EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
- Project M is back with death comms enabled for your listening entertainment!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So then what's the change?

No random drops?

No extra loot?

Sounds like less of what people like?

I really dont think they want to do another Mischief clone back to back is the point. So my thought was keeping the most popular item (free trade) and mixing it with their normal server ruleset.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I really dont think they want to do another Mischief clone back to back is the point. So my thought was keeping the most popular item (free trade) and mixing it with their normal server ruleset.

The reason it's so popular is because of the excess of items. No excess, no real reason to trade. Would make box crews more profitable I guess?

Without random loot, so many bosses not worth doing etc

They might try what your talking about, but I would wager real money it wouldn't be nearly as successful.

If they had any brains, Mischief would be the new template.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I want the next server to have a Running Man ruleset. Break the rules or do something bad on one server, and your character gets transported to the Running Man server where you suffer permadeath if you die, but if you survive on there for 80 hours /played it lets you go back to your server of origin. Also all NPCs everywhere are hostile and if you just AFK in a corner somewhere it spawns a level 99 spectre next to you after 1 minute. Gonna be lots of people autoswimming in circles, you say? Nope, because all water is designated lava that does more damage than you can regen. Also you're perpetually being followed in the distance It Follows style by an obese opera-singing ogre that DTs.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think elderan is right on having two of the exact same servers back to back wouldn't really do as well despite it being the funnest TLP they've launched by a large margin imo

If they did mischief where they just said fuck it and unlocked all classes from the start id be all for it, since i always burn out way before i can get around to playing a berserker lol

sounds like it would be a PITA though to have X class but only on vanilla content lol

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I want the next server to have a Running Man ruleset. Break the rules or do something bad on one server, and your character gets transported to the Running Man server where you suffer permadeath if you die, but if you survive on there for 80 hours /played it lets you go back to your server of origin. Also all NPCs everywhere are hostile and if you just AFK in a corner somewhere it spawns a level 99 spectre next to you after 1 minute. Gonna be lots of people autoswimming in circles, you say? Nope, because all water is designated lava that does more damage than you can regen. Also you're perpetually being followed in the distance It Follows style by an obese opera-singing ogre that DTs.
sure, why not.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think there is a significant subset of EQ players who will not try something new. Any rules that change core EQ mean an automatic pass from these players. For that reason appropriately timed Phinny clones will always be a moderate success at least while custom or unique servers even when well executed will fight an uphill battle.
Bro, we are playing EQ and still talking about it 20 years later. To say that some of us don't want change is an understatement.

Personally, I like the changes. But then I liked the various EMU's other than P99 and thier different rulesets.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
1636391437228.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
All classes open to all races with no trainer or factional adjustments!

Roll a high elf necromancer and get killed by your own guards before you can load in :emoji_laughing:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
All classes open to all races with no trainer or factional adjustments!

Roll a high elf necromancer and get killed by your own guards before you can load in :emoji_laughing:
Yesssss. This! I'd love to roll an Ogre Paladin and have to earn my way into my own city.

No, but seriously - next logical step imo would be improving random loot.

Instead of making all loot drop from everywhere, have loot change where it drops weekly. For all named NPCs, and quest rewards too.
Template that shit into buckets, and just randomize it weekly on the fly. It'd be chaotic, moreso than Mischief.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yesssss. This! I'd love to roll an Ogre Paladin and have to earn my way into my own city.

No, but seriously - next logical step imo would be improving random loot.

Instead of making all loot drop from everywhere, have loot change where it drops weekly. For all named NPCs, and quest rewards too.
Template that shit into buckets, and just randomize it weekly on the fly. It'd be chaotic, moreso than Mischief.
Yeah, I'd really like a loot pool that ignores eras. Kunark loot on PoP mobs? FUCK YEAH! OoW loot on classic mobs? FUCK YEAH! I'm fine with them limiting it to "ranges" like they do now, but I'd like to see the "era" enforcement dropped.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Hopefully the new leadership sees the interest in novelty that precious leadership was too stupid to embrace

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Hopefully the new leadership sees the interest in novelty that precious leadership was too stupid to embrace

Copy PoE to some degree and have a basic release schedule of expansions with a brand new mechanic on top that people can choose to interact with.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah, I'd really like a loot pool that ignores eras. Kunark loot on PoP mobs? FUCK YEAH! OoW loot on classic mobs? FUCK YEAH! I'm fine with them limiting it to "ranges" like they do now, but I'd like to see the "era" enforcement dropped.
That might be a bit extreme unless said expansions are unlocked, tbh. Emu has proven that if you're too 'overpowered', the game feels unfun after about maybe a few days of playing.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Random loot mischief rules but random
Mob spawn table % chance. Every mob in game has cooked in 1% of being a rare mob + 5-10 lvls.

Ghoul lord wrecking kobald king room or draco popping in freeti

that or an old fashioned race war

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Random loot mischief rules but random
Mob spawn table % chance. Every mob in game has cooked in 1% of being a rare mob + 5-10 lvls.

Ghoul lord wrecking kobald king room or draco popping in freeti

that or an old fashioned race war
Nagafen popping in place of random Kobolds. Total chaos.