EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Needless

Toe Sucker
Can someone explain mischief ruleset? I get that stuff is randomized by how exactly? Where is the randomization coming from? Same tier / strength of mob? Same zone difficultly or same zone itself? How is randomization done?

it's basically a level range of rare mobs, or raid mobs from the same era/expansion. I don't know the exact level range but an example from the original launch:

Kill the dwarf in Unrest, he can drop a guise of the deciever. both mobs are classic era and level 35.

Pretty sure zaide or somebody had spreadsheets somewhere on the original launch but i have no idea where those went

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Does "relaxed truebox" mean truebox until GoD, basically? If so, fuck this server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone know where I can download the titanium version without worry about my pixels getting hacked? I need some of the assets from the game for a project. Searching old P99 stuff was getting dead links.

• 1Mother of God

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
it's basically a level range of rare mobs, or raid mobs from the same era/expansion. I don't know the exact level range but an example from the original launch:

Kill the dwarf in Unrest, he can drop a guise of the deciever. both mobs are classic era and level 35.

Pretty sure zaide or somebody had spreadsheets somewhere on the original launch but i have no idea where those went

and everything is free trade correct? tradable?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just box anyway. Everyone else does.
I don't really feel like busting out the laptops again. That setup is kind of a PITA. And I'm not autistic enough to figure out all the workarounds the Russian, Chinese, and degen botters use.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am excited for it, the good thing about Mischief is it can’t really go wrong. I feel bad for Tormax though, that shit is DOA.

Kunark launch will be fun, I am excited to see all the people do dumb leveling routes.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am excited for it, the good thing about Mischief is it can’t really go wrong. I feel bad for Tormax though, that shit is DOA.

Kunark launch will be fun, I am excited to see all the people do dumb leveling routes.

Can't wait to kill the OoT dragon every day again like on Mischief...

• 1Barf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Kunark start is at least something positive. Wish they would at least merge Ykesha with PoP initial launch and then DoN few weeks after so that the PoP to Gates window isn't so long.

I'll probably fart around on Teek till I get bored. Always like the initial fresh start rush. Never did Mischief and don't know if I will like the random loot. Probably could make mad Pizza money though since free trade.
Ykesha has been merged with PoP for many TLPs now.

DickTrickle

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
fuck I was down to 2 box but I hate using a laptop on my desk. Ugh.

why is the point of this rule? Why is it cooler for guys to 6 box on shitty laptop rigs than just let me have one game on each monitor. The shitty RLM bots never get banned and just farm anyways, why threaten normal folk who just want to give money to a shitty company for a 26th year so I can be a drunk old fart slow leveling

I know people say “just do it anyways” but I’m a fucking Walter Sobchek about Rules. This isn’t fucking Nam. We have rules that must be followed.

• 1Pathetic

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rules are only rules if everyone follows them.

Pirates Of The Caribbean Code GIF by Brian Benns

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

They should have released Tormax in Febuary, then Teek and its overflow server in May.

Tormax is going to be a hard sell unless they dont make a Teek overflow server and random people give up to play on Tormax...

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This just seems a little deflating for a 25th Anniversary to me. At least the EQ2 announcement felt like they really put some time and thought into by attempting to bring everything to a separate code base and learn toward the side of nostalgia. The EQ announcement just seems a little lazy to me. I would have been fine if it would have been one of these servers and then some completely different for the 25th. Maybe their resources are allocated elsewhere but doesn't seem exciting to me at all. Truly hope you guys are looking forward to it though. Maybe I'm in the minority on this one.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
So they are just copying 2 servers that already exist? No adjustments to Rotation speed, XP speed or loot amount?

How lazy of them. /shrug

They could have gone for something different. Mercs Available from day 1, All races can play any class , no limitation to items(Anybody can use anything)....something...

A kunark start is something new, but I was hoping for them to try something else too.

I still think doubling the spawn rate in most earlyish zones would be fun.

We've been expecting this since the JChan hint a month or more ago about bringing back popular rulesets, not sure why people were still expecting something different.

Mischief has been pretty much the only "experimental" ruleset that can be considered a great success so repeating it a few years later was an easy win.

Something like this?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you listen to any podcasts featuring past developers and programmers it's very clear the everquest code can only have one modification per year. IE personas, or tradeskill bank. Attempting to fork the code like wow or eq 2 would take years and 10s of millions of dollars. Until AI can do HVAC, it's the same old.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

DickTrickle

Magelo is great for seeing what mobs can drop a given item as they have a tab for random loot drops, though that might be gated by their Premium subscription now.