EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys, I heard Zaide Zaide is trans now. I don't want to start drama, but I definitely heard him correct somebody who called him sir with, "It's ma'am!!!".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cupie12

Send Tits Pls
Well.. tbh, most raids are done pretty quickly. Hours as in multiple isnt really a thing? Not throwing shade, just.. that is a bit of a leap there.

Another hole to poke at this hyperbole is that if you're actively attending raids, you make enough to throw down some krono for a few BIS items within a couple weeks. If you're stock piled, or you're throwing money at the game - you get your BIS's first. If not, then you get it later. Spirit Wracked Chord was selling for 20 krono a little over a week ago and I saw it this evening for 5 krono for example. Bobby can have a billion scales for all I care - there are plenty of others still coming on the market that are steadily lowering the price. Personally, with the weapons I have - I could give two fks about the Warrior epic. Besides iirc, you can do Nagafen with 2 groups of people (if that) and do the quest to turn a red scale into a green scale.

I certainly want to see the roster slim down, and I think that may have something to do with the split between the two Faceless groups. Most everyone likes the officers in Fxiv except for probably Qelyn. Qelyn's excuse for being an asshole is that he does all the micromanagement of shit, yet he put himself in that position. Even though thats not really even a legitimate excuse for being an asshole to your own guild members. Im not overly attached to anything in the game at this point so its not like I have I have to walk on egg shells just to reiterate what others have said in abundance. As time goes, Im expecting the roster to change up rather significantly over the course of the coming expansions.

qelyns like one of the nicest people i've gamed with, how did you retards break him?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
TFW you’re getting paid in platinum on a server with an active plat dupe.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
well did you do your part and petition?

generally whatever exploit it is can be tracked in their logs. most "plat dupes" that were ever around involved merchants and that is trackable by them. i'd just guess its probably related to not having the no-trade flag on some particular item.

so just bug report it and we'll hope the people who've exploited it get banned. if you dont know the actual exploit then snitch on whoever told you - thats what the real zaide would do for the eq community.

Last edited:

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I'm interested and excited to see who wins out in the end in terms of OW. Generally on TLP's when there are 2 guilds competing in OW, it's a well led well organized guild vs a shit tier guild, so it's always easy to predict who will win. With faceless splitting in to two factions and facing off, this may be the first TLP in a long time where you have two shit tier guilds facing off. It's anyones game at this point ! Very exciting stuff. Keep the drama ball rolling please, us spectators need good reading material about the special olympics.

i mean, to be fair if we are talking about special olympics….

Like that time you dropped agro (or died, I can’t remember ) on the first dragon kill on aradune and one of my “shit tier” boys (who we managed to have higher ac on without the guild funneling us) picked it up for you and cemented your domination preventing certain embarrassment since nobody else was geared?

my friends and i all left mainly due to server issues cause aradune sucked a fat dick but we also felt robbed having to glitch naggy and vox for those server first kills. I believe taladir used to words special olympics specifically.

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
TFW you’re getting paid in platinum on a server with an active plat dupe.

I have noticed the KR price going fucking nuts haha. was buying for 9k yesterday. 11k today.

Usually we're about 7500pp/kr by now (14 days into kunark).

We now all know how it feels to live in Argentina in the 1980s. get dem pesos. transfer to krons(usd) asap

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 361346

I think a lot of the armchair devs are missing how significant the splits are. ^ 1 day.
Right but the core issue is not everyone actually plays for plat or krono, hence why a GDKP guild isn't for everyone. Like I personally have 0.0 motivation tied to in game money. Unlike 95% of FoH posters, I am not Mark Zuckerberg (but with a 12" penis) and 3 palaces of Gold in real life, I'm just an engineer who makes enough money that RMT just does nothing for me. I'm mostly running my live guild so Mischief is kind of a part time distraction for me in any case, but GDKP just holds 0 interest for me. i've always liked Krim, when he ran GDKPs in my guild on Selo I thought they were a good thing for the guild...I attended maybe 2 of them? Almost entirely because for me, there is just no reason to attend something I don't want to do (even more EQ raiding than I was already doing) for something I just care nothing about (plat/krono.) I know some people who are fairly wealthy in real life who are krono obsessed, and they say it's just a way of "keeping score", and that's cool if that's their thing. Krono don't represent anything meaningful to me.

Last edited:

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
I'm interested and excited to see who wins out in the end in terms of OW. Generally on TLP's when there are 2 guilds competing in OW, it's a well led well organized guild vs a shit tier guild, so it's always easy to predict who will win. With faceless splitting in to two factions and facing off, this may be the first TLP in a long time where you have two shit tier guilds facing off. It's anyones game at this point ! Very exciting stuff. Keep the drama ball rolling please, us spectators need good reading material about the special olympics.
I don't really think the drama is going to be that significant. Keep in mind both of these guilds launched with the idea of not doing batphones, and then changed their minds. That's because the level of motivation to go foam at the mouth style I think has just died down a lot. Frankly I've seen "less intensity" with each subsequent generation of TLP as I think more and more of the player base realizes early EQ just isn't serious or anything other than a giant memegame. Also there's going to be so many people with characters in both guilds it'll be silly, because on a server with only two raid guilds, one DKP and one GDKP, the incentives/benefits to secretly be in both are fairly high.

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Might explain how krono prices apparently went from 6k to 12k in a matter of days this week.
Same thing with Thornblade too. Prices have gone up so high I see more people trying to buy than anyone is selling.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Might explain how krono prices apparently went from 6k to 12k in a matter of days this week.
I've gotten roughly 110kish in payouts over the past week, but I'm also top 5 in payouts since Kunark launch. When 50-60 people are dumped with a 45k payout at the same time the value of krono is going to go through the roof since we're all attempting to convert at once. I'd rather convert above the current market value and hold than sit in the tunnel for hours trying to buy at or below the market value. The prices will go always go up over time but they will almost never decrease. This is why the prices are sky rocketing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've gotten roughly 110kish in payouts over the past week, but I'm also top 5 in payouts since Kunark launch. When 50-60 people are dumped with a 45k payout at the same time the value of krono is going to go through the roof since we're all attempting to convert at once. I'd rather convert above the current market value and hold than sit in the tunnel for hours trying to buy at or below the market value. The prices will go always go up over time but they will almost never decrease. This is why the prices are sky rocketing.

While that may play a small part, whats happening with the dupe is much much larger.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
While that may play a small part, whats happening with the dupe is much much larger.
What kind of scale are we talking about? Something along the lines of an item price glitch with a vendor where you net 20p per transaction or is it as bad as the old zone/disconnect trick?

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What kind of scale are we talking about? Something along the lines of an item price glitch with a vendor where you net 20p per transaction or is it as bad as the old zone/disconnect trick?

Its really bad, talking hundreds of millions of plat.

• 1Like
  • 1NPC
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Agreed. Like how Aradune has a well lead guild, Altered Minds, and a shit tier guild That's EQ Baby.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Highly doubt a plat dupe exists. Last time a plat dupe was active on RF the price of Krono went for 10k to 50-60k in a day. More like a bunch of fucks in GDKP guilds are getting plat stacks nightly and trying to convert them into Krono, creating a very seller friendly market and driving up the price.

Spirit Wracked Chord was selling for 20 krono a little over a week ago and I saw it this evening for 5 krono for example.
Can confirm SWC was never going for 20KR. I've made probably half the SWCs on the server and the first one i sold was for 9kr. Almost all have been between 6-7kr. Pretty solid at 5kr atm.

Won't be surprised if it goes up a little actually. People still haven't seemed to notice it's rarer the VP loot on this server. Weird that a BIS item for 5 classes in 2 expansions and near BiS in Luclin is going for only 5kr atm.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

That makes a lot of sense. I also tended to pay more just to get conversion done quickly rather than sitting in EC tunnel trying to shave off 10% from the cost.

Krono price almost never decreases, you're right, but I've seen the "almost" part of that equation firsthand. On Phinny, kronos reached an all-time high of around 550k IIRC. People expected them to keep going and hit the 2M or whatever that it is on live. Instead, it plateaued and then declined because there just wasn't enough plat being generated on the server. Phinny is at live now, and kronos are 300k I think. There's zero benefit to this, really. 300k is still a lot for buyers to pay when there's such a lack of plat being generated, and it's really low for sellers when you factor in that it's a live server. So it's a lose-lose situation for both buyers and sellers, really.

• 1Like