EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I imagine all that stuff is gone. It's way too hardcore. But even keyring invalidates most of it if it was still in. Dying and not being able to zone back in was literally fucking insane lol. If you raided with backup gear you'd still not be able to zone back in because the key would be on your corpse, which would also rot.

insanity.
We had a way to keep the key on a corpse seems like? I remember we always did all this at the greater fay spires. I used to hate that island.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Would VP have their drop table + 1 ?

like hoshkar has 2-3 items + a cobalt BP? That would make it werf?

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
My memories of Mischief VP were almost every fight was multiple weapon rots. Every now and then you’d see an azure robe and resellers would get excited. The ROI for time spent was just not worth it.

Really wish Teek was at least a luclin launch. I have zero interest in raiding anything classic/Kunark ever again so it’s an easy skip of the raid scene this time around.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My memories of Mischief VP were almost every fight was multiple weapon rots. Every now and then you’d see an azure robe and resellers would get excited. The ROI for time spent was just not worth it.

Really wish Teek was at least a luclin launch. I have zero interest in raiding anything classic/Kunark ever again so it’s an easy skip of the raid scene this time around.

1715094868298.png

It's an irresponsible amount of Kunark to foist on to people.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Would VP have their drop table + 1 ?

like hoshkar has 2-3 items + a cobalt BP? That would make it werf?
The way I recall how it works (I could be mistaken) is it repeatedly rolls from the loot table it belongs to until it reaches a termination state. So you can get more than two mobs worth of drops (rarely). However, you are in no way guaranteed to get the original mob's drops.

Edit: I believe the extra rolls are determined by the dead mob's point value and the point value of the mob which was rolled from. So, if the mob you killed was worth 1000 points and you got a drop table worth 500 points, you get another roll. If you get a drop table worth 1500 points, you don't. Something along those lines.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...sses-dropping-more-loot-than-intended.280473/ For an incomplete reference

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
We had a way to keep the key on a corpse seems like? I remember we always did all this at the greater fay spires. I used to hate that island.

edit: I remember now, you'd leave a corpse outside, zone in, leave 2 corpses inside, get res'd loot key, get res'd outside, leave key outside, get res'd inside. What a motherfucker that zone was.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I imagine all that stuff is gone. It's way too hardcore. But even keyring invalidates most of it if it was still in. Dying and not being able to zone back in was literally fucking insane lol. If you raided with backup gear you'd still not be able to zone back in because the key would be on your corpse, which would also rot.

insanity.

Hard for me to imagine a time when your epic and all your other stuff would rot if you died in Veeshan's Peak and there was no backup raid available to do recovery. It was like Plane of Fear on steroids. IIRC you couldn't gate or teleport out once you zoned in either (you could be rezzed out, though).

It really is insanity.

Then again, it puts the fear of God in you and makes places like Fear, VP, and NTOV feel truly menacing and forbidden in a way I'm not sure any other game pulled off before or since.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 527875

It's an irresponsible amount of Kunark to foist on to people.

Yeah I'm not sure what they're thinking here. At least single-character people won't have as much work to do to keep up.

The one thing I don't like about Teek is that the unlock cadence is a little too drawn-out. Also I'm surprised they still aren't consolidating expansions. LDON should be put with PoP (or GoD, since PoP already has LoY). Combine OoW+DoN (think they actually did do this one), DoDH+PoR, and TSS+TBS and you eliminate a lot of the dead space that causes server attrition. I feel like this has been pointed out thousands of times by people.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't understand why they're still maintaining 4 months of PoP (with one of them having LDoN) as the standard. It's just so fucking much of the same thing.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hard for me to imagine a time when your epic and all your other stuff would rot if you died in Veeshan's Peak and there was no backup raid available to do recovery. It was like Plane of Fear on steroids. IIRC you couldn't gate or teleport out once you zoned in either (you could be rezzed out, though).

It really is insanity.

Then again, it puts the fear of God in you and makes places like Fear, VP, and NTOV feel truly menacing and forbidden in a way I'm not sure any other game pulled off before or since.
Lol I completely forgot about also not being able to gate out. I think there's a zone out past the first 2 dragons if I recall correctly? It's literally been like 25 years though so I don't remember how we left before beating PD. We certainly did leave though because we were hard stuck for a long ass time on Hoshkar or maybe the silencing one, but I think we los'd that.

God, so the prep for every raid was like 5 fucking corpses minimum before you even started if you wanted to be on the safe side. And this was before Cleric epics. At least I have 0 memory of any existing in our raid.

Oh there were also racnars that had like a 60 sec respawn time. And these racnars FUCKED. I remember being so relieved to finally get to the Nexona area because you could finally have a breather and have a relatively safe spot that wasn't the back of a tunnel.

God... yea I'll skip VP. Even with modern EQ VP being way easier I might suffer some kind of severe PTSD that causes a stroke.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lol I completely forgot about also not being able to gate out. I think there's a zone out past the first 2 dragons if I recall correctly? It's literally been like 25 years though so I don't remember how we left before beating PD. We certainly did leave though because we were hard stuck for a long ass time on Hoshkar or maybe the silencing one, but I think we los'd that.

God, so the prep for every raid was like 5 fucking corpses minimum before you even started if you wanted to be on the safe side. And this was before Cleric epics. At least I have 0 memory of any existing in our raid.

Oh there were also racnars that had like a 60 sec respawn time. And these racnars FUCKED. I remember being so relieved to finally get to the Nexona area because you could finally have a breather and have a relatively safe spot that wasn't the back of a tunnel.

God... yea I'll skip VP. Even with modern EQ VP being way easier I might suffer some kind of severe PTSD that causes a stroke.

Not gonna lie, all of this sounds AWESOME.

I imagine VP now is a pale shadow of a shadow of what it was then though. Still gonna be cool to finally see it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

I vaguely remember this stuff. It was a lot of fun back then. Not sure how I would feel trying to do it now. Thankfully being on graves means I have almost 0 chance of raiding.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Not gonna lie, all of this sounds AWESOME.

I imagine VP now is a pale shadow of a shadow of what it was then though. Still gonna be cool to finally see it.
It was partially awesome if you were a kid like I was. But even I remember being exhausted by that shit. You're not actually gaming for most of it, you're just waiting for your clerics to med, necros fervently giving them mana. 90% of the fun (for me at least) was the exclusivity and eliteness of it. That shit is really cool when you're 13 and your friends are in shitter guilds and they see your name with veeshan's peak zone tag next to it when they /w all friends.

It was like 1 minute of fighting dragons for every 99 minutes of sitting around doing homework or jerking off to the halfling feet sitting in front of you.

• 2Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
On the Luclin server back in the day the head of the local uber guild was messing around with a chick in the guild who happened to be the girlfriend of the head GM for the server.

GM got mad and summoned/bound Neku right at Phara Dar's feet when you couldn't gate out of good old VP.

Poor Neku stuck in a deathloop.

Edit: GM Leycrow. Pretty sure he got fired for that stunt.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf