EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I leveled all my trade skills from 0-300 over the past few weeks.

When I was working on pottery I learned about player made ornamentations. Oh boy.

View attachment 522038

Oh man, tradeskills in EQ, never again.

300 is enough to do Shawl 2.0 and Shawl 3.0 which are fun quests (and strong items, regardless of class).

It's 301-350 and the Artisan's Prize that was a bridge too far for me. I think I got to around 310 before I tapped out...on the game entirely (for a while).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The fact that you can fail crafts, at least as far as I know from up to Planes of Power, is fucking crazy as fuck to me. Had some SK planar armor made on Aradune-POP and failed some shit. Never, ever, again, going down that road. I was self funding that shit with real life money at that point, so losing 10-20 bucks wasnt that big of a deal on a personal level. I'd feel like fucking shit asking the guild to help me get the mats for another fucking BP or some shit, though.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The fact that you can fail crafts, at least as far as I know from up to Planes of Power, is fucking crazy as fuck to me. Had some SK planar armor made on Aradune-POP and failed some shit. Never, ever, again, going down that road. I was self funding that shit with real life money at that point, so losing 10-20 bucks wasnt that big of a deal on a personal level. I'd feel like fucking shit asking the guild to help me get the mats for another fucking BP or some shit, though.
Imagine killing god but then failing to bake a rat ass pie the next day.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Zaide Zaide Listening to the Permafrost episode (LINK HERE) and this is some really interesting stuff so far. Apologies if any of this gets gone over later in the video, as I've only seen the first 30ish minutes so far.

In any case, all this time I thought Nagafen and Vox were Kerafyrm's parents, but it makes a lot more sense that Dozekar is the father. He's the cursed one, while Naggy and Vox are just exiled. Seems like more of a preventative measure to keep them from banging out any more prismatic psychopath half-breeds.

So the big question is... who is Kerafyrm's mother? And since there's no other "cursed" dragon besides Dozekar, does that imply that it wasn't consensual (thus Dozekar was the only "guilty" one because he couldn't keep it in his pants)? Eh, that's probably going a bit far for EQ lore. Then again we've got Zlandicar who ate another dragon's kid.

Dozekar uses the "rust dragon" model that Sontalak and Aaryonar use. Always found that model kind of weird. He's also really small, so we can presume that it isn't his real form and they basically form-changed him to be small and unattractive. Dozekar's original model was a standard blue dragon (ala Lady Nev) before that. Which might have just been a placeholder, or maybe that was supposed to be an indication of his original form. As far as Kerafyrm's mother goes, there's really no telling which dragon she is, or if she's even in the game. Maybe she exploded in childbirth.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide Listening to the Permafrost episode (LINK HERE) and this is some really interesting stuff so far. Apologies if any of this gets gone over later in the video, as I've only seen the first 30ish minutes so far.

In any case, all this time I thought Nagafen and Vox were Kerafyrm's parents, but it makes a lot more sense that Dozekar is the father. He's the cursed one, while Naggy and Vox are just exiled. Seems like more of a preventative measure to keep them from banging out any more prismatic psychopath half-breeds.

So the big question is... who is Kerafyrm's mother? And since there's no other "cursed" dragon besides Dozekar, does that imply that it wasn't consensual (thus Dozekar was the only "guilty" one because he couldn't keep it in his pants)? Eh, that's probably going a bit far for EQ lore. Then again we've got Zlandicar who ate another dragon's kid.

Dozekar uses the "rust dragon" model that Sontalak and Aaryonar use. Always found that model kind of weird. He's also really small, so we can presume that it isn't his real form and they basically form-changed him to be small and unattractive. Dozekar's original model was a standard blue dragon (ala Lady Nev) before that. Which might have just been a placeholder, or maybe that was supposed to be an indication of his original form. As far as Kerafyrm's mother goes, there's really no telling which dragon she is, or if she's even in the game. Maybe she exploded in childbirth.
I assume he was made smaller for the purposes of fulfilling his curse, or perhaps he “grows back” and never has time (in lore) to fully regrow before being slain in the Halls of Testing again.

The reason I think it’s his real form is because that dragon model has a pretty unique stance and Kerafyrm has the same stance. It’s like low to the ground, feet far apart, long neck that curls to the side, whereas most dragons stand upright Lady Vox style.

1711974213085.jpeg

1711974399618.png

As for the mother, no idea. I assume she died since we don’t see evidence of a similar punishment for her. I’m supposed to have Tony Garcia on the podcast soon so I’ll def ask about the mother of Kerafyrm.

Now that I think of it, Aaryonar, Dozekar, Sontalak and Kerafyrm are all just a retextured version of the Trakanon model. Minor changes but yeah the body and neck seem to be the same.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Oh man, tradeskills in EQ, never again.

300 is enough to do Shawl 2.0 and Shawl 3.0 which are fun quests (and strong items, regardless of class).

It's 301-350 and the Artisan's Prize that was a bridge too far for me. I think I got to around 310 before I tapped out...on the game entirely (for a while).
The only time I ever did tradeskills was Rizlona for the PoP Signet earring. I didn't farm anything, I paid people to get everything for me, and just on combines alone I would never tradeskill again. It's a fucking nightmare.

Brael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Probably not for another 2-3 weeks

View attachment 522598
Am I misremembering or have they edited the original April Producer letters afterwards? Both the 2022 April Producer Letter and 2023 Producer Letter give us information on the servers before the individual server announcement post where more specific details were indicated. I thought they just went "random server" "evolving server" in the April Letters. Those posts:

Were made in the first week of April on the 7th and 5th respectively. So we should hear something in the next few days is my guess. Obviously, this doesn't apply to the older ones as they didn't do April letters before 2022 but since JChan took over they seem to be doing them.

Either way, I think you're correct we will know for sure in the next couple of weeks unless they pull a Yelinak and screw us again with the wait.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I assume he was made smaller for the purposes of fulfilling his curse, or perhaps he “grows back” and never has time (in lore) to fully regrow before being slain in the Halls of Testing again.

The reason I think it’s his real form is because that dragon model has a pretty unique stance and Kerafyrm has the same stance. It’s like low to the ground, feet far apart, long neck that curls to the side, whereas most dragons stand upright Lady Vox style.

View attachment 522510
View attachment 522511
As for the mother, no idea. I assume she died since we don’t see evidence of a similar punishment for her. I’m supposed to have Tony Garcia on the podcast soon so I’ll def ask about the mother of Kerafyrm.

Now that I think of it, Aaryonar, Dozekar, Sontalak and Kerafyrm are all just a retextured version of the Trakanon model. Minor changes but yeah the body and neck seem to be the same.

I always really liked this particular dragon model. It's wirey and creepy, perfect for somebody like Trakanon or Zlandicar.

And yeah all of the "major" dragons in Kunark/Velious have this model except Phara Dar.

Later in SoD you go back in time and see Trakanon in his original form and he's upright, I think a blue dragon. Then again at that point they were kinda standardizing all the new dragons to use the Vishimtar model (with different colors) so it might not mean much that Trak looked different.

There's also the lower to the ground dragon model they use for Kerafyrn 2.0 and Big Bynn, then later there's a new one in RoS that's like a land plesiasaur, then in the Velious remake there's yet another new one that is probably their best dragon model to date, kinda captures the spirit of the Trak model while modernizing it.

IIRC Big Bynn existed in the beta of the game and I think Trakanon might have shown up at some point too? Curious what models they had at that point. BB was probably the Xanamech model.

Should be getting the producers letter this week which will outline the two rulesets. Typically has been a Friday in the past on the first week of April.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Should be getting the producers letter this week which will outline the two rulesets. Typically has been a Friday in the past on the first week of April.
Its been on a weds and a thurs the past 2 years. Wouldnt say that is typically friday.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
It will be a Monday so they have to read the fucking whining about the rule sets for 5 days after the announcement. Then they change it to something that no one wants, and have a good laugh.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Am I misremembering or have they edited the original April Producer letters afterwards? Both the 2022 April Producer Letter and 2023 Producer Letter give us information on the servers before the individual server announcement post where more specific details were indicated. I thought they just went "random server" "evolving server" in the April Letters. Those posts:

Were made in the first week of April on the 7th and 5th respectively. So we should hear something in the next few days is my guess. Obviously, this doesn't apply to the older ones as they didn't do April letters before 2022 but since JChan took over they seem to be doing them.

Either way, I think you're correct we will know for sure in the next couple of weeks unless they pull a Yelinak and screw us again with the wait.

Probably a 1/100 shot but are you the similar-named iksar SK from 2000 Karana (Terris-Thule maybe)? Guy stood up for me a lot when I was a dumb kid making dumb kid mistakes.

The only time I ever did tradeskills was Rizlona for the PoP Signet earring. I didn't farm anything, I paid people to get everything for me, and just on combines alone I would never tradeskill again. It's a fucking nightmare.

Oh yeah, the PoP signet. That's just one of 3 multi-part tradeskill quests required to even start the Artisan's Prize, so I probably did it during my AP push that ran me off.

For anyone interested in punishing themselves, the big trades kill quests go like this:

-Shawl 1.0 (Velious)
-Earring of Nature (Luclin)
-Aid Grimel Signet (PoP)
-Eron's Jewelry (SoF)
-Shawl 2.0 (Underfoot)
-Shawl 3.0 (Rain of Fear)
-Artisan's Prize (Unsure when it goes active, 105+ expansion)

The 3 Shawls are independent from the rest, but have to be done in order. The 2.0 and 3.0 are really good augments that are top of the line for several expansions afterwards.

The other 3 quests are prereqs for Artisan's Prize, which is almost like a Shawl 4.0 augment but it has ridiculous stats that are BIS forever as far as I know. A bunch of people in OGC had it maxed out. I did take a swing at it, but nope.

These quests can be fun (basically all scavenger hunts of various sizes). AP needs as much farming as the rest combined. The problem is the actual tradeskilling and how not fun it is. By the time you get to the AP you basically need a book to keep track of everything.

Alaran Stone Tear is another quest I can't believe how much time I wasted on. Not a tradeskill quest, just a "kill foes of one particular type in the latest expansion around 4000 times" situation. The expansion after it gives you a way to speed up the process by about 2x at least. It's also not worth it.

When it comes down to it, BIC in GoD is the best high-effort super augment quest they ever did and the main one I'd recommend anyone do. It really digs into the GoD lore and the reward is BIS for a long time and competitive after that. Can't even remember when I finally replaced it. Probably like Underfoot. If one does the BIC, just make sure you get the Inktuta drop in-era.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who learns what is involved in leveling the artisan's prize and chooses to max it out deserves all the punishment they receive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just heard back and all I can say is stand ready this week.