EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The problems with warrior on progression servers is that you have to be pretty darn geared to start competing with all the free power hybrids get from spells, and progression servers don't go slow enough for most people to get really darn geared. Same problem as rogue, but worse. I'm gonna guess this change is a big help to those classes velious+, but a major kick to the nuts in classic/kunark, where the good stuff for those classes is so specific, and killing the camps will probably make them much rarer. Playing a warrior with no good path to getting a dope weapon like bp or ssoy? Nope.

There's something of a wildcard factor where we don't know how it'll, but I sure the fuck aint picking warrior.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Warriors are a big nonfactor until Kunark. Then they're definitely helpful if they can taunt off an HT or something and use defensive. There's all sorts of weapons with omega aggro besides SSoY, but some people are stuck in their ways. Throw in spam clicking Shield of the Immaculate (still generates threat, btw) and you're all set.

Until Kunark though, warriors are just lackluster DPS with offtanking capability.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
Without an outside mez, you can never afk to take a piss.
Was in Velks OC, chanter insisted we drag a Champ from UD for his pet. Sure as shit, the minute he went afk the pet broke. No one wanted to kill it because we knew the chanter would waste even more of our session crying he needed another pet. Group leader is like, "We're all going to die aren't we?" (The chanter did manage to return before anyone died.)
Chanters who go AFK when they have pets should automatically lose a level.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
I was trying to find out what could be the worst case scenario in a plat raid guild? I cant imagine it would be any different than a gdkp guild in WoW. You cut out politics, or at least a good chunk of it, that way. Its also not like you wont get any plat back from future raids. I was just leaning this way and looking for a different take, so to speak.
Your warriors never buying any loot cause they poor. Being unable to progress because your required classes never buy stuff. That would be worst case.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Theres gonna be so much loot I dont see how krono farming will be a big payout on this server with the exception of only a couple items. Unless people find out some trick to getting the loot tables.

Yeah I think the prices on items from the usual dungeons, solb guk etc will quickly bottom out, people will be selling hate/fear armor in the tunnel within a week

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
There's definitely some min/max problems with gdkp only. Classes that really dont need anything from raids early on benefit heavily while tanks end up paying out the ass to get what they need to perform their role against harder raid trash. Nobody really needs classic raid gear but yeah.

One problem (IMO) with the current proposed gdkp system from the Zaide/Krimz guild is allowing any class to buy any item. I get that it's free trade so why not but it seems like it incentivizes playing easy classes like a bard for example, and buying gear for your actual main instead so you end up with a buncha mediocre druid/bard/monk filled raids and the 2 warriors that actually enjoy raiding and eating 100 deaths a night.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
We're just going to roll a bunch of int casters and one healer/tank/dps and feed all our loot to them while we wear cloth into Luclin. EZ!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We're just going to roll a bunch of int casters and one healer/tank/dps and feed all our loot to them while we wear cloth into Luclin. EZ!

Casters are shit once you finish leveling. Go monks.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Then we'd have to spend gear on ourselves!

Oh wait, fists. Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Yeah bobby is right, monks showing up in wu's and bare fists and still being competitive dps and just milking the plat/krono. Upgrades? who needs upgrades. So many classes that just need spells/discs and no real gear to be useful, but even tanks only really need the planar armor and some AC jewelry as long as healing's on point progression won't be a huge issue for a while.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Don’t worry boys you can tank at least up through Luclin end game with just leather so tanks will be fine.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Don’t worry boys you can tank at least up through Luclin end game with just leather so tanks will be fine.
I see this posted a lot, I pretty much agree. But always wonder how do you handle AoW? Or it it just having 10 warriors or something.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I see this posted a lot, I pretty much agree. But always wonder how do you handle AoW? Or it it just having 10 warriors or something.
You’ll probably lose a Warrior or two but you only need hp as high as AoWs max hit vs a defensive warrior +1. Growth armor can get you there pretty easily with cleric buffs.

This was how we did Emp on Selo, we knew the minimum possible HP three tanks needed to survive Emps worst possible round and as soon as we had that we killed him. Summon gear, Buffs and just random scraps got us where we needed to be.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

He's not too bad if you get the warrior handoffs done right. Always was fun watching him axe people super fucking fast, cause of course the transition tends to get fucked back in velious, and its a fairly long fight when its relevant.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The problems with warrior on progression servers is that you have to be pretty darn geared to start competing with all the free power hybrids get from spells, and progression servers don't go slow enough for most people to get really darn geared. Same problem as rogue, but worse. I'm gonna guess this change is a big help to those classes velious+, but a major kick to the nuts in classic/kunark, where the good stuff for those classes is so specific, and killing the camps will probably make them much rarer. Playing a warrior with no good path to getting a dope weapon like bp or ssoy? Nope.

There's something of a wildcard factor where we don't know how it'll, but I sure the fuck aint picking warrior.

My understanding is that warriors sans defensive have about 5% better mitigation than a knight but the superior aggro generation of a pally or SK outweighs that, so many guilds just use knights for most stuff in classic to avoid dealing with shitty aggro of a war. You roll up a warrior in classic so that you can be ready for Kunark when knights take a step back.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
EQ000936.jpg

It gets blurry as you get closer to drowning :emoji_laughing:
EQ000937.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kahleem

Trakanon Raider

Zaide/Krimz GDKP Guild
I thought Zaide was doing a super casual guild that did plat/krono raids?? They're doing DKP tho?

Oh, no, I remember now, they're doing that "use dkp on anything for any class" system that I dislike :(. Feels like a plat raid tbh. Seeing a Wizard roll for a COF as a monk hurts inside.

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?