EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
People have provided me hard proof in game, I don't really want to out who but I think they're planning to expose it more soon.
In the good ole days someone would have just dropped the screen shots of cheating and ran off cackling. You're a fag for not pointing fingers.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand how someone finds a plat dupe and then TELLS SOMEONE ELSE.

You can bet your ass that if I found a plat dupe I would just be sitting back and swimming in my riches while speaking to no one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol or tells anyone at all, period. At least not until many years later. But I guess that shows just how little people care about the server long term.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

You can bet your ass that if I found a plat dupe I would just be sitting back and swimming in my riches while speaking to no one.

Its been active since atleast June 23rd. I think someone got their fill and then started passing out the info within the past week.

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
If it were 1 person that found it and it got shared, that 1 person could have absolutely made a killing if he just did it small time and didn't make anyone suspect anything. It wouldn't have hit the market as bad if it was 1 person being smart.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
You caught me!

Nah, I just expect actual proof of things before I believe everything that is posted on the internet. In a time where every conversation is recorded and screenshot, where people can very easily record footage of anything in game, well it seems like some sort of proof would be possible.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If it were 1 person that found it and it got shared, that 1 person could have absolutely made a killing if he just did it small time and didn't make anyone suspect anything. It wouldn't have hit the market as bad if it was 1 person being smart.
Or kept it to themselves for literally forever. Hey, maybe it lasts until the next server, and the next, etc etc.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
People have provided me hard proof in game, I don't really want to out who but I think they're planning to expose it more soon.
Good. I hope they do. By this point, the main dupers probably already cashed out, but hopefully Darkpaw can tackle them before they do.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
this aint the streets sieger, snitch on the person showing you proof - or else you're just as scummy

• 1Moron
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Vindicator

Bronze Squire

They either already cashed out and it doesn't matter, or they are like a lot of criminals who can't keep their mouth shut.

• 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
yah perhaps multiple people knew and they were trying to rush to get krono out before it got wide... cause if its just 1 person. there is no "cashing out". you just have free money for as long as you can keep your mouth shut or someone else finds it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The dupe you're talking about must be infinitely repeatable if it's already in the hundreds of millions. I really want to know what it is when it blows over, out of curiosity's sake and out of EQ knowledge lore.

Ya'll wanna hear one of the ballsiest dupes I ever did? There was this bug where if you died in a particular way, your corpse would poof entirely. This was around 2008ish I believe. So the first time this happened to me, I petitioned, and got my stuff restored. Well it just so happened that when this happened, I had put several million plat from my character that died to the shared bank 10 mins before I had died. I noticed I had my plat back, and it was still in the shared bank.

So I rinse repeated this over and over again. Spacing them out and swapping accounts etc to avoid being known. I did it about 10 times before I figured any more and I'd be caught. The way the death happened was very subtle, so it wasn't as obvious as you might think, and I made it appear like it was a unique, specific zone line that was doing it. And the gm's were too lazy or stupid to check that I was putting plat in my shared bank each time. Duped at least 100+ million, all by GM's restoring my characters plat for me after I'd put a bunch in the shared bank. lol. Never got caught in any way. But there were eventually patch notes about dupes in this manner. So I imagine someone else was doing it too or maybe they knew about me but didn't punish me? I'm assuming the former and not the latter.
Some close friends I made on P99 figured out a dupe right as Rogean figured it out. Something about east commons merchant? I cant remember the details exactly, just had to do with how the item ID's would bug out or something according to... I think Secrets? But Im in ECTunnel and my buddy randomly tells me to "COME HERE QUICK!" as he thought he was going to pass this dupe item off to me before Rogean banned him. As if Rogean wasnt invis right at him or something. I hated to see them get banned before my eyes but good lord the laughs that were had at that whole scenario.
Its been active since atleast June 23rd. I think someone got their fill and then started passing out the info within the past week.
Is this why Krono is around 12000 plat already? Before Mischief was announced, Aradunes Planes of Power Krono value was only 14000 - so 12000 in kunark is blowing my mind.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this why Krono is around 12000 plat already? Before Mischief was announced, Aradunes Planes of Power Krono value was only 14000 - so 12000 in kunark is blowing my mind.

Aradune krono was about 16k before the dupe. It went to 50k in a few days, then settled back down to 33k right now.

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
Mischief krono increase probably a result of a couple reasons, namely this dupe if it actually exists, and then GDKP guilds getting big paydays and immediately trying to buy up the Krono. You have that many people competing to buy krono, and its bound to go up in price just by that alone.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aradune krono was about 16k before the dupe. It went to 50k in a few days, then settled back down to 33k right now.

Stick to making up fake populations numbers. leave making up krono prices to someone else.

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Vindicator

Bronze Squire
this aint the streets sieger, snitch on the person showing you proof - or else you're just as scummy
I can respect not outing a source. If you do it, they probably won't be a source anymore. There are ways to present the evidence though without naming names. Nothing gets Darkpaw moving quickly to stop a problem than if it becomes public knowledge.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im going to just go with market manipulation, tossing out rumors of plat dupes with no proof and all hearsay... What could possibly be the reason...
TFW you’re getting paid in platinum on a server with an active plat dupe.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

I accidently found the plat dupe on RF/LJ didn't tell anyone or dupe plat other the the one time accidentally. Obviously i wasn't the only one that found the plat dupe. Exploiting bugs like this is one of the few things DPG might actually ban you for. Ask Bobbybic where his K went.

For reference on RF/LJ plat dupe worked like this
1. select to server xfer
2. while the game /camps you out you put your money in the shared bank.

When you character xfers it will have the money on it still, but you'll also still have the plat in the shared bank. Effectively when you started to /camp it would save your toon and when you finished camping it save your shared bank.

They hotfixed this and you can no longer open your bank while /camping or /camp while your bank is open.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In 2011, I got the GM's to duplicate a complete character with millions of plat, items, bank etc. I made enough Krono off that to fund my account & TLP gearing for years.

I actually just spent the last Krono I had from that, during Velious on Aradune.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
This thread is starting to feel like the eq tlp forums with some of the retards on here demanding proof from sieger and the like. Lmao

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Moron
Reactions: 5 users