EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Ryoz

<Donor>
Magelo is great for seeing what mobs can drop a given item as they have a tab for random loot drops, though that might be gated by their Premium subscription now.
I liked that it also showed the location of the npc on the map.

Ryoz

<Donor>
It's a safe choice... Mischief was great. Wish Tormax was something a lil more wild and crazy, but maybe all the bot armies will go there? Don't need the same shit we saw on Oakwynd.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's a safe choice... Mischief was great. Wish Tormax was something a lil more wild and crazy, but maybe all the bot armies will go there? Don't need the same shit we saw on Oakwynd.
The bot armies go where the people are. It will be worse than Oakwynd, I imagine. Certainly no reason to think it will be better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Hi.

They want to recapture the magic of aradune. Aradune saw massive numbers and those were likely also way heavier skewed non-boxes and I would guess better than normal per account for stuff like bags.

I dont know how they don't understand that aradune was not a success due to its ruleset. Maybe its just one stubborn dev that cant be overruled?
Right? How have they not put it together that Aradune was so popular because it was released in the heart of pandemic lockdown? It's like they can't zoom out!

The 1-60 grind is gonna be real hard-core, yeah. Only had to do that once before, on Selo, and that was with both Velious/Luclin unlocked and I think we had an EXP bonus that weekend as well.

Here, no Velks, no Grieg, no Acrylia, etc etc. Chardok and Seb are gonna be people's options and 55-60 will be extremely slow for people who aren't in the first wave / top echelon of levelers and have Kennels, Juggs, etc uncontested. Wasn't kidding about it being time to re-up the Adderall.

Sup.

Tormax being "Teek without truebox" is a good idea and would function for both giving us an overflow server and saving the server from uselessness. It might then in turn render the Teek server somewhat of a lame duck though, except maybe for people who want a quieter atmosphere.

That and making Tormax PVP are probably thr only real viable solutions for saving it.

Personally I hope they just make it a no-truebox Teek clone because Tormax is so much badder-ass of a name and it'd be rad if it allowed boxing and we all gravitated there instead.
Here's a couple threads you can post in to request it. There's definitely precedent for them tweaking rulesets if people make enough of a fuss.

This appears to be the general feedback thread. They consolidated a couple threads into it earlier:

A thread about removing truebox from Tormax:
Should Tormax be a boxing server? | EverQuest Forums

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I'm glad they went with a straight up Mischief clone, most of their experiments have been flops and fallen short of what was promised, typically due to poor support.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I would seriously play Tormax over Teek if they removed truebox or at least relaxed it. Relaxed/No Truebox from day 1 is all I want from TLPs anymore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would seriously play Tormax over Teek if they removed truebox or at least relaxed it. Relaxed/No Truebox from day 1 is all I want from TLPs anymore.

It would actually also fit with the aradune idea, in a roundabout way. Aradune released next to a non truebox server that also gave tacit permission to passive-only hack. This meant a lot of players were able to just box there and do their own thing while the mass boxers on aradune were just rmter types, who go where the demand is.

Having tormax be a boxing allowed offset could have a similar impact, where it allows the bigger boxers and non-rmt mqers to just go elsewhere and leave the true mischief clone alone.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
It should be a Rizlona clone instead of an Aradune clone. People always talk about how boxing servers have these toxic cheaters etc etc etc, but I have never played on a more friendly and chill server than Rizlona.

95% of the time mass boxers and non boxers got along just fine. Not to mention the boxing community on Rizlona was, in general, super nice and helpful to one another.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It should be a Rizlona clone instead of an Aradune clone. People always talk about how boxing servers have these toxic cheaters etc etc etc, but I have never played on a more friendly and chill server than Rizlona.

95% of the time mass boxers and non boxers got along just fine. Not to mention the boxing community on Rizlona was, in general, super nice and helpful to one another.
Yes, because toxic botters, cheaters, etc. DEFINTELY don't exist on truebox servers.

The TLP community is so out of touch and delusional, I swear.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
How fast will teek xp be? Agnarr fast?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I wasn't referring to truebox servers at all. I don't play on them and have 0 interest in them. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.
He's saying the people complaining about cheating on box friendly servers are morons. Cheating happens on all servers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
At this rate they're going to have to do *something* to Tormax. As is the server's just so unanimously toast that they're going to have to acknowledge it.
The number of easy wins DPG passes up every year is astounding. If they ignore an unpopular server that would be popular with some small rule changes, it'd be very inline with previous actions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Kunark start with Mischief ruleset and personas enabled.... fuck. I'm in boys. Damn it!

Pharone the Bard main with a persona of all other classes incoming. Zaide Zaide are you creating a guild this time?