EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
You guys are creating an image issue with Everquest playing legit. I like to tell people playing without seq is like fucking without a condom- get the real experience.

even better if you get dial up and a computer from the 90s. that’s like a threesome

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
What About the guys using auto clickers? Can I get the opinion of our resident sjw forum Warriors opinions?

the dipping bird is the secret to my success. There my secret is out

TBH i hate all the "cheating" things besides account sharing.

But at the same time i'm never gonna complain to the person cheating that's fucking stupid, you complain to the Ref. In this case that DBG and the GMs.

Fully understand if people wanna cheat when the refs are letting people get away with just about everything.

At the end of the day though i get more enjoyment out of them game personally if i don't cheat, so i just don't cheat.

Last edited:

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I abused the hell out of autoclickers on Agnarr. I do draw the line at warping though.

i joined faceless on agnarr 1.5 week into kunark with epic and armor from doing sk epic twice. I am sure you can do the math on that one Hahahaha

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That's not true unless they either changed something for Mischief or just not enough people there. It has a variance in base pick the same as all mobs do in a base pick which is calculated from the total number of players in base + all picks. Picks generally don't get a variance or a very little one. On Mangler the spawn time of ground spawns in SONH and Kaesora in base was anywhere between 50 minutes to 65 minutes. It was 50 minutes up to 80 minutes on Aradune. It can spawn as early as 50 minutes if you are the only person in the zone and up to 80 minutes or more (1 hr 20 was just the highest we saw on aradune) if there is an absolute ton of people there.

It's the same thing with raid mobs except raid mobs have an additional variance that was added during classic on Mangler. So raid mobs get zone load variance on top of having a raid mob variance. The combined % of both variances in terms of raid mobs starts at -25% (meaning a raid mob can spawn up to 25% faster if no one ever enters the zone) and starts to go to the positive as more and more people sit in the zone up to as much as +200% or maybe even more (meaning a raid mob respawning in a heavily populated zone can take up to 2x+ longer to spawn).

For example vox can respawn as early as 17-18 hours if no on ever exp's there. Depending on the population of Mischief you should probably be currently seeing Trakanon as a great example. At the beginning of the expansion he takes forever to respawn and it should get faster and faster as the expansion goes on. By the end of the a normal 3 month kunark expansion Trakanon will respawn every 42 hours or less consistently as Seb becomes less and less populated. On Mangler the longest was 3 and half days which was the time between the server first kill and the next respawn and steadily decreased in respawn time from then down to its normal respawn. On Aradune we saw as high as 4 and half days multiple times, but by the end of the expansion it was down to 42 hours or less consistently.

This is why in TEB we always asked everyone afk waiting for raid mobs to spawn to never afk in the zone that the raid mob spawns in. For example in Kunark, we didn't let people AFK in VP/Sebilis/Karnors, they had to sit outside. Alternatively you can also use this to your advantage. There were a couple instances where we actually asked everyone to come AFK in a specific raid zone because the respawn windows were closing during a bad time in the AM hours, so we would overload the zone with players for a while to push the respawn more likely in to the PM hours.

Interestingly though, it was noticed on both Mangler and Aradune that for whatever reason Kael specifically is not effected by these added variance timers. Maybe it's coded as a city therefore doesn't apply? Not really sure.
Yeah, saw that yesterday. Both faceless guilds were poop-socking talendor in zone and I think he went seven or eight hours over his window? EQ code is the best.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, saw that yesterday. Both faceless guilds were poop-socking talendor in zone and I think he went seven or eight hours over his window? EQ code is the best.
Yeah see that kind of shit is just not fun. And that's basically what racing turns into. Glad I am finished with that crap.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider

Yeah poop-socking rarely leads to a raid mob spawning even if it was at the "end of its window". We had to do at least 50+ counter poopsocks on Aradune and only 1 time ever did the raid mob spawn during the poopsock. I dunno how many you guys had in zone total but it's likely a raid mob never spawns during one. On Aradune the poopsocks were generally like 200-300 people.

The problem that is created though when degenerate no-mobilization skill guilds initiate a poopsock is that you still have to counter poopsock even though you know that the chances of the mob spawning if you counter poopsock and double the number of people in the zone is slim to none.

Last edited:
  • 1Galaxy Brain

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Yeah see that kind of shit is just not fun. And that's basically what racing turns into. Glad I am finished with that crap.
The faceless most definitely did not poop sock Talendor en masse. Ask how many people in FXIV were in skyfire all day and all night. I popped in skyfire a few times throughout the day and we never had many there at all. I sure did see a ton of FXIV everytime I traveled from OT to BW. That would be very un-fun being in skyfire all day as a guild.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just split the shitter targets a little harder you degenerates and save the fucking seven hours of poop socking goddamn Talenderp.

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
That's not true unless they either changed something for Mischief or just not enough people there. It has a variance in base pick the same as all mobs do in a base pick which is calculated from the total number of players in base + all picks. Picks generally don't get a variance or a very little one. On Mangler the spawn time of ground spawns in SONH and Kaesora in base was anywhere between 50 minutes to 65 minutes. It was 50 minutes up to 80 minutes on Aradune. It can spawn as early as 50 minutes if you are the only person in the zone and up to 80 minutes or more (1 hr 20 was just the highest we saw on aradune) if there is an absolute ton of people there.

It's the same thing with raid mobs except raid mobs have an additional variance that was added during classic on Mangler. So raid mobs get zone load variance on top of having a raid mob variance. The combined % of both variances in terms of raid mobs starts at -25% (meaning a raid mob can spawn up to 25% faster if no one ever enters the zone) and starts to go to the positive as more and more people sit in the zone up to as much as +200% or maybe even more (meaning a raid mob respawning in a heavily populated zone can take up to 2x+ longer to spawn).

For example vox can respawn as early as 17-18 hours if no on ever exp's there. Depending on the population of Mischief you should probably be currently seeing Trakanon as a great example. At the beginning of the expansion he takes forever to respawn and it should get faster and faster as the expansion goes on. By the end of the a normal 3 month kunark expansion Trakanon will respawn every 42 hours or less consistently as Seb becomes less and less populated. On Mangler the longest was 3 and half days which was the time between the server first kill and the next respawn and steadily decreased in respawn time from then down to its normal respawn. On Aradune we saw as high as 4 and half days multiple times, but by the end of the expansion it was down to 42 hours or less consistently.

This is why in TEB we always asked everyone afk waiting for raid mobs to spawn to never afk in the zone that the raid mob spawns in. For example in Kunark, we didn't let people AFK in VP/Sebilis/Karnors, they had to sit outside. Alternatively you can also use this to your advantage. There were a couple instances where we actually asked everyone to come AFK in a specific raid zone because the respawn windows were closing during a bad time in the AM hours, so we would overload the zone with players for a while to push the respawn more likely in to the PM hours.

Interestingly though, it was noticed on both Mangler and Aradune that for whatever reason Kael specifically is not effected by these added variance timers. Maybe it's coded as a city therefore doesn't apply? Not really sure.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the variance also does not apply to Vulak trigger. Vulak trigger respawns every 84 hours (if I'm remembering the respawn time correctly) no matter what.

Raid mobs are not ground spawns.

We had casters bind in SONH and we popped a pick. Obviously the key was picked up very shortly after the pick opened.

Several medallions were picked up in a row, all at the same respawn time.

Just like they did on the last TLP I played (Agnarr)

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Raid mobs are not ground spawns.

We had casters bind in SONH and we popped a pick. Obviously the key was picked up very shortly after the pick opened.

Several medallions were picked up in a row, all at the same respawn time.

Just like they did on the last TLP I played (Agnarr)

Read much?
The first paragraph is all about the ground spawns and regular mobs, the rest is explaining how it works with raid mobs. I also clearly stated in that first part that picks don't have a variance or a very small one, only base pick does.

Agnarr had 0 variances. There weren't enough players at the time apparently to actually effect zone load variance. That's why everything always respawned exactly on time with show eq spawn timers. It wasn't until Mangler that people started realizing you couldn't use show eq spawn timers in base pick. I've always been under the theory that zone load variance was never added until mangler, but according to 3 different dev's i've asked about it, it's always been in the game it just never saw increased spawn times due to numbers until mangler. I find it highly unlikely that it's always existed on tlp's but hey #thatswhatdevsclaim

Last edited:
  • 1Hodjing

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure I'll get flamed, because that's the way of this place, but ShowEQ is cheating. Maybe not the same way as warping is, but it certainly gives an unfair advantage over those who don't use it.
I feel like this is one of the lowest quality posters FoH has produced in many years.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
As someone that doesn't use MQ2 can ya'll explain how it determines what the item is? Like i know with weapons it won't say the mob is holding a Short Sword of Ykesha it will have a Generic name for all weapons that look like Yaks. Is it possible to drop a spare Rotting Skelly Medallion on the floor and have the automation warp and pick it up? Or maybe like a Wisp Stone or something.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
degenerate no-mobilization skill guilds

Other than if being a degenerate is a skill, I don’t think there is such a thing as skill in eq

Sieger Sieger - need to send Vindicator Vindicator back to the official forums

I used to go to test server and test exact locations xyz and then put a piece of tape and take a picture of where I need screen etc positioned for things like marl and could conquer all with auto clicker. Auto clickers we’re fine for sonh etc as well. Just go get your setup on test or another server and then get your shit dialed in. Or wait until the competition is gone cause that’s what competitive eq no lifers do, at a minimum.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
1626024748749.png

1626024771046.png

1626024896971.png

TF camps out to train us with 5 racnars 1 guardian wurm 4 lava drakes and Phara Dar.
We kill all the adds and position PD for the kill all while random taunts trying to move PD to wipe the raid.
At least one suspension for training PD, probably more in the works that I don't know about.

Lots of drama, people having regrets and to top it all off... golden rapiers taking shots lol. What a morning!

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users