EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sheesh. I hope that Faceless cameo is bait. The plan is to get RI to respond with someone you merely...don't have to google. Then Faceless flies in off the top rope with Alec Baldwin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sheesh. I hope that Faceless cameo is bait. The plan is to get RI to respond with someone you merely...don't have to google. Then Faceless flies in off the top rope with Alec Baldwin.
If you can get him to hold a gun and say something that involves shooting a player for going against Faceless.......

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Nah, it is just a dumb person from the forums. Dude named Jeskola on the forums, Pheerie on Discord, joined our new guild Discord and proceeded to say really dumb stuff. Frankthebank actually made fun of him and he left the discord in tears, but against reasonable judgment we invited him back when he asked.

He then made a cameo which I think was billed at $5 (or $2), but because the no-name guy he hired didn't complete it within some time window, he got it for free, and posted it without consulting with any of us. He was kicked from our Discord over it.

My understanding is he historically has lurked around lots of TLP guilds pre-launch but never actually plays on TLPs and is just a generic EQ forum troll.

That being said the video has such a strong homeless dude wish.com energy that it was kind of hilarious in its cringe, but obviously not a quality bit of cameo trolling at all.

I've honestly been kind of against cameo trolling, which people want to do EVERY TLP now for the simple reason--it was funny on Selo because it hadn't been done before, both guilds put up some funny cameos. I have seen people try it on subsequent servers and it always just feels derivative. Repeating certain jokes too much totally kills the energy they had originally.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Repeating certain jokes too much totally kills the energy they had originally.
I wish this simple comment could be pinned to every single discord server.

So many raids the same people repeating the same dumb shit night after night. Find new material!

You have a captive audience. Stop doing callbacks to the same inside jokes that were funny once or twice and evolve!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
The cameo trolling feels inorganic because it comes across as someone being a douchebag. The Selos ones were funny because everyone could laugh at them. The people attempting to recreate that "magic" just don't understand that dynamic because they aren't connected to group of brain damaged people who always battle each other on the newest TLP every year. We all know the inside jokes and laugh about them, while these new age cameo purchasers are often people who think it's unironically serious business instead of just dumb bullshit on a 25 year old elf simulator.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't know how any of you take any of the competition drama seriously. I havent played tlps in a long time, but I've followed them over the years and nobody can compete with gigchad Zaide, and that's on many levels.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The cameo trolling feels inorganic because it comes across as someone being a douchebag. The Selos ones were funny because everyone could laugh at them. The people attempting to recreate that "magic" just don't understand that dynamic because they aren't connected to group of brain damaged people who always battle each other on the newest TLP every year. We all know the inside jokes and laugh about them, while these new age cameo purchasers are often people who think it's unironically serious business instead of just dumb bullshit on a 25 year old elf simulator.

Nobody is ever gonna top Ice T calling out "Grizfork".

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Ice T and Rapaport were weirdly motivated 5 years ago, I think a lot of the cameo celebs back then were a lil more enthusiastic. I saw a Rapaport cameo not too long ago that was super phoned in.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wouldnt have been so bad of a call back if the guy had just used someone at least recognizable. But its whatever.

On Vaniki right now - the warps are back. That "cheat detection" was short lived.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Nah, the antiwarp is still in, it is just weak af and anyone doing a bit of testing will figure out how to avoid it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Nah, the antiwarp is still in, it is just weak af and anyone doing a bit of testing will figure out how to avoid it.
Something incredibly dumb like don't warp 5 zones away because that's 4 consecutive warps lol? Probably have to leapfrog half way across a zone by warping to some random mob, then typing /zone to the adjacent zone, rinse repeating. Rather than just typing /zone rathemtn straight from commonlands.

Just a random guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is that useless.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Anyone who pretends EQ is anything but a cheat infested game missed the boat about 10 years ago, the company's own devs help guilds cheat on both TLP and live.

If you personally don't want to cheat, cool, I respect it. If you personally want to cheat, I can't really pretend I'm outraged when DPG has made that the rules of the game.