EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>

tldw there was a plat dupe and it affected Mischief to a degree such that some individuals were barred from bidding on items with plat
Fucking Suineg and Zaide Zaide throwing shade at the forum. Talk about shitting where you eat.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Have they mentioned anything at all regarding rampant MQ/automation on these new servers? Do they have any kind of actual plan to deal with the level of automation that has come to the game in the last ~5 years?

'Truebox' is a complete lie and does nothing but make boomer Dan buy a 200$ laptop to play his cleric on. Meanwhile there's dozens of fully automated 6+ box crews teleporting around every dungeon/running their own raid DZs 24/7.

I really, really urge you nerds to temper your expectations here, because unless they pull a fuckin hail mary and actually provide meaningful GM enforcement y'all are gonna be in for a real rough time.
No. The entire topic is basically forbidden from being talked about on the forum. They never have addressed it outside of some vague "anti-cheat work continues" or something like that. Head in the sand, willfully or incompetently.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I think everyone at this point that has played a TLP in the last few years knows exactly what they are getting into and just doesn't care anymore.

Yeah they aren't doing shit about it and probably won't, too much money is tied up in bot farmer/PL crews from both the supply and demand side. It's part of the game now but can be played around mostly.

You can just join a dz guild, show up to raids and be BiS and the few groupable/soloable clickies that you might want will be farmed into oblivious and will be cheap.

Of course it will be a culture shock for the inevitable dozens of people that haven't played for 20 years and choose this server to make a comeback. And they'll be whining on the forums and in Discord.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you want to stop the botters and rmters, you have to ban the people who cause them to exist, the buyers. There is going to be a pretty clear overlap between people who dump money on third party krono, pls, and gear, and people who purchase a lot of shit off the dbg store. Everquest is well past the point where they'd consider dumping their highest paying customers - they aren't even willing to perma active hackers.

Figure out how to enjoy the game despite fuckloads of hackers and rmters and the piles of shit they add to the market, or you'll just end up mad all the time.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Making MQ2 work on TLP is trivial as fuck. I love how Suineg goes into how he was creating some elaborate scripts to automate as if that shit isn’t readily available and easily modified to fit your needs.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
If you want to stop the botters and rmters, you have to ban the people who cause them to exist, the buyers. There is going to be a pretty clear overlap between people who dump money on third party krono, pls, and gear, and people who purchase a lot of shit off the dbg store. Everquest is well past the point where they'd consider dumping their highest paying customers - they aren't even willing to perma active hackers.

Figure out how to enjoy the game despite fuckloads of hackers and rmters and the piles of shit they add to the market, or you'll just end up mad all the time.
Prosecute the John’s not the prostitutes

Xevy

Log Wizard
At least as of Mangler bot armies were whatever. They ran their shit and sold loot rights, but didn't stand a chance against OW targets (they did try though). We had probably 3-4 bot armies but none of them were warpers or anything. Far taunters probably, but not warping to the bosses before anyone could get there or anything and it was mostly irrelevant.

On a free trade server I can't imagine they do anything but drive prices of items down for real humans which is good for normies and bad for grinders.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
On a free trade server I can't imagine they do anything but drive prices of items down for real humans which is good for normies and bad for grinders.

Pretty much, anything that is BiS and somewhat rare will be worth a bunch of krono, 2nd BiS worth considerably less and everything else is peanuts.

Even broke casuals are rolling around fully raid geared, it just might be the previous expac or the 3rd best item for that slot at that time.

Daidraco

Making MQ2 work on TLP is trivial as fuck. I love how Suineg goes into how he was creating some elaborate scripts to automate as if that shit isn’t readily available and easily modified to fit your needs.
Shits super obvious when you're familiar with it yourself. I always liked hearing people say shit like "oh, I just use it to help me box. I never use any of the other stuff." Like yea, Ok. Sure. Whatever you say, pal. But really, a lot of this Show EQ and MQ shit is hyperbolic at best. If you suck at the game, you still suck with MQ. Except now, you can get back to your corpse faster.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>

They don't need enhanced technology or even to go after the buyers. They could have one GM pick hop through SG on the two relevant TLPs during Velious. The fact that they don't proves they actually don't give a shit.

The game isn't that big that they can't find the obvious botters and need some kind of super high tech detection system. At this point, MQ2 is as good as sanctioned.

• 1Like

yerm

They don't need enhanced technology or even to go after the buyers. They could have one GM pick hop through SG on the two relevant TLPs during Velious. The fact that they don't proves they actually don't give a shit.

The game isn't that big that they can't find the obvious botters and need some kind of super high tech detection system. At this point, MQ2 is as good as sanctioned.

They exist because people buy from them. If you still have tons of people who want to rmt, new bots or more evasive replacements will show up. If you want to stop rmt you have to hit the funding. They wont.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They exist because people buy from them. If you still have tons of people who want to rmt, new bots or more evasive replacements will show up. If you want to stop rmt you have to hit the funding. They wont.

Sure fine but they don't ban the bot crews and they could totally do that. Those crews are in the same spots every server. They get petitioned by people all the time. People record video. Almost nothing ever happens.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Back in the early days the purist nerds scoffed and looked down upon people that bought twink gear or power levels, those guys were rightfully bullycided at the time.

But they may have been right it's gotten completely out of hand now where there seems to be more people buying shit from the botters than earning it themselves.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the idea of having to combat it at the buyer level is all well and good, but totally unnecessary.

Just wait until you guys see what sebilis looks like a few days in. Every pickzone will have full AE bot crews pulling the entire pick at once before hopping to a new one 24/7. Krono will hit 50k in like 2 weeks with the rates that they can farm plat in there, to say nothing of the people paying them for PL.

I dunno if none of you bothered with Oakwynd or what, but I'm telling you whatever level of farm crews/boxers/bots you think you saw on previous servers is not even in the same galaxy as what is about to happen.

A single person at Daybreak could lop off 90% of it with just a few hours work per week, but I suspect the financial reality of the game currently is that they literally can't lest they risk their own employment.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yea the idea of having to combat it at the buyer level is all well and good, but totally unnecessary.

Just wait until you guys see what sebilis looks like a few days in. Every pickzone will have full AE bot crews pulling the entire pick at once before hopping to a new one 24/7. Krono will hit 50k in like 2 weeks with the rates that they can farm plat in there, to say nothing of the people paying them for PL.

I dunno if none of you bothered with Oakwynd or what, but I'm telling you whatever level of farm crews/boxers/bots you think you saw on previous servers is not even in the same galaxy as what is about to happen.

A single person at Daybreak could lop off 90% of it with just a few hours work per week, but I suspect the financial reality of the game currently is that they literally can't lest they risk their own employment.
The people who directly buy kronos and xp pots are the ones keeping them in business, so they would be risking everyone's employment if they started fucking with that.

Daidraco

Just wait until you guys see what sebilis looks like a few days in. Every pickzone will have full AE bot crews pulling the entire pick at once before hopping to a new one 24/7. Krono will hit 50k in like 2 weeks with the rates that they can farm plat in there, to say nothing of the people paying them for PL
This... this just sounds awful! Can you tell us how they do it?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This... this just sounds awful! Can you tell us how they do it?

You need to be able to run 3-4 enchanter boxes now after their nerfed their AE stun, but otherwise its the same old AE plan just at industrial scale.

Can't wait for you guys to see the merchants in freeport tunnel and fironia that have 5000 jaundiced bone helms vendored to them a week in to the server.

Daidraco

You need to be able to run 3-4 enchanter boxes now after their nerfed their AE stun, but otherwise its the same old AE plan just at industrial scale.

Can't wait for you guys to see the merchants in freeport tunnel and fironia that have 5000 jaundiced bone helms vendored to them a week in to the server.
Ronne, Im only pulling your leg. Power Leveling groups arent new, nor did they play fair at any time before. The markets being flooded with low tier dungeon loot is hardly a concern. I'd rather a Warrior have two yaks and an FBSS so they can keep fucking aggro, for example. Instead of the old, dangle it in front of the Warrior and they either need to pay, reroll, or quit - riveting gameplay there. PL'ers can swap picks as much as they want, but your standard groups will still have dominion over the mobs in their general area.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Oakwynd had legacy exp, an exp bonus per max level character, which created a persistent demand for PLing. Teek might not have that same kind of market thus won't see the same level of AE box farm PLing. Unfortunately Oakwynd was so aggressive terms of those practices (and raiding with your own box army) that I don't expect it to even slow down. All those people, of which there were many, are going to show up on the new servers with even more people copying what they saw last time around. That server was just this big step forward in those practices.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of you need to stop being so dramatic.

Mischief was and is the best server ruleset ever made and every tlp reveal since mischief was a complete letdown because it wasn't mischief.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users