EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 361084

Working on my Iksar Necro Skullcap. Get to the EJ part for the 8th Cap. Some dude from Faceless camping a completely different mob decided to report me for "AFK" cause i was killing shit in the same area. Wasn't doing anything that any reasonable person would think is botting btw.
So is that group in the guild "Ice giants are camped" that was clearly botting 24/7 still going, or did they get banned? Actually, people like them easily have a script that responds to a GM. if allthey do is send a tell, shit, why bother? Everybody that uses MQ2 knows how to write a reply to the codeword "gm" for fucksake.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is that group in the guild "Ice giants are camped" that was clearly botting 24/7 still going, or did they get banned? Actually, people like them easily have a script that responds to a GM. if allthey do is send a tell, shit, why bother? Everybody that uses MQ2 knows how to write a reply to the codeword "gm" for fucksake.

Doex would have small conversations with you on Aradune. Atleast early on.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
View attachment 361084

Working on my Iksar Necro Skullcap. Get to the EJ part for the 8th Cap. Some dude from Faceless camping a completely different mob decided to report me for "AFK" cause i was killing shit in the same area. Wasn't doing anything that any reasonable person would think is botting btw.
Bro please specify which Faceless the retards are in.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Grouped with you in Seb crypt the other night I think right? Then you bailed cause XP was shit at 59 ;)
Ahh yeah that shit was awful XP lol. Ranger in your group was is a cool guy and thought he was doing me a favor.
Bro please specify which Faceless the retards are in.
Faceless X in Virtue for Rivendar, other is the GM if that wasn't obvious.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ahh yeah that shit was awful XP lol. Ranger in your group was is a cool guy and thought he was doing me a favor.

Faceless X in Virtue for Rivendar, other is the GM if that wasn't obvious.

This server has a ton of wannabe RMTers running around being really crappy to normal groups. They just dont know how to conduct themselves basically.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This is my first Kunark since the zem changes. I was shocked to see the exp per kill gap between Seb and Chardok. At 54 I was in Seb killing reds and I was watching Bobby get more exp per kill at 57 doing blues in Chardok. There is basically no reason to do any grinding outside of Chardok if your goal is just to level.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is my first Kunark since the zem changes. I was shocked to see the exp per kill gap between Seb and Chardok. At 54 I was in Seb killing reds and I was watching Bobby get more exp per kill at 57 doing blues in Chardok. There is basically no reason to do any grinding outside of Chardok if your goal is just to level.

Yep the gap from 46-53 is pretty annoying. Seb is really slow and chardok is still to hard for most normal groups until 53 or 54.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Only difference is Seb is pretty easy whereas depending on your camp for Chardok you REALLY need top dps or at least one charm pet to keep spawns down. Also need a higher level enchanter to mez the shit if you go a deeper camp. I think Seb from 50-53 isn't bad, then you move on down to Chardok like Korocust/Bridge or something til about 56 then Herbalist, then Kennels at 58ish-60 if there's even one open.

I've done juggs from 57 to 60. Definitely slower but if your group isn't retarded it's not bad. Can use slow/root as CC and don't need an enchanter if your puller isn't a TLP camp monk and you keep spawns down for the most part. Also all the spells that drop are nice, especially when the shit dupes vendor for like 35-65pp each or some shit.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Only difference is Seb is pretty easy whereas depending on your camp for Chardok you REALLY need top dps or at least one charm pet to keep spawns down. Also need a higher level enchanter to mez the shit if you go a deeper camp. I think Seb from 50-53 isn't bad, then you move on down to Chardok like Korocust/Bridge or something til about 56 then Herbalist, then Kennels at 58ish-60 if there's even one open.

I've done juggs from 57 to 60. Definitely slower but if your group isn't retarded it's not bad. Can use slow/root as CC and don't need an enchanter if your puller isn't a TLP camp monk and you keep spawns down for the most part. Also all the spells that drop are nice, especially when the shit dupes vendor for like 35-65pp each or some shit.
I remember doing 51-60 in 6 days (rl days, about 10-12 hours a day) on my Bard in Sebilis back in the day, purely grouping whatever the best group I could get was. And that was old hell levels.I thought that was quite fast. Imo consistent exp > everything. People that leave a slow but constant exp group only to travel for an hour and then lfg for another hour kind of perplex me.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
GMs don't always use tells or even identify themselves as GM. I was AFK checked with just repetitions of "are you there?" He was in front of me but I had everything but first name off. Fucking dumb.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I remember doing 51-60 in 6 days (rl days, about 10-12 hours a day) on my Bard in Sebilis back in the day, purely grouping whatever the best group I could get was. And that was old hell levels.I thought that was quite fast. Imo consistent exp > everything. People that leave a slow but constant exp group only to travel for an hour and then lfg for another hour kind of perplex me.

Zems are real. You have to balance that moving around and setting up cripples xp rate with how much more xp you can get. I noticed a difference testing for selos with for example west freeport being "city" gives more xp; you get 3/4 per kill doing stuff like steamfont or nek. If you hunt in paludal and zone into hollowshade the xp per kill of the same level mob is literally cut in half. Zone into grimling forest and it jumps up like a third AND the mobs are easier for the level.

I'm assuming seb got nerfed to baseline dungeon xp of like 80 I think it is (baseline outdoor is 75, a few are worse like ot and grey) and chardok is still either city (100) or better. Which means at its closest you're getting 80% in seb of what would you would in chardok, and chances are chardok is like 120 or 125 so you're getting 2/3 or less for the same level kill done in seb. Factor in that crypt isn't dense, shrooms are annoying to kill quickly, and juggs are hard for their con, and its just not an ideal place anymore at all. Chardok is so big you can't run out of camps barring like a griefer training it up. It's worth it to move.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Zems are real. You have to balance that moving around and setting up cripples xp rate with how much more xp you can get. I noticed a difference testing for selos with for example west freeport being "city" gives more xp; you get 3/4 per kill doing stuff like steamfont or nek. If you hunt in paludal and zone into hollowshade the xp per kill of the same level mob is literally cut in half. Zone into grimling forest and it jumps up like a third AND the mobs are easier for the level.

I'm assuming seb got nerfed to baseline dungeon xp of like 80 I think it is (baseline outdoor is 75, a few are worse like ot and grey) and chardok is still either city (100) or better. Which means at its closest you're getting 80% in seb of what would you would in chardok, and chances are chardok is like 120 or 125 so you're getting 2/3 or less for the same level kill done in seb. Factor in that crypt isn't dense, shrooms are annoying to kill quickly, and juggs are hard for their con, and its just not an ideal place anymore at all. Chardok is so big you can't run out of camps barring like a griefer training it up. It's worth it to move.
I mean obviously ZEMS are real. That wasn't my point though. Obviously if you get invited to a group in a dungeon with a 30 zem vs a dungeon with 0 zem, you'll go to the 30. But a huge % of people lose more exp than they'd gain by leaving consistent exp for "maybe better exp." Sebilis always had a bad zem imo, not as bad as somewhere like Velks, but pretty bad. My point was just that a lot of people think they are smarter than they really are and try to min max their exp gain to their own detriment.

yerm

I mean obviously ZEMS are real. That wasn't my point though. Obviously if you get invited to a group in a dungeon with a 30 zem vs a dungeon with 0 zem, you'll go to the 30. But a huge % of people lose more exp than they'd gain by leaving consistent exp for "maybe better exp." Sebilis always had a bad zem imo, not as bad as somewhere like Velks, but pretty bad. My point was just that a lot of people think they are smarter than they really are and try to min max their exp gain to their own detriment.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, in either direction you're going. Velks has never had a bad zem ever to my knowledge, not even decades ago, and at this point its the strongest zem pre-pop at its level range. Seb had an average zem forever and chardok's was way worse on combine and roughly the same on fippy through at least phinny; for some reason chardok ate a bump at some point and seb has just recently eaten a nerf.

As for moving, he clearly stated he is a necromancer. Necromancers are top quality dps in chardok. He's a tlp vet. He's not going to have any trouble finding a spot there. If it's an entire group moving and not merely him, it's still fine, because chardok just does not run out of camp spots thanks to pick zones. It's too big and dense.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Dont even get me started on the overall "trash" loot for plat. Came out of seb disco prior to moving to chardok up 3-5k plat. Chardok has..shit, how much plat is like 1k leather whips?

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't think you know what you're talking about, in either direction you're going. Velks has never had a bad zem ever to my knowledge, not even decades ago, and at this point its the strongest zem pre-pop at its level range. Seb had an average zem forever and chardok's was way worse on combine and roughly the same on fippy through at least phinny; for some reason chardok ate a bump at some point and seb has just recently eaten a nerf.

As for moving, he clearly stated he is a necromancer. Necromancers are top quality dps in chardok. He's a tlp vet. He's not going to have any trouble finding a spot there. If it's an entire group moving and not merely him, it's still fine, because chardok just does not run out of camp spots thanks to pick zones. It's too big and dense.
Velks absolutely, unequivocally, 100% had a shit fucking zem in velious. I ain't talking about no tlp. I was merely talking about consistent exp back in the day and then mentioned velks offhandedly. You didn't exp in velks in original Velious if you think it had a good zem lol.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
People that leave a slow but constant exp group only to travel for an hour and then lfg for another hour kind of perplex me.

In Crypt i got 15% in an hour with bonus holiday XP running and a 25% pot. To put that in perspective i was getting 25-30% per hour charm soloing Bank or GY in Chardok and got about 54% in an hour today at Kennels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
In Crypt i got 15% in an hour with bonus holiday XP running and a 25% pot. To put that in perspective i was getting 25-30% per hour charm soloing Bank or GY in Chardok and got about 54% in an hour today at Kennels.
Yeah, if you can solo like an Enchanter, and you're in a shit group in a shit dungeon, obviously it can often be very advantageous to move. I'm talking about people that don't have a new exp situation lined up and end up spending 2 hours traveling/lfg when they were getting consistent exp where they were.

yerm

Velks absolutely, unequivocally, 100% had a shit fucking zem in velious. I ain't talking about no tlp. I was merely talking about consistent exp back in the day and then mentioned velks offhandedly. You didn't exp in velks in original Velious if you think it had a good zem lol.

I mean I can go off my memory, and it was that people did go to velks. It regularly had groups. This is pulled from packets from alkabor so it would be accurate as of planes of power: Current ZEMs - The Al`Kabor Project Wiki you can see that velks has a typical xp range for similar dungeons and isn't bad. It got buffed at some point and is now THE xp zone for its range, but it was never bad.

I cared a lot less about whether velks had a good zem or not and more about the whole you shouldn't care about it. You should. Maybe it means you tell your group "this is slow and I'm gonna leave if I get something better" instead of just dumping and afking, but you shouldn't milk awful xp if you don't have to. If you're on a server like selo with a preset group and its race speed xp, yeah, you wanna avoid moving around much and try to just plow whatever's around and not run out of mobs, zem be damned. If you're on a server like mischief and it takes hours per level even under optimal conditions, it's worth taking the time to double your xp rate.