it for you to keep grinding it out and just do it in your spare time.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The more interesting part of the story is that RI was willing to spend a half hour fighting over it, make a video of the whole thing and get like 15 people a vacation for engaging in an activity they 100% knew was directly against the rules - fucking with a turn-in mob so long it goes FFA and jacking the quest loot.

RI usually plays on servers with very little actual competition and still goes balls-deep with their sweatiness. I'm kind of impressed. It'll be interesting to see how they do against major competition.

Donald Trump Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
RI usually plays on servers with very little actual competition and still goes balls-deep with their sweatiness. I'm kind of impressed. It'll be interesting to see how they do against major competition.

Donald Trump Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

If you're looking for people willing to shoot up the place over a scuffed pair of kicks put in an app today.