EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Xevy

Log Wizard
It can make the upgrading feel worse as you will have some slots you'll go 1/2 a year without upgrading, or more, but for some people that may be a blessing. That FT won't even matter when GOD hits and you get OOC regen.

Overall it probably ends up being something like +20% hp for Kunark and 10% for Velious and like 3% for Luclin. Seems fine.

TheRealmOnline

Golden Squire
Bard main!
Haha. You can tell those who never played bard to it's true power. There is a reason I hoard DKP every TLP to get VT neck asap as a bard main. Charm kiting is the only power bard has before bellow takes over. Bard without mana is just a afk melody box with the exception of lull pulling and mez juggling.

+4 mana Regen on bard literally is game changing for how a bard is played solo and group settings pre-VT neck.

But lets not pretend EQ isn't already bastardized from its original form. The healing potions are comically overpowered. If people want to complain, complain about those.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Haha. You can tell those who never played bard to it's true power. There is a reason I horses DKP every TLP to get VT neck asap as a bard main. Charm kiting is the only power bard has before bellow takes over. Bard without mana is just a afk melody box with the exception of lull pulling and mez juggling.

+4 mana Regen on bard literally is game changing for how a bard is played solo and group settings pre-VT neck.

But lets not pretend EQ isn't already bastardized from its original form. The healing potions are comically overpowered. If people want to complain, complain about those.
I don't really understand why mana regen would be game breaking for bard in group setting. Are you charm kiting in group? on TLP you can just train your group 24/7 due to power inflation.

If you're thinking of soloing, then you're just wasting your time on TLPs.

I guess mana regen gives you some extra dps for dirge in raid setting? The amount of dps per point of mana regen is going to be minimal though.

I played bard on oakwynd among other classes, and I never thought the AHR neck or mana regen in general for fading memory/dirge was really useful. I used rod mostly and that was enough, but I guess oakwynd had FTE pulling. Anyway most of the time you can just train stuff and it didnt matter.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
One of the smaller consequences of cheating or playing with people that are habitual cheaters is that after a while it becomes the default lens to view events. If the dude was pre-bound in the proper location than all he needed to do was pick over and pop a Vial of Swirling Smoke and he'd be there instantly. Did he cheat? Given the climate on Oakwyn it's more likely he cheated than he didn't cheat but he didn't have to cheat to accomplish the same thing. Jacking long respawn quest mobs (or VP key pieces before the ground shit got changed) spawned from fresh pickzones is certainly dickish in its own right but that's just how it goes. It's hard to tell from the clip but it looks like someone from RI is too slow to do the turn in but still fast enough to get aggro first and thus the Oakwynd FTE lock? The Angry turn in guy spawns aggressive doesn't he? Getting that tag post turn in is speedy. Slower loading on the pick explains things as well as blowing an expensive consumable. Gate's five seconds. If the other guy warped there that's more than enough time to turn in plus get aggro and stop that ridiculous kite from ever happening.

The more interesting part of the story is that RI was willing to spend a half hour fighting over it, make a video of the whole thing and get like 15 people a vacation for engaging in an activity they 100% knew was directly against the rules - fucking with a turn-in mob so long it goes FFA and jacking the quest loot.
Who got a vacation for that? lol

TheRealmOnline

Golden Squire
I don't really understand why mana regen would be game breaking for bard in group setting. Are you charm kiting in group? on TLP you can just train your group 24/7 due to power inflation.

If you're thinking of soloing, then you're just wasting your time on TLPs.

I guess mana regen gives you some extra dps for dirge in raid setting? The amount of dps per point of mana regen is going to be minimal though.

I played bard on oakwynd among other classes, and I never thought the AHR neck or mana regen in general for fading memory/dirge was really useful. I used rod mostly and that was enough, but I guess oakwynd had FTE pulling. Anyway most of the time you can just train stuff and it didnt matter.

Bard dungeon delving solo using lull and charm and mez is peek EQ. And I am not saying it's game breaking at all. In fact I was going to actually not play a bard main for the first time on Teek and now I'm struggling with it because I know how much different bard plays with +4 mana ticks pre luclin .

But yes for groups you can mass pull pulse mez one charm one and merc the third before pulse mez fades. It just allows bard to do bard things when you have the mana to charm and lock up two mobs in combat with each other.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
FT 4 basically doubles how often a Bard can charm iirc. I mained Bard to its maximum potential up to mid PoP and it was absolutely a big deal. But I dunno maybe modern tlps have changed everything so much it doesnt matter.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's nowhere at 60 or 65 that charm kiting is better than being in a good group. At 60, the max charm level is 51. At 65, the max level you can charm is 57. If you're using charm in a group at 60 or 65, you're xping in a shit zone/area and your group sucks.

The only time charm is good in the typical TLP era is in classic when you can charm up to 51.

TheRealmOnline

Golden Squire
Xping in a group is 1% of EverQuest.

Solo bard can snipe so many rares by throwing charmed mobs at rares. Chardok, Seb, HS, KC, guk, Velks etc... sure there are pockets of areas that mobs are out of the level range like SG and deeper dungeons.

No one can delve solo into hard content as much as a bard can due to all the tools they have. And if they get into trouble, simply cast origin while running at selo speed or any other form of gate spell clicky or potion.

Most Bards won't notice 4 mana tick meaning anything, but the chad Bards know how much it matters if trying to do anything solo or small man and not 6 boxing your own army. Sometimes you don't want to burden 5 other people to go do something.

Also... Mephit caves in PoN is prime bard charm kiting and I pull more AA per hour there solo than the majority of groups. Plus all those gems and parchments go in my pocket.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Also... Mephit caves in PoN is prime bard charm kiting and I pull more AA per hour there solo than the majority of groups. Plus all those gems and parchments go in my pocket.
Nah, man.

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Brah it's TLPs, everyone is in fire with double charmed pet doing 10x the xp you're doing in PoN caves lol.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's literally 0 situation where soloing beats out a decent+ group. Literally 0. The time to kill even with a charmed pet is not even close to a full group, especially with a 6 man getting a bonus to exp for the 6th, not a penalty. The soloing shit is some no-friender/p99/work from homer stuff that is absolutely a smooth brain trap.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If 1% of eq is spent in a group, you aren't playing the same game that the rest of us are.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TheRealmOnline

Golden Squire
XP group speed versus rare hunting are two different things. Pick hopping and delving across the dungeon taking out rares is a different style than parking in a camp. Obviously group XP is better. But proper charm swarm kiting is not simply one charmed mob against a normal mob. 1v8 drop charm at 10% etc... it ain't chump XP.

The tower items just allows that style of gameplay to occur more often than historically classic - velious. And it is a big + to Bards is my only point.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's pointless to care about this shit anymore. I used to care about it 10 tlps ago but we're so far gone that it's better if you just don't give a fuck and just go with it. Thankfully we have P99 and for now we also have Quarm so we have the museum there for when we need it. But tlps are Season of Discovery. They aren't classic.

If they were truly classic, raids would start crashing with people going linkdead if more than 20 people try to fight Nagafen or Vox at once.

• 1Truth!

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

Solo bard can snipe so many rares by throwing charmed mobs at rares. Chardok, Seb, HS, KC, guk, Velks etc... sure there are pockets of areas that mobs are out of the level range like SG and deeper dungeons.

No one can delve solo into hard content as much as a bard can due to all the tools they have. And if they get into trouble, simply cast origin while running at selo speed or any other form of gate spell clicky or potion.

Most Bards won't notice 4 mana tick meaning anything, but the chad Bards know how much it matters if trying to do anything solo or small man and not 6 boxing your own army. Sometimes you don't want to burden 5 other people to go do something.

Ahhh, so you’re an idiot. Got it!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
1% group time explains a lot, probably more than you think.

Having mained a bard throughout the original eras, bards have some of the biggest egos about their solo exploits. They can do some cool things but it's not like rare hunting on Teek is really going to be worth much of anything. Maybe the first couple days in the mephit caves you can get a little money from ethereal parchments but then they're piss cheap while you hope for the occasional agony mephit to spawn to snag a spectral.

I'm also fairly sure enchanters, shaman, or necros come out ahead on coolest thing done solo.

• 1Truth!

yerm

Don't underestimate how antisocial and literally retarded socially some people who play eq are. I dont remember if it was here or elsewhere, but I remember someone bitching about gm bias and abuse... because they forced him out of sanctus seru after literally over 400 kills in a row. Dude was straight mercing seru with level 100+ chars every spawn with no exceptions ever for half a decade and pitched a fit that gms interceded. On test with faceless however long time ago, the dudes wrecking shit like ntov with max levels like couldn't even string proper sentences together, it was like trying to negotiate with cave men they were so fucking weird. Like just starting a conversation was so clearly unsettling like why am I being spoken to what is this.

Some of these types of folks probably post on foh.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If they were truly classic, raids would start crashing with people going linkdead if more than 20 people try to fight Nagafen or Vox at once.
The only boss I ever went linkdead to was Gorenaire, right as getting feared. I did go linkdead a few times in Unrest in 1999, but otherwise it was a rarity for me. We had Cox Communications mother fucker, cable internet. But the first time I went linkdead in Unrest I thought it was a mob ability. I'm fighting this mob and it shakes it hands and my screen goes black and big yellow letters say I am linkdead? Fuck, that's intense. This is like the blindness some mobs do.

Daidraco

Don't underestimate how antisocial and literally retarded socially some people who play eq are. I dont remember if it was here or elsewhere, but I remember someone bitching about gm bias and abuse... because they forced him out of sanctus seru after literally over 400 kills in a row. Dude was straight mercing seru with level 100+ chars every spawn with no exceptions ever for half a decade and pitched a fit that gms interceded. On test with faceless however long time ago, the dudes wrecking shit like ntov with max levels like couldn't even string proper sentences together, it was like trying to negotiate with cave men they were so fucking weird. Like just starting a conversation was so clearly unsettling like why am I being spoken to what is this.

Some of these types of folks probably post on foh.
Still run into them. I ran into them on Mischief a lot. They would just sperg out if I said something. "Hey, this is the entrance to TOV and you should be safe but we're going to start pulling while we wait. Might want to get up by the wall instead of right here since we dont have a Monk to split, yet." <Insert the rage reply of 50 year old dude with the mental capacity of a 12 year old>