EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Most 2nd mains with the possible exception of Bards, and Clerics that participate in CH rotations are just poorly played buff bots that soak up loot that would otherwise rot.
That's kinda the point. If you have those people play each of those 2nd mains at different times they wont be poorly played. AoS used to do this for Quarm splits, we had so many loot vacuum alts that people wouldn't play well if they were playing 3 toons at once but they would actually be useful if they played those 3 toons 1 at a time. It's even stronger on Free trade cause alts can borrow gear.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
That's kinda the point. If you have those people play each of those 2nd mains at different times they wont be poorly played. AoS used to do this for Quarm splits, we had so many loot vacuum alts that people wouldn't play well if they were playing 3 toons at once but they would actually be useful if they played those 3 toons 1 at a time. It's even stronger on Free trade cause alts can borrow gear.

Oh ok I get what you are saying now, misinterpreted the post I replied to, although that sounds like twice as much work for the same reward as just dragging shitty boxes along so not sure how people will go for that.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider

We all know how that worked out for us in AoS.

Planes of Power, where they forced everyone to bring every alt they had and split quarm as hard as possible.

No one had any fun doing that shit.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We all know how that worked out for us in AoS.

Planes of Power, where they forced everyone to bring every alt they had and split quarm as hard as possible.

No one had any fun doing that shit.

On this server depending on how they table it you will be mass splitting things like bertox and laughing at the idea of doing p4 of time.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
We should probably see how things pan out in classic before worrying about what will happen in PoP

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I don't know if I love or hate the random lot concept...

Gdkp runs were the most fun I had on any TLP, but with this those seem kind of bleh.

No more hoping the big bad drops the 15 kronos item for your plat run.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know if I love or hate the random lot concept...

Gdkp runs were the most fun I had on any TLP, but with this those seem kind of bleh.

No more hoping the big bad drops the 15 kronos item for your plat run.

Any mob or multiple can drop the big bad 15kr drop now though! Imagine if every boss in VT could drop AHR loot. Or every NtoV dragon could drop Vulak loot. Could be the best of times....or the worst.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Any mob or multiple can drop the big bad 15kr drop now though! Imagine if every boss in VT could drop AHR loot. Or every NtoV dragon could drop Vulak loot. Could be the best of times....or the worst.

It all depends on drop rates.

If it results in more good items, awesome.
If it results in less, bleh.

Kahleem

Trakanon Raider
So uh, saw this drop in my feed and I was like "wtf, they actually did something new and innovative?!?".

We got a guild or discord for this yet?

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider

From people I've talked to I think the concern is that with free trade and the randomized loot it's a big possibility that the market becomes so over saturated that no one is paying big bucks for a raid item making GDKP not really worth while. Another thing that I heard brought up is that with free trade, why would you ever buy loot on a raid that will get bid up by the auction style rather than just finding it for cheap in the commons or bazaar? People like GDKP on current TLP's because you have the ability to buy loot with krono/plat that you otherwise can't, or you can go and just make money. With free trade, you wouldn't want to buy loot on a raid unless it's going cheaper than market value and if it's going cheaper than market value there is the possibility the raid will make little to no return for their efforts. Obviously this is all speculation though since no one will truly know how the market will be until the server actually launches, this is just a few things I heard brought up from those that I know that go to GDKP raids on Aradune.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So uh, saw this drop in my feed and I was like "wtf, they actually did something new and innovative?!?".

We got a guild or discord for this yet?

Zaide Zaide is doing a casual guild I think.

Ok, where are the hacks to multi box on a single PC?

Someone hook it up.

Daidraco

I've never really played a TLP. True Box I thought meant one character per PC - but some of you are saying that people will have probably 2 characters playing, and there will be Sam Da Man's with 36-72 boxes?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
The true box limit only matters to plebs. All the pros know how to multi box around it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting move by DBG to launch a new server 2 weeks after their current one hits the most popular expansion..

Daidraco

Im visiting my regular sites this morning and news about this server is everywhere! Even with an overflow server, I think the queues are going to be insane.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
The server is an interesting idea in that it's very different, but it's hard to tell how well it will do long term. It seems more of a mess around on type server than a serious one. The randomized loot tables on raid mobs will have it's rewards but be insanely frustrating at the same time. The unlock schedule isn't much different than any other TLP though after LDoN. Current TLP's already start the 2-3 schedule in PoP.

I think you will see a lot of very small guilds there as there will be a big incentive to sell raid loot or keep your guild small enough to where you can do an honor system. Guilds who don't want to see a lot of drama will either have to operate in a GDKP fashion or no loot rules.

I saw some people saying that this server will be the end of batphone guilds, but it would not surprise me if someone makes an OW batphone guild with no loot rules, you can bid on anything that drops with your dkp and sell it type thing. I feel like there would be a huge incentive for that, that would draw the attention of a lot of people.

I feel like the server will probably consist of one OW batphone guild, a ton of really small DZ guilds, and a metric shit ton of 36-72 boxers.
Are you gonna move your guild over?

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I highly doubt very many people will be boxing 36 toons. The financial incentive to do is much smaller then on normal servers. The market will be saturated with loot and the items will sell for much much less. Just go check out open world VT loot vs Time loot on the FV bazaar.

As far as Bat phone guilds go the question is why Bat phone? On most TLPs instance only guilds quickly run out of mobs to kill with meaningful loot, however with Mischief rules that's not really true.
Which raid schedule would you rather have?
Mon> Main VT.
Tues>Main SSRA+Seru
Wed> Main rest of Luclin
Thurs>Second Main VT
Friday>Second Main SSRA
Saturday>Second Main Rest of Luclin

Or the Same Mon-Wed+ random Bat phones at 2 AM or 2PM.

You can be a "hardcore" guild now without having to Bat phone.
You forgot Sunday. Can't be very hardcore if you're not raiding everyday.