EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Server discords stopped being a thing a while ago, they didn't see a lot of use and questionable people like Mabbu often had control of them.

Most EQ players are oldies that don't bother with discord unless it's raid time.

TheRealmOnline

Silver Squire
I'm definitely old and losing it, given how many EQ things I'm drawing a blank on even though I've done them a bunch of times. The last 18 months of not playing seems to have coincided with a fair amount of EQ memory loss where I keep having to look things up that I've done ten times. And yeah, the guys you named are all bosses. I don't think anyone's ducking competition intentionally, but I don't think RI has had much on these TLPs either.

This is huge news. Well, it's good that I didn't make that krono bet with @Zaide after all!

Bards are gonna be way more viable, as well as hybrids in general, with the mana regen. Tanks having 400 more HP from the gear is also going to be a big deal, even if the content is super easy now. Still wondering why people are saying FT5 though, as AFAIK you can only get up to FT4 if you buy four regen augs and put them in the four gear slots. Unless there's a fifth gear slot that I missed when I ran all of these, or people are counting base regen in with the number.

Yep, now we (probably) won't have rollbacks a week into the server where everyone logs in and has four missing gear slots.

Could be FT4... I was parroting FT5 from others. Don't feel like scouring the item database for all AUG 25 slots. Either way, it's pretty big for Bards and to a lesser extend other hybrids like sk and ranger

Xevy

Log Wizard
There are certainly server discords, but they're usually smaller and between guild leaders not a FFA as they'd get shit up bad pretty quick.

Edit: Unofficial of course.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Also Aeth did some good videos about it on Youtube that I'm just getting around to watching.

This one runs down the rewards and the concept of this whole deal. Before you do these group missions you have to do some solo quests, which have good writeups at Bonzz's site EverQuest Year of Darkpaw

You don't have to do the collections (like finding groundspawns in Blackburrow or Unrest). Those probably are just to get more currency, but simply doing the 5 quests and the 5 group missions is enough currency to get the four gears and four augs. Anything beyond that you're basically farming to get the mount for later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol remember when they removed a dbc item that gave a buff of like 100 mana or some shit like that because it was “too strong”, how far we have come

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think the mount buff might be locked to some expansion. Can't summon it until Luclin regardless. Also I think I made a mistake, I mentioned there's a charm and it's better than anything else for a while. Well, now that I think about it, the charm slot itself might not show up until PoP. Not sure if the maxed-out PoP charm is better than this one. EDIT: Nevermind, charm slot exists before PoP, it's just that before now charms themselves didn't.

Also bear in mind that the augs, while not lore, are Type 25 which means they only work with equipment from these missions. So no filling your equipment slots with Tower augs, unfortunately. With 3 pieces of gear (4 if the charm is equippable) that's 3 augs you can place, or +3 Mana Regen / +12 Attack. Unless I'm missing something obvious, which I could be because I didn't spend much time investigating this. People keep saying FT5 so I probably am missing something.

FT3 is still pretty damn good regardless and not game-breaking, so hopefully they leave this in.
There are some augs that are also type 7/8 that go in almost every slot.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So, what class is everyone going to main? I go through this every TLP... Are Mage's Ragefire level strong again?!?!?! Rangers still great dps?No idea what's changed class-wise since Aradune's launch.

I'll probably end up starting with an enchanter, again.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Seems silly that you can have FT4 in Ruins of Kunark. I'm probably remembering wrong, but isn't one of the only FT items in Ruins of Kunark the wizard epic that gives a whole whopping 1 mana regen?

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
So, what class is everyone going to main? I go through this every TLP... Are Mage's Ragefire level strong again?!?!?! Rangers still great dps?No idea what's changed class-wise since Aradune's launch.

I'll probably end up starting with an enchanter, again.

Still debating between Bard, Shaman, Mage, but I hear Mages are no fun to raid with on TLPs because of mod rods and pets damage being nerfed for some reason?

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still debating between Bard, Shaman, Mage, but I hear Mages are no fun to raid with on TLPs because of mod rods and pets damage being nerfed for some reason?
IMG_0874.jpeg

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There are some augs that are also type 7/8 that go in almost every slot.

You're right, the single-stat ones are type 7. Nice. There's also one for shields. Here are the 3 that are worth getting, IMO:

1716318583706.png

The type 25 isn't lore, so we can get four of those for the four pieces of gear.

However the others are "lore equipped" which I assume means you can only equip one of each. The shield is worth getting for shield-users, and one of the int aug for anyone with spells. However the rest of the type 7's are just kinda...bad. There's one for every stat (I think) so aside from the caster stats you can get one for sta, agi, and dex if those benefit your class.

Would be awesome if the type 7's weren't lore (which I thought they weren't for a second there) because you could load up on your main stat.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Seems silly that you can have FT4 in Ruins of Kunark. I'm probably remembering wrong, but isn't one of the only FT items in Ruins of Kunark the wizard epic that gives a whole whopping 1 mana regen?

The Wizard epic is a buff, so it's not even FT. First FT items come in Velious on normal TLPS. Small amounts of FT are really overrated for most classes, it's a really big deal for Clerics. But a SK being able to cast 1 extra Drain Soul every 6 minutes just isn't impactful.

All Kunark content is beatable with basically naked toons, SoV BiS has better AC and/or resists and SoL gear has Focus effects and FT1 items typically don't cut it.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just want to know what game breaking stuff will be in before its taken out.. Or just left in for days to destroy the server.

Sterling

El Presidente
Wizard epic doesn't stack with spirituality potions or beastlord buffs. The wand from Plane of Time does though.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

But Motm, random loot, shared loot buckets, changes to Keying/Flags, epics, extra rares, etc. That's all fine. But FT4 is where you draw the line.. A whole 4 mana a tick.. The horror!

If you want pure eq classic, go play p99. You can have all the tediousness you want.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Increased skill caps, SoF combat tables, and spell revamps already make characters orders of magnitude stronger than they were in original classic/kunark. FT4 isn't insignificant but it's not as big as any of that stuff i mentioned. Also, as a thing mount buffs weren't always tied to expansions, they just were gated to expansions in the shop. However when they started giving out mount buffs outside of the store they had to make a change especially with the nature of the selo server.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's pointless to care about this shit anymore. I used to care about it 10 tlps ago but we're so far gone that it's better if you just don't give a fuck and just go with it. Thankfully we have P99 and for now we also have Quarm so we have the museum there for when we need it. But tlps are Season of Discovery. They aren't classic.