EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
Have they made any changes, hardware or code thst will make these things more stable at launch? Everytime they launch it is a train wreck and with the new rules people will be creating picks in any zone that has a named that can be farmed, this has potential to be the biggest resource hog of any everquest server to date.
I mean they somewhat recently went the other direction and changed server farms for budget reasons.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have they made any changes, hardware or code thst will make these things more stable at launch? Everytime they launch it is a train wreck and with the new rules people will be creating picks in any zone that has a named that can be farmed, this has potential to be the biggest resource hog of any everquest server to date.

Look at PoP launch on aradune. PoT wasn't open for like 5 mins at least - many people bought the port thing from the store and lost it due to not being able to zone.

Took about 20 mins for PoT to be stable enough.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Look at PoP launch on aradune. PoT wasn't open for like 5 mins at least - many people bought the port thing from the store and lost it due to not being able to zone.

Took about 20 mins for PoT to be stable enough.
That’s a massive upgrade over coirnav. Took like 3 hours to be able to zone in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Then bards are also have better dots than necros and shaman and nuke better than wizards since with their mana free dot songs

You have your own definition of "better" that's absolutely retarded.

A group with an enchanter will kill things twice as fast and wipe half as often with an enchanter over a bard or any other class.

Bards are mostly a waste of a group spot if there's an enchanter available, their shitty 30% aoe slow doesn't matter much when classic mobs hit like pansies and die really fast, yeah their mana regen stacks with enchanters but that's about it, their shitty low level hastes are inferior to enchanter or shaman haste. People think having an afk melody bard is some kind of huge boost to the group when really getting literally any other dps class would be an increase to the groups xp rate (assuming mob availability which is usually the biggest limiting factor, not DPS, CC, Mana etc)

Whenever I see somebody advertising for an Enchanter or Bard I always imagine them with fingers crossed saying please please please let it be an enchanter that answers first. Because they are just so much better.

Fuck I'd rather have a Necro that knows what the fuck screaming terror is and how to use it, over a bard, especially if they aren't lazy shitters and charm. If a bard wants to just be a camp bard and not pull in classic, tell em to fuck off and get somebody else.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Most classes 'suck' in classic in the sense that enchanter 5x and a cleric is the best combo. From there you want monks, then mages then necros then rangers or rogues instead of the enchanter and I guess a shaman instead of cleric if you really want to slum it.

Pulling in classic is also not really like it was originally either where bard had a distinct advantage, you might as well let the ranger pull trains, its not like you ever want to be using lull or anything. Flame lick to steal away contested pulls is infinitely better than selos anyway imo.

But the reality is a single enchanter is all you need because you are going to be limited by mob count more than kill speed unless you are a group with a druid healer and 4 naked rogues.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How do people manage to suggest stuff like 5x enchanter groups when druids and necros have way stronger charm spells?

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
How do people manage to suggest stuff like 5x enchanter groups when druids and necros have way stronger charm spells?

They aren't though, they are limited by mob type while Enchanters are not.

Not much a Druid can charm in Lguk, The Hole or OoT, Not much a Necro can charm in Sol B or the hole outside the undead area.

Having said that in Chardok yeah you can mix n match no probs, still want at least one Enchanter for the tash, stuns and mez. Necro with an undead goon is amazing, with lich you can keep up VoTS on most mobs while having a blender pet. Druids can charm the dogs but those things tend to rabies everything which makes the chanters life miserable at times, they also lack any kind of stun or mez to assist with recharming so tend to get assraped on breaks and often need one of the other two to assist with recharm, Necros can ST and recharm easily.

In a 3+ charm group a mage or shaman for malxxx helps a lot too. Cleric goes without saying as they are the only ones that can keep the pets up, and invetibly people will need rezzes.

Much more than 3 or 4 is probably overkill anyway.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
After 3 charm pets the chances of getting fucked go up really fast

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
In chardok you can just move 5 feet and it now takes 30 more seconds for the charm break mob to reach you. I do understand necro falls off in classic because lguk stops being good xp eventually, but a druid in solb can go to 50 there assuming you have efreeti and can pull trash and giants to supplement it at times. On a hypothetical post-classic start you can easily choose a level route with charm for either class (both if luclin or later start) all the way to 60.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

Definately seen a few triple charm (don't think ive ever beenin one with 4) Chardok groups get super hairy when a couple of pets choose to break as a pull comes in. I've done 50-60 In Chardok as a Necro a couple of times, they are definitely super stonk there, although not all camps have easy access to the Undead Dragoons, bonus if you rep another Necro and they have a pet waiting for you already.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>

It doesn't help that Everquest has a sophisticated AI that can detect when there is a big pull so it can break your charm and make all of your mezzes resist.

For long xp grinding, your best friend as an enchanter is another enchanter (or necro/bard). Without an outside mez, you can never afk to take a piss.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for them to fuck the loot tables up so bad that Cloak of Flames drops off fire beetles.
It'll be like my favorite EQ bug of all time when you could forage any item that dropped in that zone.

That was hilarious. My favorite bug of all time was in Field of Bone, a patch changed that lvl 3? yellow named spider in the catacombs. The poison proc spell# was changed from its normal poison to the 49 mage pet. So it procced a mage pet for you to control, at level 3. Sure made leveling easy for a few days! Went from 1-40 in that zone after swimming in the tunnels to the higher level skellies lol.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users