EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
When I was preparing for Aradune launch I parsed my static in a bunch of level spreads and the charm pet typically equaled the dps of the 3 mage pets and Necro pet combined. This was prior to the modest charm nerf though.

I’ll parse it out again in the next two weeks to see how things stand now.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Ya...completely naked sure, mages are better. However, it's easy as fuck to get a ton of cha gear at which point charm is literally 10x better than mage pet.
:emoji_thinking:

Yeah, but as long as you are all having fun, who cares if the rogue doesn't do any dps. Unless you are racing to claim some kind of imaginary trophy, who cares if you take a little longer to kill things. I look at this server as the injection of nostalgia people crave, once a year, every year. The grass is always gonna be greener on the other side. But who cares, as long as you also have grass.
That's the lifecycle of playing for nostalgia. First you have to do it 'right this time' and play the meta. After you do that for a cycle, you can come around to playing what you want instead.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
playing the meta for leveling 1-50 on a server with mangler xp is totally pointless and will just keep you from having fun. Cool your mage leveled fastest and hit 50 on day 3, if you had played the worst class in the game tho like a heal spec paladin you would still have been 50 on day 4 though so who cares.

Enchanter is still god like in classic and kunark though, necro is great too, mage is basically best at leveling to 35 though which is already a breeze so who cares. Mage and necro pets still really suffer from the defense nerfs, they die from a stiff breeze which really sucks. I was shocking coming from P99 mage to a aradune mage just how bad the pets are.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Chanters can also parse well on every raid mob including sky, where the other 3 are useless. Wins the buffer aspect with haste and crack over dmf, ds, port. And can duo things with a cleric that the other 3 can't do.

I dont disagree that necros are really strong, but to get their full potential it's undead dependent.

Personally, my ranks would probably be nec-enc and then a big gap to wiz-mage. Depending on what aspects you value and if you have a pocket healer, I can see enchanter being 1.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Chanters can also parse well on every raid mob including sky, where the other 3 are useless. Wins the buffer aspect with haste and crack over dmf, ds, port. And can duo things with a cleric that the other 3 can't do.

I dont disagree that necros are really strong, but to get their full potential it's undead dependent.

Personally, my ranks would probably be nec-enc and then a big gap to wiz-mage. Depending on what aspects you value and if you have a pocket healer, I can see enchanter being 1.
Pretty spot on, nec does benefit from classic and kunark being undead heavy too, it gets more limited in velious and luclin when they can't always charm but enc can. Enc is the only caster worth a damn in Sky, and they are a huge help on naggy and vox too if you are doing them with limited numbers.

Druid deserves an honorable mention too as a charm class, very strong in guk, SOLB and Chardok.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
No Mage pets literally just do more damage until you get the 39 Haste and even then the mage+pet still beats the charm Pet until you get Allure+swift and Charm a Rock Golem, Allie or Fire ele at Efreeti. Look being the 3rd best Caster in Classic is still being the 4th best class. But people who think Enchanters are some God class are just wrong.

You literally have to be trolling dude. You act like charming is the only thing enchanters do. Anyone who doesn't think enchanter is the strongest class in EQ is a god damn idiot because it's actually not even remotely close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They should allow all races / classes to choose Bristlebane as their god

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No Mage pets literally just do more damage until you get the 39 Haste and even then the mage+pet still beats the charm Pet until you get Allure+swift and Charm a Rock Golem, Allie or Fire ele at Efreeti. Look being the 3rd best Caster in Classic is still being the 4th best class. But people who think Enchanters are some God class are just wrong.

lol this is some stupid shit right here

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've mained ENC, NEC and Mage all in Classic, Necro is definitely the strongest. Mages are just better at leveling/Soloing for the most part and mages stack much better on raids, Chanters really only outshines Mage when it comes to duoing with a healer. Enchanter charm frankly just sucks compared to regular pets for the first 39+ levels, there is a reason every server first group has 4 Mages and not 4 Enchanters.
I can't even. fuck.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
You literally have to be trolling dude. You act like charming is the only thing enchanters do. Anyone who doesn't think enchanter is the strongest class in EQ is a god damn idiot because it's actually not even remotely close.

Outside of Classic Bards ADPS better, they have better debuffs and better slows and better buffs.
Outside of Classic Shamans ADPS better, they have better debuffs and better slows and better buffs.
Outside of Classic and Kunark Knights are the true CC classes off tanking and Kiting is way more relevant then mez.

Enchanters are genuinely a dogshit class outside of Classic and Kunark there is a reason why every guild has 10 enchanters at the start and 2 enchanter mains when PoP launches.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Outside of Classic Bards ADPS better, they have better debuffs and better slows and better buffs.
Outside of Classic Shamans ADPS better, they have better debuffs and better slows and better buffs.
Outside of Classic and Kunark Knights are the true CC classes off tanking and Kiting is way more relevant then mez.

Enchanters are genuinely a dogshit class outside of Classic and Kunark there is a reason why every guild has 10 enchanters at the start and 2 enchanter mains when PoP launches.

Not sure why you're moving the goalposts. Everyone knows they're most op in classic and get weaker through the first few expacs.

It's your claim that even in classic they're the 3rd best that has everyone ridiculing how clueless you are

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
They are OP as fuck in groups all the way to GoD, but in a lot of raids they are relegated to buff bitches which causes many to quit or main change.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Druid and necromancer are straight up better damage than an enchanter under ideal circumstances. Their charm pets get a better haste buff than the enchanters and their class in and of itself has way higher dps behind the charm than the enchanter's much weaker dots and nukes. So yes enchanter is without question 3rd in dps. They are higher in circumstances where those classes cannot charm, so once you hit the mid 40s and are in your home stretch and probably leaving lguk the necromancer stop beings ahead. If you leave sola for oot goblins they claim #1. In kunark they are always 3rd because druids and necros can always charm in chardok and its the best xp.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enchanters will still be desirable for no reason other than clarity, which is a tremendous xp/hour multiplier in classic. It's downright painful after 40 if you don't have either clarity or bard mana regen. Groups tend to be caster heavy early on which increases this effect further.
If you want instant groups at the start, be a melee because there will be many groups of 5 casters looking for anyone that can pull. Spent more time pulling than actually tanking on my warrior in the first few weeks.

My cleric was actually the hardest to get groups on. There were a ton of them early on, as well as lots of druids, and those are both common box classes as well.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't wait for them to fuck the loot tables up so bad that Cloak of Flames drops off fire beetles.
It'll be like my favorite EQ bug of all time when you could forage any item that dropped in that zone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users