EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Nah, I mean it could just be it was a mistake like I said it was. Mistakes don't mean you weren't serious, it means you fucked up. Like I said I made two big mistakes with that launch. In truth we should have used Artemesa who the next time in VT did all the skips perfectly. Obviously if I had it to do over again I'd do it over again differently. But in my defense someone who had spent years virtually rubbing AoS knob and talking about how he's the wildest big dick wild man in TLP cucking out literally at the exact worse time because his wife got mad, was not something I thought would occur.

To be fair, his wife is a Latina. If he'd said no to her he would have had to go anyway when his ambulance arrived.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
to be fair he was the only one who even tried to stop us on aten. the rest just watched us win from the zonein ;)
True, he came back hours later after our dz timer expired when you guys were getting close and asked permission to train. I said "do whatever you want man." I was tired and over it. I felt 0 motivation to train you guys there, mentally I had already moved on to the next step on Selo. I have zero issue with him training you guys, but I'm not shocked given the logistics and etc of it he wasn't successful. There were a few other things I chose not to do on Selo, we had some people advocating we steal Cleric epics from Amtrak when we had spies tell us like a small group were doing a Zordak, and I just kinda nahed out of that. In my mind I was like "that Cleric will probably be apping to my guild some day and that's more important than this single epic."

BTW, we still talk about the Luclin stuff as sort of a funny time in our lives. Despite the way it ended I know very few of our long term veterans who went through it that don't kinda remember it fondly. I think that's the sort of nostalgia that fuels these TLPs, is like the hype for autism past. I don't really mean to shit on people's ways of having fun to be honest, I'm basically just saying as a survivor of this kinda shit...try to keep it all in perspective. I have been 100% open about the fact I paid costs in my real life, occupationally and personally, due my experience running Selo guild for 2 years. Maybe it's worth it for people coming up now, and it's not my place to tell them not to, but I do feel obligated to be like "just remember bro it's EQ."

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I mean dude I'm going to talk a little bit of hard truth to you. For one, we did go hard to try to win Luclin. We also did funnel loot, not actually sure why you don't remember that. But we specifically funneled loot to tanks and some healers, and we cleared out the Bazaar multiple times with guild funds to get gear onto specific people. We didn't funnel 100% of all loot, because not all the loot that dropped was going to make a key difference. We made two big mistakes on Luclin launch (and frankly the other side also massively cheated, but I'll focus on my mistakes), one was we did not want to anoint 40 people pre-launch to get keys. We wanted to base it on activity during the launch, because I did not want to alienate the 200+ people who had never heard of or been in a Faceless guild before that server that we'd recruited. It was a concern for the long term health of our guild, and it did set us up worse for the race to AHR. The other big mistake frankly involves you very directly.

At the key moment of Selo, when we were actively racing against Amtrak in parallel to finish Vex Thal we had a dude in our raid who had a class (Necro) and ability (we gave him a mount) to do the VT skips--which we did NOT know. These skips were developed on Coirnav (they didn't exist before hand because activated Warders did NOT exist on Phinny or Agnarr), and none of our core officer corps knew them. None of us had done VT since Agnarr. You spent time on test practicing them and said you had them down. When the actual time to do the skips came, your wife jerked your leash and you had to bail out of the raid, literally 30 minutes in to our first VT. So instead of skipping bosses we now had to fucking clear VT with 40 people with no gear, of course we lost. You had some good excuses, you had a new born and an angry wife. And because I had a ton of empathy for that I haven't said peep about it for almost 3 years, but here we are now because you probably should have been quiet about "your frustrations." Like the reality is one of the most intense, competitive moments in EQ history involved you, and your bitch ass bounced. End of story. The reasons don't matter.

I've always liked you cuk, i still do. Because I'm someone who recognizes EQ isn't every fucking thing, I'm glad you bailed on us to deal with your wife and kid, that is far more important. But I do have a bit of Trump in me in that I'm fat, stupid and I hit back when people hit at me--and to complain about your frustrations for selo launch, no sir. You are excluded that privilege.
I’ll fix the parts you missed

1. We go to open world. Lost entry mob to Amtrak. You make the call that you don’t want to get suspended so we walk away from Amtrak who basically was ready to roll open world toe to toe for a giant 5 hour cuckfest with us and we crawl into instances. This was the big moment of glory you walked away from and instead wanted to be an instance boy.

2. asked for horse funneling cash for multiple days - no responses. In the middle of the raid in our instance after we crawl away on knees away from the biggest moment of open world cuckfest we try to get enough cash together in real time to make it happen - you forked up for this too- the horse that we could afford was too slow for the glitch. We later find out people in raid had the box horse and could have done it but they never opened their mouths.

3. After you made the call to bitch out in open world I did try for a while to do the glitch in instance with the shitter horse, and had to cut out for a short while due to wild wife agro.

4. I came back, and when Amtrak was about to kill ahr in open world which we basically let them do- I went and tried to train them - the only fucking guy in the guild who did so.

i got whacked by the warders because as you said they were more up on knowledge than me. In that moment I decided even though I was bound outside of VT I wasn’t going to do it to them - because we weren’t even trying to contest them.

So really at the point you crawled into instanced you walked away from what would have been the most glorious competitive moment of EQ but you bitched out when it counted most. A lot of people scratched their heads on that one and out of respect and love for you guys - because I still like you as well sieger- I haven’t said anything, but the reality is I don’t have to because history is there and everyone who was there saw it. No need to try to project on me- you guys made those decisions for yourself and people like Alexander and myself were disgusted with them. We didn’t funnel any luclin monk gear so our group was not properly equipped.

Where’s my Amtrak boys at? What did you guys thing when we crawled Into instances? It felt to me personally like I had blown the whole week going such a soy boy route.

definitely not a trump move. I thought the team at large did a great job and I had a blast - and I never said anything because really the story tells itself but wanted to make sure you didn’t forget those key details when you are projecting.

at the end of the day I brought my crew to faceless for that launch because I wanted good competition and we got it. Disappointed though overall and we definitely left some stuff on the table. I’m probably more of an AOS guy in spirit than this brand of Dima style faceless - and that’s okay.

fuck the amtrak guys I think we’re amused by me. So let’s not go as far as calling me a bitch boy - I left the race after we lost - and I told you i was there for the race only. We lost it when you turned tail and ran

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
True, he came back hours later after our dz timer expired when you guys were getting close and asked permission to train. I said "do whatever you want man." I was tired and over it. I felt 0 motivation to train you guys there, mentally I had already moved on to the next step on Selo. I have zero issue with him training you guys, but I'm not shocked given the logistics and etc of it he wasn't successful. There were a few other things I chose not to do on Selo, we had some people advocating we steal Cleric epics from Amtrak when we had spies tell us like a small group were doing a Zordak, and I just kinda nahed out of that. In my mind I was like "that Cleric will probably be apping to my guild some day and that's more important than this single epic."

BTW, we still talk about the Luclin stuff as sort of a funny time in our lives. Despite the way it ended I know very few of our long term veterans who went through it that don't kinda remember it fondly. I think that's the sort of nostalgia that fuels these TLPs, is like the hype for autism past. I don't really mean to shit on people's ways of having fun to be honest, I'm basically just saying as a survivor of this kinda shit...try to keep it all in perspective. I have been 100% open about the fact I paid costs in my real life, occupationally and personally, due my experience running Selo guild for 2 years. Maybe it's worth it for people coming up now, and it's not my place to tell them not to, but I do feel obligated to be like "just remember bro it's EQ."
for sure. I had fun for certain parts of selo. I also hated that server alot too. But the fair competition we had in like the beginning of server minus the mq2 tism, GoD and some of PoP was some of the most fun ive had.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought the world first kill was done in Amtrak's second run in the instance? I thought they timed out the first day and then Faceless timed out the day after and then Amtrak went back in when the lockdown was finished and killed Aten? I didn't know they killed the open world one.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
I’ll fix the parts you missed

1. We go to open world. Lost entry mob to Amtrak. You make the call that you don’t want to get suspended so we walk away from Amtrak who basically was ready to roll open world toe to toe for a giant 5 hour cuckfest with us and we crawl into instances. This was the big moment of glory you walked away from and instead wanted to be an instance boy.

2. asked for horse funneling cash for multiple days - no responses. In the middle of the raid in our instance after we crawl away on knees away from the biggest moment of open world cuckfest we try to get enough cash together in real time to make it happen - you forked up for this too- the horse that we could afford was too slow for the glitch. We later find out people in raid had the box horse and could have done it but they never opened their mouths.

3. After you made the call to bitch out in open world I did try for a while to do the glitch in instance with the shitter horse, and had to cut out for a short while due to wild wife agro.

4. I came back, and when Amtrak was about to kill ahr in open world which we basically let them do- I went and tried to train them - the only fucking guy in the guild who did so.

i got whacked by the warders because as you said they were more up on knowledge than me. In that moment I decided even though I was bound outside of VT I wasn’t going to do it to them - because we weren’t even trying to contest them.

So really at the point you crawled into instanced you walked away from what would have been the most glorious competitive moment of EQ but you bitched out when it counted most. A lot of people scratched their heads on that one and out of respect and love for you guys - because I still like you as well sieger- I haven’t said anything, but the reality is I don’t have to because history is there and everyone who was there saw it. No need to try to project on me- you guys made those decisions for yourself and people like Alexander and myself were disgusted with them. We didn’t funnel any luclin monk gear so our group was not properly equipped.

Where’s my Amtrak boys at? What did you guys thing when we crawled Into instances? It felt to me personally like I had blown the whole week going such a soy boy route.

definitely not a trump move. I thought the team at large did a great job and I had a blast - and I never said anything because really the story tells itself but wanted to make sure you didn’t forget those key details when you are projecting.

at the end of the day I brought my crew to faceless for that launch because I wanted good competition and we got it. Disappointed though overall and we definitely left some stuff on the table. I’m probably more of an AOS guy in spirit than this brand of Dima style faceless - and that’s okay.

fuck the amtrak guys I think we’re amused by me. So let’s not go as far as calling me a bitch boy - I left the race after we lost - and I told you i was there for the race only. We lost it when you turned tail and ran
I think I sent you a tell on victory when you got warder'd. After the first dps race on the rock we knew we would win any dps race at that point so we just decided to plow and keep having people get keys.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
If you were really serious, you would have had someone else trained up to do the skips from cuke. Relying on exactly one person to facilitate a fast finish is too much of a failure point.

Also I spent time training several others. The issue wasn’t the skips themselves it’s that they didn’t listen to me for multiple days prior to vt we needed to get horses and it was all attempted last minute in the middle of our instance raid when we crawled away from open world.
I think I held sessions with like 2-3 people and spent considerable time figuring it out and teaching others.
Really interesting that nobody else was there to do it *shrugs*

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
These skips were developed on Coirnav (they didn't exist before hand because activated Warders did NOT exist on Phinny or Agnarr), and none of our core officer corps knew them. None of us had done VT since Agnarr.
These weren't developed on Coirnav.

All but one of the VT skips i was aware of back in 2003, zone geometry was different back then and you needed an AoN+levi to get on the roof. Roof to TXD or Temarial was the only one i personally wasn't aware. People have been doing these for decades on live servers. They were know about on Phinny and AoS was doing all of the relevant ones in our instances, Zone in to Blob1 or Mini Aten. Blob1 to Diabos, Diabos to DxxT as well as the shortcut to AHR. You don't need a Necro to do any of the VT skips they can be done with mages.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
I thought the world first kill was done in Amtrak's second run in the instance? I thought they timed out the first day and then Faceless timed out the day after and then Amtrak went back in when the lockdown was finished and killed Aten? I didn't know they killed the open world one.

Nah, instance timed out at 4% after we recovered a real bad aten pull. Went into open world and killed it. Also cuk you couldve done the run with a bard following you outside the walls. Thats what I did with bling, I didnt have a pony yet.

• 1Like

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I think I sent you a tell on victory when you got warder'd. After the first dps race on the rock we knew we would win any dps race at that point so we just decided to plow and keep having people get keys.
I think if we had funneled luclin dps weapons we would have had a chance. I farmed sea horse belts so we all had haste lmfao- oh well.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Nah, instance timed out at 4% after we recovered a real bad aten pull. Went into open world and killed it. Also cuk you couldve done the run with a bard following you outside the walls. Thats what I did with bling, I didnt have a pony yet.

I didn’t know about that one- we weren’t as sophisticated on those. If we would have funneled me a pony and prepped like I asked we would have been fine though.

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
I didn’t know about that one- we weren’t as sophisticated on those. If we would have funneled me a pony and prepped like I asked we would have been fine though.
the runs were kinda scuffed, I failed DA 3 or 4 times in a row. we had me happy and punchu all doing the runs though so we were good to go.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I mean you can try to rewrite history as much as you want Cuk, the reality is you had a role, you failed at it because you got wife aggro. I have no idea your motivation to straight up lie about the rest of the shit that happened.

What actually happened is we went to open world and DPS raced for the key mob and lost. We looked at the two raids and they had a much better DPS setup than we did. The reality is we were not likely to win a single DPS race with them. That is what I was talking about when I mentioned I made two mistakes--the first mistake as I said was not picking 40 people from the get go. Because we did not have a pre-set 40, we also didn't have an optimized 40. They did and it 100% was probably the most decisive factor in the entire race.

At that point we could either have a train war in open world VT to keep Amtrak from progressing, likely eat suspensions, and in like 8 hours when their DZ opened back up that only had like 2 bosses in it, they'd go in and finish it and get the win. Or we could shift gears and start doing DZ VT in parallel to them doing OW VT. In my opinion with the situation on the ground at that moment, it was the best bet. Us train warring them would literally accomplish nothing. You training them at the end, had it been successful, would accomplish nothing.

I'm not sure what makes you forget that Amtrak was already sitting on a mostly finished VT DZ, that was just waiting on its replay timer to open to finish out the race. That open world was thus not decisive for them, but it would have been for us because we would've had a 7-8 hour window to clear it instead of the 6 hours you have in regular DZ before it closes. By the time you trained, we had already lost--our 6 hour DZ had closed. You and Alex advocated for dropping in like the 101st Airborne, with a guild that had just done very bad in 40 man VT, taking forever to try (and fail) several of the skips, to "DPS race" them on AHR. It wasn't reality. And if we had succeeded in wiping them they could have easily gone and finished DZ VT which they now had up with only like I think one boss between them an AHR (maybe none.) They could've kept a few people in OW to train us nonstop, there's no real limit to the trash you can train in VT, and considering they had used warp trainers for 2 straight weeks, these weren't going to be the ineffectual train you attempted but actual effective ones.

Foaming described that propose strategy pretty effectively years ago:

1626040813772.png

• 1Like

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
And there is 0 truth to the fact you had begged for horse money for "days", we literally said if we needed to do the skips we'd give you one, when the time came we asked you what horse was needed and you said the one you picked was fine. I'll echo what Dick said, putting the skips on one person (especially you) was as huge mistake, if I had known more, I would have known better, we didn't. Part of the issue we unfortunately ran into is most of the officers at launch were like tanks and healers, none of us were classes that could easily do the skips (which usually is a necro dragging corpse and rezzing), I specifically mentioned this was the 2nd of the two mistakes that were made. We trusted your claim that that the generic horse was enough to do the skip.

Also you still actually could not do the skips with the bard speed Rhino, and then cucked out to go cry with your wife and worship AoS or something, not sure. So I'm not sure your story holds much water.

• 1Mother of God

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
I mean you can try to rewrite history as much as you want Cuk, the reality is you had a role, you failed at it because you got wife aggro. I have no idea your motivation to straight up lie about the rest of the shit that happened.

What actually happened is we went to open world and DPS raced for the key mob and lost. We looked at the two raids and they had a much better DPS setup than we did. The reality is we were not likely to win a single DPS race with them. That is what I was talking about when I mentioned I made two mistakes--the first mistake as I said was not picking 40 people from the get go. Because we did not have a pre-set 40, we also didn't have an optimized 40. They did and it 100% was probably the most decisive factor in the entire race.

At that point we could either have a train war in open world VT to keep Amtrak from progressing, likely eat suspensions, and in like 8 hours when their DZ opened back up that only had like 2 bosses in it, they'd go in and finish it and get the win. Or we could shift gears and start doing DZ VT in parallel to them doing OW VT. In my opinion with the situation on the ground at that moment, it was the best bet. Us train warring them would literally accomplish nothing. You training them at the end, had it been successful, would accomplish nothing.

I'm not sure what makes you forget that Amtrak was already sitting on a mostly finished VT DZ, that was just waiting on its replay timer to open to finish out the race. That open world was thus not decisive for them, but it would have been for us because we would've had a 7-8 hour window to clear it instead of the 6 hours you have in regular DZ before it closes. By the time you trained, we had already lost--our 6 hour DZ had closed. You and Alex advocated for dropping in like the 101st Airborne, with a guild that had just done very bad in 40 man VT, taking forever to try (and fail) several of the skips, to "DPS race" them on AHR. It wasn't reality. And if we had succeeded in wiping them they could have easily gone and finished DZ VT which they now had up with only like I think one boss between them an AHR (maybe none.) They could've kept a few people in OW to train us nonstop, there's no real limit to the trash you can train in VT, and considering they had used warp trainers for 2 straight weeks, these weren't going to be the ineffectual train you attempted but actual effective ones.

Foaming described that propose strategy pretty effectively years ago:

View attachment 361995

what am i lying about? I would like to know specifically so i can defend my Point. Seems like blanket accusations and projecting failures on one person when we had already lost

The horse piece is patently false. We never tested with the cheapest horse. That was all the money we could scrounge together and I went and tried my best with it- and it didn’t work. And I did ask for us to get horses and multiple people setup on it. And I set meeting that most people didn’t show up to and have multiple people my login information for backup prior to the raids. Can’t have it both ways brochacho. The reality is you guys didn’t fully show up to play - and I tried to carry as much on my back as I could and the cards fell the way they did. The fact that no others officers showed up to my meeting for practice and that nobody used by account or did the right funneling is just what it is.

and do you really think that amtrak would have left while we were open world contesting them? The answer is no. They would have gone toe to toe- and based on our strategy we employed we would have lost. And to clarify - we lost open world first and crawled into instances. That was the “chance for glory” that we lost. There is no re writing any of that- it’s well known history.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On Mischief, Im just blown away at the amount of people poop socking all weekend so far. Like.. you can literally get to any OW mob in 5 minutes from anywhere in the game if you're properly equipped. ShowEQ can send a f'n text msg to a redirect box that does the batphone for you from one single character. Like.. I just dont get the insanity of making that many people sit in one zone. That in itself, makes the spawn variance increase to dramatic levels and just f'n sucks the life out of the entire game. Talendor dropped a Druid BP as the most notable thing, and thats what.. 4 krono? For 40+ people having their box logged in all day, keeping them within reach of their computer? Not going anywhere in the game and make more use of their time? Then to do the SAME on Venril Sathir?

Last edited:
  • 1Brony

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
100%, and this is why we went to DZ. Our options were:

1. Stay and lose DPS races
2. Train war to keep Amtrak from doing Open World, but in a number of hours their DZ opens and they can just finish there uncontested
3. Start our DZ right away, because if we manage to clear it fast, at least we are in position to win. My understanding was Amtrak had a minor mistake and wiped late in their DZ the night before, hence how they had ended up in this situation. I felt option 2 meant we at least would still be in the game, maybe Amtrak has another bad wipe and takes time to recover and we get a win.

I did not think our odds were amazingly strong, but staying in OW like Cuk wanted to do would have served zero purpose. If by some magic us training you as a guild for 5 hours would have won the server for us, fuck yes I would have done it and eaten my suspension happily. The reality is all it would have done is made it so no one could do OW and then in a few hours, you guys could go back to your mostly finished DZ and win. Cuk's characterization of the situation was manifestly flawed.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can we just all agree to stop putting selos faceless making it to live in the same fucking category of accomplishments as OGC making it to live? I'm sorry. It's not. It's actually disgusting and disrespectful that people even try to boast that. Hey, go look at manglerprogress.com, that entire guild list is in the same category. They have all lasted just as long as selos faceless has. There is no expansion too hard to beat, so the accomplishment of making it to live on a TLP is literally the AMOUNT OF TIME required to lead a guild long enough to do so. Lol the fact that I constantly see this brought up as an achievement in the same ranks as OGC and that it was just pointed out to me that it's in the faceless recruitment post blew my mind. This is on par with faceless claiming the fastest naggy ever on their website when come to find out it was a multi-guild raid led by Dima who wasn't in faceless lol.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Salty
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
what am i lying about? I would like to know specifically so i can defend my Point. Seems like blanket accusations and projecting failures on one person when we had already lost

The horse piece is patently false. We never tested with the cheapest horse. That was all the money we could scrounge together and I went and tried my best with it- and it didn’t work. And I did ask for us to get horses and multiple people setup on it. And I set meeting that most people didn’t show up to and have multiple people my login information for backup prior to the raids. Can’t have it both ways brochacho. The reality is you guys didn’t fully show up to play - and I tried to carry as much on my back as I could and the cards fell the way they did. The fact that no others officers showed up to my meeting for practice and that nobody used by account or did the right funneling is just what it is.

and do you really think that amtrak would have left while we were open world contesting them? The answer is no. They would have gone toe to toe- and based on our strategy we employed we would have lost. And to clarify - we lost open world first and crawled into instances. That was the “chance for glory” that we lost.
Do you mean the practice session where me and kith were there with you doing the skips for hours on test? Like seriously dude, I hope you're just misremembering, because otherwise you are blatantly lying.

You were given both a slow and a fast horse, I'm not really sure what your complaint is, you didn't succeed with either, and then you bailed. There is 0 chance that if I had known you needed a face horse I would have "ignored your begging for horse money" for days. That just wasn't reality. We gave you a horse you said should be fine, and very shortly after you said it wasn't working right Kith gave you a rhino--I will 100% say he should have just given you a rhino immediately. But I had zero knowledge he had one, if I had thought we needed a rhino before, I would've bought one out of my own pocket for krono and given it to you. I'm not saying no mistakes were made, but there is no chance you had been telling us for days you needed a specific horse and we told you no or ignored you. We gave you the mount you needed, that's the real story. We had test runs on test server, you were there and so were me and kith, it's crazy to me you're claiming I wasn't there.