EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't make much sense to me. 2 identical servers but one of them has a much better loot system.

Oh well. Looking forward to Teek. Should be fun to play some EQ again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I never played Mischief. Can't really get behind the idea of Random Loot and Free Trade. Feels like it just isn't Everquest anymore (to me).

I would LOVE for them to just throw PvP on the Tormax server. Since it will be DoA compared to Mischief clone anyway.... give us PvP'rs our server finally.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they were only going to do two copycat servers I'd rather they just announced Mischief 2 and then saved the second for a possible overflow.

• 1Truth!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I never played Mischief. Can't really get behind the idea of Random Loot and Free Trade. Feels like it just isn't Everquest anymore (to me).

I would LOVE for them to just throw PvP on the Tormax server. Since it will be DoA compared to Mischief clone anyway.... give us PvP'rs our server finally.
They tried it once. Failed so hard they had to just shut it down. Unlikely they will ever do that again.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Again Daybreak fumbles the ball. If they wanted a true Aradune clone all they had to do was kill one of the more prominent devs and then unleash a virus that would cause a world-wide pandemic.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I forgot I made these apparently 5 years ago for our guild BoTB. Enjoy:

• 6Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users
(I never played Mischief or Free Trade)...

I have read often that Mischief is easy gearing since loot pinatas and free trade keeps item in the ecosystem... My question is... what motivates you to keep progressing your character on a server like that? Is it just to gamble kill rares for loot to sell for Krono? Generally curious how a server like that is fun for an old school MMO audience. What is the carrot to chase?

Not even going to try to discuss the pay2win element of free trade... obvious enough.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Same as it always was. Hanging out talking shit with your bros while auto attacking a big blocky dragon. EQ does a good job of providing a place to hang out for large scale group content while staying out of the way enough that you're freed up to bullshit in voice chat or /gu.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
(I never played Mischief or Free Trade)...

I have read often that Mischief is easy gearing since loot pinatas and free trade keeps item in the ecosystem... My question is... what motivates you to keep progressing your character on a server like that? Is it just to gamble kill rares for loot to sell for Krono? Generally curious how a server like that is fun for an old school MMO audience. What is the carrot to chase?

Not even going to try to discuss the pay2win element of free trade... obvious enough.
It's not like you're BiS instantaneously. On a normal raid schedule, you still probably need most of the expansion timeline if you're not trading or doing side raids. So, same carrot to chase as always.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Free trade really improves the game in my opinion, more so in classic honestly, when theres very little good gear outside of the planes. A lot of stuff that's just hammered dog shit by the time you can get it, is actually useful for lower level players.

The random loot puts a lot of items in play that people just won't farm because who is really going to go farm runny eye?

Most camps are worth camping on a random loot server, besides only the 1 or 2 mobs in an entire dungeon. You also can't lock people out of content like efreeti because there's now so many other spots.

Raid content is even better for small guilds to get gear that they might only see once or twice because only 1 dragon dropped it, now plenty of others can get chase items.

You still have to put in the work, it's just a bit more open to more people.

The added excitement of wondering what any one mob is going to drop takes a lot of downside out of farming content that normally nobody would give a shit about because you would normally only want to farm say, the avatar of war but still have to slog through ntov for everyone else in the guild. Everything is worth doing.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Free trade really improves the game in my opinion, more so in classic honestly, when theres very little good gear outside of the planes. A lot of stuff that's just hammered dog shit by the time you can get it, is actually useful for lower level players.

The random loot puts a lot of items in play that people just won't farm because who is really going to go farm runny eye?

Most camps are worth camping on a random loot server, besides only the 1 or 2 mobs in an entire dungeon. You also can't lock people out of content like efreeti because there's now so many other spots.

Raid content is even better for small guilds to get gear that they might only see once or twice because only 1 dragon dropped it, now plenty of others can get chase items.

You still have to put in the work, it's just a bit more open to more people.

The added excitement of wondering what any one mob is going to drop takes a lot of downside out of farming content that normally nobody would give a shit about because you would normally only want to farm say, the avatar of war but still have to slog through ntov for everyone else in the guild. Everything is worth doing.
Yep, "everything is worth doing" is exactly what made the server so great. I explored so much more of the game and tried things I never would have otherwise.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

How do most the guilds deal with loot on that style of server? DKP still with no restrictions of main / alt / greed krono sale?
There were normal DKP style guilds as well as GDKP guilds and both were successful. I think as long as the rules are clear, communicated, and enforced it really doesn't become a problem.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Again Daybreak fumbles the ball. If they wanted a true Aradune clone all they had to do was kill one of the more prominent devs and then unleash a virus that would cause a world-wide pandemic.

Sadly Daybreak is a mere game company, not Dr Fauci and the taxpayer-funded NIH.

Maybe they know the bird flu pandemic is going to cause lockdown 2.0? Just saying.

Probably so they can get Biden elected again through that mail in fraud. Worked once - would work again. Long as people are fed and entertained they ain't gonna do shit about it.

• 1Solidarity

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Heard "horror" stories from the early GDKP guilds where they didn't really restrict who could bid on what so whales would snap up most of the gear to resell. By the time I joined the main GDKP guild on Mischief it had gone through a few iterations and was known as Treasures and was a bit more restrictive of who could bid on what for the first few weeks of an expac, was good times.