EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
My son wants to play EQ which wife and I haven't played in about 4yrs. If we want to play on Mischief and just give him a basic intro to what EQ is, I need a good trio that will let us at least get thru classic stuff. I normally box so never had issue just having whatever I needed, thinking either a caster group (Enchanter,Necro,Mage/wiz) or if we have a tank go SK,Shaman and what ? Thinking Enc still as the third. Trying to avoid doing the 3 mages type route because want him to see a little more of the dynamics than just /pet attack
Dont do that to your son.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
My son wants to play EQ which wife and I haven't played in about 4yrs. If we want to play on Mischief and just give him a basic intro to what EQ is, I need a good trio that will let us at least get thru classic stuff. I normally box so never had issue just having whatever I needed, thinking either a caster group (Enchanter,Necro,Mage/wiz) or if we have a tank go SK,Shaman and what ? Thinking Enc still as the third. Trying to avoid doing the 3 mages type route because want him to see a little more of the dynamics than just /pet attack
I'd do monk. He can be dumb DPS or learn how to pull. A bard can also be easy but it takes a while before they are truly powerful entities for a three box, especially if you're not planning on often grouping with other people.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
You probably can't do loop-de-loops while running Selo's in a forest, but it's not that hard to manage 99% of the time.
With deputy illusions on all toons at once I'm able to run through the hallways in the Hole on /follow with the pack without it being a complete nightmare.

The only place I'm seeing any hiccups lately is if EC tunnel is completely packed and I run in with bard speed. Sow speed is fine but once it hits 70+ velocity it is dicey.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
With deputy illusions on all toons at once I'm able to run through the hallways in the Hole on /follow with the pack without it being a complete nightmare.

The only place I'm seeing any hiccups lately is if EC tunnel is completely packed and I run in with bard speed. Sow speed is fine but once it hits 70+ velocity it is dicey.
I think that's more about your deputies being small size. Going through at human or higher height while boxing is total cancer. Those fucking torches/sconces or whatever you get caught on all the time. I turn my group in to dogs and it's totally fine as well.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I'd say go with whatever he finds the most fun/appealing. Shadowknight might work out really well. It's basic enough to start while also having lots of nuances to learn if he gets into it.

That or monk, depending on if you want to be the tank yourself. Monk gets super fun.

SK/Monk/Shaman is probably my favorite trio in EQ.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
He wants to play Necro, think we are going to try SK, Shaman, Nec. I'm trying to explain the dynamics of playing TLP vs live not having full group etc but it is so unlike other games he has played. Kind of just need to show him.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He wants to play Necro, think we are going to try SK, Shaman, Nec. I'm trying to explain the dynamics of playing TLP vs live not having full group etc but it is so unlike other games he has played. Kind of just need to show him.
Solid combo for sure, but you might consider swapping the SK to a Pal, since there's a bit of overlap with the SK/Necro. It'd get you ghetto cleric buffs, more heals, Brell's, etc.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Solid combo for sure, but you might consider swapping the SK to a Pal, since there's a bit of overlap with the SK/Necro. It'd get you ghetto cleric buffs, more heals, Brell's, etc.
Yeah agree totally but SK is one of the characters I have played least in 20 yrs of EQ and have played plenty of Paladin. My wife can get stuck making like our 6th shaman :)

• 1Like

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Yeah agree totally but SK is one of the characters I have played least in 20 yrs of EQ and have played plenty of Paladin. My wife can get stuck making like our 6th shaman :)

SK/ENC/Cleric Is the Perfect Group Trinity

necro can ghetto mez swap in and in certain zone paths can charm too -- okay swap in

Cleric is tough to swap for heal efficiency but shammy probably second or druid if you just want some utility and an extra charm on the right paths (lguk + chardok) -- you will rely on finding a cleric for a group though

So I would say

1. SK / ENC / Cleric
2. SK / NECRO / DRUID
3. SK / NECRO / Shaman

if you are stuck on the necro as an option.

• 2Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zog Zog BFF's
EQ000662.jpg

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stay sk with his nec, if he's learning the game the sk gives you a good class to "show" him stuff yourself, like "here this is how you use the cos to pull" or "this is how you position a pet" etc.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Truebox is complete trash to be frank, it's one reason why I largely told myself I was done doing "serious" TLP after Agnarr, and I broke that vow for Selo basically because it was a very unique opportunity, outside of that I've basically only touched TLPs very casually.

The core issue with Truebox is it is a system built to appeal to people who are triggered by losing a camp to a boxer. The reality is good players don't lose camps to lone boxers and they're easy to push out of a camp. So these are you basic cuck players who cry because they saw a boxer and their little friend group of 1 Rogue, 1 Shaman, and 1 Druid trying to take a camp from a 12 boxer couldn't figure it out.

What Truebox directly causes is a scenario where "real" cheaters box with impunity and derive huge benefits from doing so, as they use programs to bypass truebox and automate their characters they can do all kinds of stuff regular players who just want to abide the rules cannot do. So for all the eras in which "concern cucks" are "concerned" about boxing, you're giving a free gift to RMTers and other botters. Then when that era starts to end (around PoP-GoD) you basically create a situation where a huge % of the server can't easily continue playing because a group of at least a few characters is needed to do much of anything in EQ even today at live at 115, and basic server dynamics start making groups harder to just throw together casually aroun this time. You're tanks and melee dps, the ones who with raid gear can most easily start to anchor a box crew, will around this time work out ways to half ass run crews under truebox rules, and the rest of your guild will largely experience grouping past that point as an experience in which you're basically asking a boxer who doesn't need anything you offer to please help you do content. Compare this to how in real EQ played on normal SOE servers from the year 2005-2021, people just made additional accounts to get through this stuff.

So in short Truebox actually just benefits RMTers and cheaters in the first 4-5 expansions of EQ and then creates server population issues that just grow over time for every server once it's out of those early eras.

What's worse is these cucks aren't really hindered by rmters as much either, so it's less concern. A few cry about it loudly but most aren't stumbling in game. A full division of boxes in SG farming plat? Don't care. 6 characters played by a single person at the schw camp that I'm too antisocial to initiate a decent conversation with? Get that fucker off my server!

Further, I found there's a pretty big overlap between the "boxers ruin eq grouping" crew and both the "eq sucks after god" and the "so what if I paid krono for it" groups. So they're fueling those rmt armies and both tend to quit at similar times.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What's worse is these cucks aren't really hindered by rmters as much either, so it's less concern. A few cry about it loudly but most aren't stumbling in game. A full division of boxes in SG farming plat? Don't care. 6 characters played by a single person at the schw camp that I'm too antisocial to initiate a decent conversation with? Get that fucker off my server!

Further, I found there's a pretty big overlap between the "boxers ruin eq grouping" crew and both the "eq sucks after god" and the "so what if I paid krono for it" groups. So they're fueling those rmt armies and both tend to quit at similar times.
Yeah, I'm really tempted to just roll some shit on Rizlona at this point, but the random loot and no-drop flags being removed here is just too fucking enticing. All this boxing talk really has me wanting to spin up a 3rd or maybe even 4th box, but having to buy more laptops/mini-pcs is ugh. Thanks a lot you fucking degenerates.

• 1Like

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
SK/ENC/Cleric Is the Perfect Group Trinity

necro can ghetto mez swap in and in certain zone paths can charm too -- okay swap in

Cleric is tough to swap for heal efficiency but shammy probably second or druid if you just want some utility and an extra charm on the right paths (lguk + chardok) -- you will rely on finding a cleric for a group though

So I would say

1. SK / ENC / Cleric
2. SK / NECRO / DRUID
3. SK / NECRO / Shaman

if you are stuck on the necro as an option.

Actually to add to druid charm -- you can do UGUK -- LGUK -- BNB (SOLB BATS N BUGS ) -- Then Chardok Entrance In Down To Kennels

Youll lose Necro Charm for BNB and UGUK -- but other than that your covered and at least have druid charm during a lot of that.

Necro/Druid also decent for befallen/unrest

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone have max resolution on Original + Kunark + Velious + Luclin + PoP wallpapers? Can't seem to find a good link.