EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Anything worth getting? Or is it the usual junk like weapon illusions and shit?
The charm you can get at 85 (Mischief current cap) is pretty nice. It powers up as you do more anniversary quests. Also a nice mount for people who don't have azia/beza mounts already.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am guessing that this means the rumored Fan Faire didn't make the cut. It would have been cool to attend one but maybe another year!

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
lol anti-cheat "improvements"
throw this new server in the dumpster already bruh

Knowing Daybreak it will mostly target casuals using SEQ or auto foraging while AFK and leave the big warping botting crews completely untouched.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The charm you can get at 85 (Mischief current cap) is pretty nice. It powers up as you do more anniversary quests. Also a nice mount for people who don't have azia/beza mounts already.

Is azia the best mount buff, or the first? And does it affect speed?

Can't believe I don't remember this stuff, but it has been several years. Could swear Dena etc were above Azia for mount buffs and I don't think it affected speed.

My tinfoil hat theory is that the new owners are using EQ as a testbed for new systems and mechanics in preparation for a future MMO.

I could see this being the case. Maybe not new tech, but ideas for game mechanics certainly. Especially if that "EQ3" development rumor turns out to be real.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
New servers were officially announced today, no names or details though. Supposedly anti-cheat improvements are coming, and Thornblade is being merged into Mischief in July.

Very good idea you had about putting the soundtrack on streaming. Usually when I mention how good EQ's music is, people are like "EQ has music?" but it really does have some good stuff.

Didn't know Luclin had bangers, never really heard anything pre-GoD. Gonna check it out now. A few tracks I remember being outstanding:

-Steamfont Mountains (new version, SoF)
-Katta Castrum
-Sunderock Springs
-Barindu
-Riwwi
-Velketor's Lab
-Steam Factory
-Plane of Innovation

Here's the Steamfont one. Super good "setting out on a new adventure" type theme to start SoF, one of the reasons I'm partial to that expansion.

Barindu's theme is perfect for the zone.

I think Sunderock is my favorite tune from the game, but it isn't readily available on YT so you'll need to dig in the files for it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So the 25th anniversay server won't open on the 25th anniversary. Instead they'll open on Memorial weekend when normal people are getting outside and going on vacation.
I swear these people would fuck up a wet dream.

You do realize you are mentioning normal people in TLE Server_91 thread right? ;) ;)

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Very good idea you had about putting the soundtrack on streaming. Usually when I mention how good EQ's music is, people are like "EQ has music?" but it really does have some good stuff.

Didn't know Luclin had bangers, never really heard anything pre-GoD. Gonna check it out now. A few tracks I remember being outstanding:

-Katta Castrum
-Sunderock Springs
-Barindu
-Riwwi
-Velketor's Lab
-Steam Factory
-Plane of Innovation

Here's the Steamfont one. Super good "setting out on a new adventure" type theme to start SoF, one of the reasons I'm partial to that expansion.

I think Sunderock is my favorite tune from the game, but it isn't readily available on YT so you'll need to dig in the files for it.
Check out Nexus and VT for sure.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So the 25th anniversay server won't open on the 25th anniversary. Instead they'll open on Memorial weekend when normal people are getting outside and going on vacation.
I swear these people would fuck up a wet dream.

I'm sure they'll fuck everything up because that's all they know, but launching it in May isn't one of the reasons

Ruhl

Boner Donor

-Katta Castrum
-Sunderock Springs
-Barindu
-Riwwi
-Velketor's Lab
-Steam Factory
-Plane of Innovation

PoP had some fantastic music all around that expansion. I personally really enjoyed that score the most

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah, the Grimling War is a great track. Riffed a bit too much off of Star Wars though.

Lmao holy shit that's like lawsuit tier.

Edit: I wonder if this was allowed because SoE owned Star Wars Galaxies at the time?