EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
From a TLP noobie perspective - what exactly isnt in when these servers launch in classic? Do they still have noobie gear like Initiates? Other helpful things along the way? etc.

No newbie armor quests, no tutorial, no warrens/stonebrunt/jaggedpine.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So its just straight grind w/50% exp potion (75 at 35)?

Trying to prep and learn what I can about the updated client and whats available.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Then bards are also have better dots than necros and shaman and nuke better than wizards since with their mana free dot songs

You have your own definition of "better" that's absolutely retarded.

A group with an enchanter will kill things twice as fast and wipe half as often with an enchanter over a bard or any other class.
Nah your logic is retarded. Bard slow is 10% better or 5% worse depend on if use languid or tepid. Single target Bard dots don't come close in terms of damage to necro dots. Venom is like 220/tick and 2k damage in a 3 sec cast time, Frost chant is like 50 a tick and 100 damage in a 3 second cast time. Bards do have better AoE dots then Necros, don't really get much of a chance to use them in Classic though.

Sure in Classic i said chanters are better then Bards, Chanters are still a worse all around class then Necro/Mage in Classic. By the time you get to SOL Bard groups dunk on chanter groups. Bards are also pretty sweet in Enchanter groups during Classic and Kunark. Can't really say the same for Chanters in Bard groups come SOL though.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So its just straight grind w/50% exp potion (75 at 35)?

Trying to prep and learn what I can about the updated client and whats available.
Compared to p99, basically you get maps, huge xp boost, huge xp boost when grouped, updated spell levels, origin AA, some innate AA’s to make melee classes better, no xp penalties for classes (I believe) and I feel like that about covers the major stuff
Oh and no corpse runs

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Nah your logic is retarded. Bard slow is 10% better or 5% worse depend on if use languid or tepid. Single target Bard dots don't come close in terms of damage to necro dots. Venom is like 220/tick and 2k damage in a 3 sec cast time, Frost chant is like 50 a tick and 100 damage in a 3 second cast time. Bards do have better AoE dots then Necros, don't really get much of a chance to use them in Classic though.

Sure in Classic i said chanters are better then Bards, Chanters are still a worse all around class then Necro/Mage in Classic. By the time you get to SOL Bard groups dunk on chanter groups. Bards are also pretty sweet in Enchanter groups during Classic and Kunark. Can't really say the same for Chanters in Bard groups come SOL though.

Better by what measure? if you enjoy clicking through raid tool and getting carpal tunnel syndrome, enchanters your guy.

If you like twitching people every few minutes and wishing your dot's were relevant (updated -- pre pop) necro is your guy.

If you like soaking up all the raid loot and having people hate you for it, Bard is your guy.

Did I miss anything? My autism and delicate balance of real life has been greatly damaged by this new server announcement lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Bring back real dirge! Bobby get on it!

Better by what measure? if you enjoy clicking through raid tool and getting carpal tunnel syndrome, enchanters your guy.

If you like twitching people every few minutes and wishing your dot's were relevant (updated -- pre pop) necro is your guy.

If you like soaking up all the raid loot and having people hate you for it, Bard is your guy.

Did I miss anything? My autism and delicate balance of real life has been greatly damaged by this new server announcement lol

I dunno about soaking up all the raid loot. Plate is a pretty brutal armor type to have. And Taking weapons, when they really don't matter all that much :p

Outside some specifics(bard weapons, instruments and very important mods) I always had a little guilt taking it as bard, because you really don't need it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

I dunno about soaking up all the raid loot. Plate is a pretty brutal armor type to have. And Taking weapons, when they really don't matter all that much :p

Outside some specifics(bard weapons, instruments and very important mods) I always had a little guilt taking it as bard, because you really don't need it.
Once you get to Kunarkish era, you don't even really compete for the same plate as warriors and knights - SK maybe a tiny bit, but not with warrior and paladins at all. Weapons a little, sure. But who else are you going to give them to? Rogues? Lmao.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider

Sir I was the one that got dirge nerfed...

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is the kinda dumb shit that leaves people thinking chanters are a god class. You read the percentage of the slow on allah. See chanters have a higher % on the highest level slow they get and just assumed it's better.

Bard slows don't have a mana cost which is very relevant in Classic, they have an AoE Slow, can be cast while moving and don't have a 1.5 second global lockout.

Before getting time slow stick the only time good enchanters even cast the higher % slow is on raid bosses and Shaman slow overrides it and has half the cast time.

Buff bitches
God Class
Pick one.
Fuck the English language, right. You eat crayons, don't you.

Last edited:

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I felt the same way when they nerf'd mage/druid rains. Turned a special use spell into a never use spell. I wonder if they will keep nerfing stuff till they don't have anything that looks like original EQ at all.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I love that I pissed off all the bards with that post hahah -- was trying to trigger everyone but I guess that truth cut the deepest :p

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I felt the same way when they nerf'd mage/druid rains. Turned a special use spell into a never use spell. I wonder if they will keep nerfing stuff till they don't have anything that looks like original EQ at all.

"Never use Rains"

You don't ever use your most mana efficient nukes?

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have they made any changes, hardware or code thst will make these things more stable at launch? Everytime they launch it is a train wreck and with the new rules people will be creating picks in any zone that has a named that can be farmed, this has potential to be the biggest resource hog of any everquest server to date.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have they made any changes, hardware or code thst will make these things more stable at launch? Everytime they launch it is a train wreck and with the new rules people will be creating picks in any zone that has a named that can be farmed, this has potential to be the biggest resource hog of any everquest server to date.
No. Even if they have more hardware, there is only so much they can do. most popular MMO's has queues at the release of new content. How bad it can be, and for how long, shows a lot about the owners of the game. So new owners, maybe new type of launch, but i'm not gonna hold my breathe. Either way, shit show on May 26th. You need to worry about the length of the shit show, not that there will be one.

Don't get high hopes.

Last edited: