EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like the server, but
Mr Bean Idea GIF by Working Title

But yeah, I like the server.
mr bean GIF

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
My hot take on this ruleset isn't that randomized loot is really so nice its that you get literally double or more loot ontop of that. Randomized alone wouldn't be great without the huge lootsplosions youre seeing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If it was just double loot or just randomized loot I wouldn't have played. The combination has made me an addict again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
My hot take on this ruleset isn't that randomized loot is really so nice its that you get literally double or more loot ontop of that. Randomized alone wouldn't be great without the huge lootsplosions youre seeing.
randomized would still be more loot on average since you'll be hitting targets that don't normally have any sort of priority attached to them. But yes, random double Vulak KTs, or Double Vulak Tunares are definitely awesome.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I really love how "in your face" they made the randomized loot. Not just with double loot, but with how good they make it. "Hey you killed KT but you want Vulak loot? Here, take half his fucking loot table. Yeah, you like that don't you? DON'T YOU, LOOT WHORE?".

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
You know it's a loot pinata when my lame old ass gets a primal bow drop. Not even dkp - there's so much loot the RL is just like, "Yeah, roll or whatever". It's crazy.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
You know it's a loot pinata when my lame old ass gets a primal bow drop. Not even dkp - there's so much loot the RL is just like, "Yeah, roll or whatever". It's crazy.

That's why I lost interest in the server so quickly tbh. Nothing has any value , or is even hard to get. Game just feels meaningless when the best drops in the game are just buyable in the tunnel.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah i have no idea who those people are supposed to be or what it has to do with anything

I saw #TeamRajah trending on twitter and clicked on it out of curiosity and was greeted by that monstrosity I posted.

I may need to change all of my character names if this continues

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Couple of monk questions for the room:

1630182690520.png

This thing should be wielded mainhand with bare fists offhand, correct? I'm trying to remember how the Damage Bonus works. IIRC it only applies to a weapon in the mainhand. This with damage bonus is slightly better than epic fists, while this without is significantly worse, thus it should be mainhand if mainhand is the one with the bonus.

Doesn't the Ambidexterity AA add the bonus to offhand as well, or something like that?

1630182815039.png

Other question, which one of these should I throw into said weapon, as a raid monk? The DoT does the most overall damage but it's likely to be resisted or take up a buff slot, so it's out. The Wulf gem looks like alright DPS, but I believe it has a stun component. I'd rather use that and just manage my aggro with frequent flops. However if there's a chance I'll pull aggro off of tanks even with careful management, then it's obviously out. The heals would likely help a bit on raids. The HoT restores more, in theory, unless the I'm going to proc more than once per HoT cycle. Multiple procs would obviously make the insta heal better. I don't think multiple procs are that much of a thing in this era though. So... go with the HoT?

Mini

Lord Nagafen Raider
Turn in the primal battlehammer for primal fist wraps. MH fist wraps, bare OH. Use dot aug.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
The proc augs are basically useless for DPS. Both of the DPS options have issues with them (threat or debuff slots/breaking mez) and provide less than 5 DPS total. I always went with heal procs since its something and will never hurt.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Turn in the primal battlehammer for primal fist wraps. MH fist wraps, bare OH. Use dot aug.

Fist wraps are better than the battlehammer? Figured they were about the same.

The proc augs are basically useless for DPS. Both of the DPS options have issues with them (threat or debuff slots/breaking mez) and provide less than 5 DPS total. I always went with heal procs since its something and will never hurt.

Yeah, that sounds good. I'll probably go with the insta and hope for more procs.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
would a fist weapon beat out a 1h blunt weapon with exact same ratios or would they be completely even?

I've heard different things about fist weapon being specifically better than an equal ratio 1h blunt weapon and also that certain weapons are better than epics vs mighty buff mobs because of the damage bonus. but I'm not sure which things are true and which are false.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
would a fist weapon beat out a 1h blunt weapon with exact same ratios or would they be completely even?

I've heard different things about fist weapon being specifically better than an equal ratio 1h blunt weapon and also that certain weapons are better than epics vs mighty buff mobs because of the damage bonus. but I'm not sure which things are true and which are false.

damage bonus only counts for your primary hand. epic counts as bare hand - so epic alone provides no damage bonus (bare hand has no dmg bonus). therefore you want a weapon in your primary for the damage bonus (at a minimum). since there is no damage bonus on secondary, you can keep secondary open hand epics until you get a better ratio item.

Sterling

El Presidente
There's a difference between bare fist and a H2H weapon. as mentioned mainhand needs damage bonus particularly against motm mobs.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think he's asking if two weapons with identical ratios will do the same damage if one is hand to hand and one is 1hb. Actual weapons, not just fists vs weapon

• 1Like