EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Just think, a week from now we'll be hammering the logins while a fortunate few are already 30, just like last time

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
What're the odds of this server generating the drama on the level we're seeing in the aradune TLP thread right now?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have plans for a guild come launch? Shit is a week away and it would really be nice to at least have a group right out of the gate for leveling and not get stuck behind the wave.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
What was the lore reason behind Mangler?
Mangler was originally the ultra hardcore server with like ultra slow xp and some other bs. But it was so poorly received that they backed off in like a week and made it a casual server. So mangler was because it was so hard it would mangle you

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
- Reworked the Rhag Cycle in Ssraeshza Temple using more modern techniques. Each boss should spawn reliably upon the death of the last.

Pretty big, all that shit about invisible NPCs in ssra breaking scripts went bye bye

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Anyone have plans for a guild come launch? Shit is a week away and it would really be nice to at least have a group right out of the gate for leveling and not get stuck behind the wave.

If you can't find anything on your own the bigger guilds typically will organize premades before launch. It's a dice roll to just get thrown in with some strangers but it works out way more than it doesn't. Worst case you get six hours of acceptable quality grouping and are out of the garbage levels when the it falls apart. Best case you get a smooth path to 50.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zaide and Krim have a guild for Mischief and Mabbu has one for Thornblade. Think that’s about it right now.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What're the odds of this server generating the drama on the level we're seeing in the aradune TLP thread right now?

I'm wagering reasonably high. The ruleset is designed to NOT be dramatic in and of itself and also not cater to hardcore gamers... but it will nevertheless attract exactly those people. Tons of people who want to pay for loot will go there who will cause the rmt armies to join, but it's already obvious from forums that a ton of karens are gonna move there, and its looking to get a healthy does of hardcore or formerly-hardcore players. My expectation is that a lot of the trash on aradune will leave it just like mangler got to clean a lot of its karens the last set of server launches. Mischief is going to be full of people fighting over stupid shit no matter how much the server tries to make it not matter. I expect more drama than even aradune caused. That's my prediction.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Mangler was originally the ultra hardcore server with like ultra slow xp and some other bs. But it was so poorly received that they backed off in like a week and made it a casual server. So mangler was because it was so hard it would mangle you

ngler was always the "casual" server. They just had no idea what they were doing and thought casuals would love having to grind 2x the exp.

And the name is from a dog in rivervale.

Edit: Got them flip flopped. Mangler was supposed to be the hardcore server, but Selo's ruleset was way more favorable to powergamers

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No.

Mangler was always the "casual" server. They just had no idea what they were doing and thought casuals would love having to grind 2x the exp.

And the name is from a dog in rivervale.
That's really not true. Their own website called it hardcore.

"The Mangler Progression Server will be a more hardcore server that is tuned to feel similar to the original EverQuest launch - perfect for those who are looking for a challenge. Experience rates will be slightly lower than those on other Progression Servers, and players will lose more experience on death."

I think a lot of people forget about the extra XP loss on death that they removed, too.

Now, it's true that they always have a poor idea of what a given audience wants, I'll give you that.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider

Any way we can get Linasu and Mezbunny into the same guild? that would be good for some drama.

in the face mexico GIF by VICE Media Spain

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>

EQ forum listing of guilds heading to Mischief/Thorn:

Most interested in what NPCs of a similar level "NPCs of a similar level " will really mean come launch. I could see in PoP that they try and keep each Phase dropping the same loot without letting Quarm loot be dropped by anyone else. This means they would need to keep it at 2-3 levels max.