EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Simply pointing out there is a market for leveling and PL services if that is your thing.

Plenty of plat to be made in that venue.

I know I'm not cool. I play EverQuest for fucks sake.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Simply pointing out there is a market for leveling and PL services if that is your thing.

Can you level my Paladin?

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
boltrans recast time doesnt matter, a stun + instant clicky can get you a tash + allure before stun wears off. i doubt any ench 50+ doesnt have jboots

an ench charming a 49 pet is like the same dps as a necro, no need for you - bust out boltrans or fuk off noob... this aint 2000, charm the highest mob you can.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

I think you're pretty cool bro.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What? 155 MORE mana for nearly 2/3rds less duration, which makes it even MORE mana intensive/inefficient. Why would you do this? Boltran's should literally only be used for 52s and 53s. And you can't get tash+allure off in a single color stun? Stun lasts 8s, tash is 1, allure is 6, GCD is 1.5. I mean, I guess you can get frontal stunned in that .5s window, but it's rare and I've never had a non-frontal stun interruption in that .5s difference. Plus, why the fuck are you tashing EVERY break? Shit lasts 12m, almost as long as Allure and basically the duration of 2 Boltran's.

And yeah, some mobs do have pretty insane DPS differences, especially if going to a 53 means you get something that backstabs or whatever. My issue isn't that Boltran's should NEVER be used, my issue is that it's a pretty fucking shitty "upgrade" to Allure and only really useable under pretty specific circumstances/scenarios. And to make it worse, you don't get a fucking upgrade to it until goddamn PoP, by which time charm is starting to lose effectiveness anyhow.

We need some insight in here on these chanter issues. Who is the Michael Jordan of enchanters?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Test Patch notes

July 13, 2021

***Items***

-Rat Ears will no longer be Available for Purchase from merchants Until the Serpent's Shrine is Active

Back to Red Wine meta. Pro-tip if you charm the NPC you'll get faster XP due to no faction messages.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
We need some insight in here on these chanter issues. Who is the Michael Jordan of enchanters?
I never use stuns and almost exclusively used the first mez the cheapest one outside of raiding.

It’s the most mana efficient way and sometimes you just have to recharm without mez or stun
Full haste jumpy robes etc at all times.

always go fuck with the nastiest bitch in any zone and roll it hard

being a proper enchanter is like fucking without a condom 24/7 and anything less your a bitch

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I got banned from the official EQ discord for posting the picture of that mQ2 tranny's redguides account (that had no personally revealing information). WTF? Real sharp priorities there.

Pretty sure tranny Karen reported me, too.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I got banned from the official EQ discord for posting the picture of that mQ2 tranny's redguides account (that had no personally revealing information). WTF? Real sharp priorities there.

Pretty sure tranny Karen reported me, too.

I got banned from there for saying crap too many times and hitting their language filter they turned it up when they were getting raided apparently

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I never use stuns and almost exclusively used the first mez the cheapest one outside of raiding.

It’s the most mana efficient way and sometimes you just have to recharm without mez or stun
Full haste jumpy robes etc at all times.

always go fuck with the nastiest bitch in any zone and roll it hard

being a proper enchanter is like fucking without a condom 24/7 and anything less your a bitch

I'm gonna cast another vote for "fuck with the nastiest bitch in any zone". When I was a chanter on Aradune I liked to live on the edge, man. If you aren't going all-out with a pet that could kill you, what are you even doing? As long as it takes it more than 5 seconds to kill you, that's more than enough time to get it under control between lowbie mez and color stun.

Dunno how it is now that color stuns are nerfed though.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just don't be all up there buttfucking the pet while it's fighting and hit guard after every charm? Why is anything hitting you in chardok? It's like the worst pathing in the game. Oh charm broke? Move 5 fucking feet away from it and you have 30 fucking seconds now before it reaches you.

If you're scared about a single mob being dangerous in chardok you're doing something horribly wrong (or NOT doing something horribly basic).

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Yo I may throw a lot of hate at aradune but their discord game was best of the best.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
everyone on this forum when discussing playing a chanter 1 or 2 months ago... ohh fuck playing a chanter. that shit is too much work for my old ass.

everyone on this forum now... fuck man you lazy fuck complaining about charming max level and hasted pets. I do that shit in my sleep. fucking easy all day every day. git gud.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Don't you mass box? It's a lot different when you mass box and say I want the long lasting convenient one over a few more dps but triple the upkeep, versus if you just play an enc (or enc + easy as fuck box and only 2) and are under-charming because of being scurred.

Also, honestly, the "I'm lazy and only care about charm length" argument is gonna sit well with a lot of people. We get that. I charmed 1-50 and 50-60, and now I just use dire charm, fuck that work. Meanwhile, being scared of charm breaks in chardok or hate? Feeling like the mana spent is better used on almost anything else like slows? That's just being bad and nobody's gonna let that ride without some hate.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just don't be all up there buttfucking the pet while it's fighting and hit guard after every charm? Why is anything hitting you in chardok? It's like the worst pathing in the game. Oh charm broke? Move 5 fucking feet away from it and you have 30 fucking seconds now before it reaches you.

If you're scared about a single mob being dangerous in chardok you're doing something horribly wrong (or NOT doing something horribly basic).
I mean, fair enough.

Thing is, I had been using Boltran's pretty fine up to that point on a dragoon. He broke, got a color resist, and then got stunned while going for the mez. Bad luck? Sure, but I didn't get a single heal or attempt at a taunt peel in the time it took to kill me. So, I was just kind of over it at that point and just wanted to play it "safe" with a 51 Slavedriver. Could I have carried the group harder? I mean, I guess I could've, sure. But by then I had literally watched the mage not send her pet on a single mob for over 20 minutes.

In the end, I was just ranting about a shaman losing his mind because the enchanter dare say that Boltran's was kind of a shit spell and he was going to be downgrading the DPS chart he was already topping by a few DPS.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
you know I'm not making fun of 1 person specifically but it's hilarious that everyone knows chanters are the highest amount of work in a group and I'm pretty sure both people talking about using allure are people boxing 6+. the only way we die is from pulling 5 mobs and a hasted charm pet breaks as the mobs come in.

I imagine playing a chanter as a single toon with a non afk healer... yeah when you're only responsibility is the chanter then it's probably way easier. but charm breaks as the mobs are seconds from camp are super rough boxing lol.

mobs die in 6 seconds so a hasted charm pet making it die in 5 1/2 seconds isn't much different and when you're grinding 8 hours, you will get eaten by that hasted pet eventually.