EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will never do a launch no life group with a warrior again. No damage and no aggro. Woof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I will always go SK or Ranger for early EQ tanking. At least you have some degree of utility, solo-ability, and Rangers can get around a little better as well. Like someone else had mentioned, when Rangers fall off as tanks, they have the AA's and such to be decent DPS/Utility classes plus you can still do some kiting.

Unless you're looking to be a staple, raiding tank long term, I just don't think Warrior is very fun. You can always power-level up on later if that's the goal.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was thinking rogue, but i think i missed that boat in 2015 before people were so obsessed with min/maxing grps.

But ranger sounds like it would be fun, plus they have the best tracking. /wink

• 1Worf

Louis

Trakanon Raider

New exec talking about the studios and future of their games. Majority of the video is about h1z1, but touches on Everquest as well. His vision makes me feel pretty optimistic about the future and probably had a hand in them not putting another cookie cutter server out.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Working on my UI, thinking of making a big obnoxious breath meter based on Samwise drowning in lord of the rings.

• 1Worf

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

New exec talking about the studios and future of their games. Majority of the video is about h1z1, but touches on Everquest as well. His vision makes me feel pretty optimistic about the future and probably had a hand in them not putting another cookie cutter server out.

EG7 most likely wont exist 5 years from now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I can't wait to see the degen Krono farming on this server and how fucked/useless it is. HOPEFULLY the randomization is more than just "Naggy drops Vox loot, and Vox drops Naggy loot! Tee hee!" so it'll just fuck the 6 box necro campers and shit. I feel like 50% of the population thinks it's interesting and wants to try it and then LITERALLY half or more are just people salivating over making the most krono possible. If it's truly RNG that could fuck everyone over and turn this from EQ into fucking D2 which would be pretty crazy.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Theres gonna be so much loot I dont see how krono farming will be a big payout on this server with the exception of only a couple items. Unless people find out some trick to getting the loot tables.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ive been talking about this server with some people and there is just too much unknown by their vague explanation of the implementation. From a raid perspective, Im really thinking Classic and Kunark to an extent arent going to be as "random" as people hope. Im strictly in the "Let loot be random af" camp, but I'll be really surprised if it ends up that way. Even if it is the easiest way to code things.

Working on my UI, thinking of making a big obnoxious breath meter based on Samwise drowning in lord of the rings.
For the love of God, please make something and share it to me. I absolutely hate every option Ive seen so far.

Kahleem

Trakanon Raider
Not a fan of plat-raid guilds. We got any degens who are gonna be 12+ boxing forming/joining a guild? Trying to find like-minded individuals for this launch. :)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not a fan of plat-raid guilds. We got any degens who are gonna be 12+ boxing forming/joining a guild? Trying to find like-minded individuals for this launch. :)
I was trying to find out what could be the worst case scenario in a plat raid guild? I cant imagine it would be any different than a gdkp guild in WoW. You cut out politics, or at least a good chunk of it, that way. Its also not like you wont get any plat back from future raids. I was just leaning this way and looking for a different take, so to speak.

• 1Like