EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Man I heard some good news today. I hope it’s legit.
bored waiting GIF

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't that last try at an upgraded anti cheat, make the in game performance horible? Or am I remembering wrong?

Not that I expect any game developer to keep cheaters out of their game ever.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah some claim the horrendous lag early on Aradune was the result of them testing some kind of anti cheat, not sure if true or just a conspiracy theory.

The conspiracy theorists have been on a pretty good run of being right the last few years though.

Tlpman

Golden Squire
The first wave of anti-cheat is in. There is an automated system that boots and blocks people detected warping under certain circumstances.
Its already been busted in our testing. It was implemented so fucking lazy that cothing people directly under an agro mob will get them "blocked". Not to mention once you realize how its being detected the work around is literally effortless. This changes nothing sadly.

This team literally cannot do anything right.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1713504234915.png

Found this in my /claim window. What's it do? Believe it's one of the Vaniki raid achievement rewards.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Nope. Doesn't port you to any LDoN camps until LDoN is out, however if you choose one of the gates zones it will punt you to the evac/succor point of the zone you are in.

Works as a vendor too but has a 20 hour cooldown.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The first wave of anti-cheat is in. There is an automated system that boots and blocks people detected warping under certain circumstances.
Until I hear word of perma-bans, none of this shit really moves the needle for me.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Curious how folks that start at launch boxing feel about leveling the boxes. I'm considering going with a welfare warrior with druid box potentially. I'm super casual so not going to do a static.

Is it going to be a pain to keep the two grouped the whole way or can I build my own groups to victory easily enough? Only ever rolled boxed later
war+dru is pretty easy to fit into any group that has two slots and is easy to make a new group. You'll be fine.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They could just pay someone a pittance and pretty easily find the majority of warpers just by watching. Let the automated system flag and then have someone monitor and you could take care of 95% of the worst cases pretty much immediately.

• 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
They could just pay someone a pittance and pretty easily find the majority of warpers just by watching. Let the automated system flag and then have someone monitor and you could take care of 95% of the worst cases pretty much immediately.

'Sounds expensive, how about we spend nothing and hope for the best.' - Darkpaw Games

When A.I. is free and open source, we may see some monitoring.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
'Sounds expensive, how about we spend nothing and hope for the best.' - Darkpaw Games

When A.I. is free and open source, we may see some monitoring.
AI isn't some magical monolithic MacGuffin you can plug in anywhere and it just magically works, even if it was free and open source.

It would almost certainly take way more time, effort, and expense than hiring someone to follow people around.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The cheating was so flagrant on Oakwynd all you needed was one human, one eyeball and some proactive observation and you would have caught a ton of people.

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Krono accounts with no real cc trail or bag purchases have been banned for warping, but I believe "real" accounts they basically just chain 3 week suspend. Some people I know spent more time banned than not, but it was never permanent bans on their mains. They reserve those for true scumbag behavior like claiming lampposts.
This info is a little out of date. 3-4 years ago they did seem to be pretty reserved with real bannings, but now that I've been running a live guild since 2021 I see a lot more of the big picture.

EQ Live is a lot different than TLP--Live has a lot of interminable grinds (leveling up evolving items, farming a huge number of augs, AA, etc), and since most live players box, they end up doing these grinds on multiple characters. For this reason using MQ for automation is very, very common on live. Using it for old TLP hacks like warp / far taunt etc is much less common--there is little real reason to risk that on live, where raid content is all instanced, and all the group content is pretty easy to get a camp for, with liberal pickzone thresholds etc.

There have been a lot of players with regular, credit card subbed accounts who have been hit in the periodic banwaves that started around late 2021, and once your account gets tagged a few of those in a row you eventually get permabanned. About 75% of permabans I know of where people in my guild have lost characters get reversed if you email them promising not to do it again etc, but about 25% they won't ever budge on.