EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
The only other 66 (or close) rare in DN is the spider queen and she's hardly common. Neb is not a rare. Whelp Kidnapper is for an epic quest so also not rare. All the rest are 60 or below so unless the rare spread increases a lot, I wouldn't expect to see Willsapper from anything except Vaniki and Queen.

The real fight will be in Western Wastes since Tantor and Strong Horn are of the right level and easily soloable since they don't summon. At least you can pop DZ picks because I imagine the trains in WW for them will be epic; they both have a good bit of HP so it's not like it's going to be a quick burn.

Also rares in ST that are the correct level. They drop shitty Primal weapons on live, but on TLPs i've only seen them drop Primal Avatar spell. Depending on how they treat the those rares will effect how common willsapper is. There will be likely be 100s of willsappers entering the game weekly if the item has any value at all.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
you guys think lodizal will share loot with halls of testing drakes and umm the icewell keep guy that gives a serverwide and repops fast? wondering if they share doze and drake loot or keep those to themselves.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Nah man, the lull spell only goes up to level 55. The next lull spell is like level 86. It's terrible because lull was a huge part of the toolkit in classic/kunark.
Fuck, I forgot about that. I mean, level 55 covers you through most of Luclin, but I'd agree that it isn't ideal beyond that.

My big problem with SK is that SK isn't very "passive" compared to Pal/War and then throwing in BST on top of that might be rough. RNG is mostly "set and forget" once EQ comes around, though.

• 1Solidarity

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
The only other 66 (or close) rare in DN is the spider queen and she's hardly common. Neb is not a rare. Whelp Kidnapper is for an epic quest so also not rare. All the rest are 60 or below so unless the rare spread increases a lot, I wouldn't expect to see Willsapper from anything except Vaniki and Queen.

The real fight will be in Western Wastes since Tantor and Strong Horn are of the right level and easily soloable since they don't summon. At least you can pop DZ picks because I imagine the trains in WW for them will be epic; they both have a good bit of HP so it's not like it's going to be a quick burn.

So far, drops have not been randomized solely within their zone, and I don't think that was even in the description of the loot rules. It's expansion based randoms, not zone based. There are some exceptions though, I did not see or hear of anything in classic dropping solb royals loots, and the same thing with the summon corpse spell. I have only heard of it dropping off the gnoll.

I have done basically zero killing in sebilis on mischief, and I've looted quite a few number of fungis in chardok from all sorts of named, including observer raqtuz who is only level 52. Spore King is what, 56 or 57?

If I am not mistaken, solb royals are a timed duration spawn, not a named...right? Vaniki's spawn system is of course a well documented complicated thing that you can't actually farm by killing named...so maybe it won't be randomized.

But it would be fun if it was!

Last edited:

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I pulled a tranix crown and tons of mithril legs/sleeves/torque/razing swords of skarlon from the named at the undead castle in the Hole during classic.

Those named pop around 51-54ish.

• 1Like

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I pulled a tranix crown and tons of mithril legs/sleeves/torque/razing swords of skarlon from the named at the undead castle in the Hole during classic.

Those named pop around 51-54ish.
Well, so much for my theory then, but it's good news with respect to the possibility of willsapper pinata

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Summon corpse spell seems locked to that specific mob.

In kunark I've only seen the Tranquil Staff drop from the Skeletal Warlord in KC. His original dropper.

Willsapper might be locked to that same old dumb spawn cycle.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So far, drops have not been randomized solely within their zone, and I don't think that was even in the description of the loot rules. It's expansion based randoms, not zone based. There are some exceptions though, I did not see or hear of anything in classic dropping solb royals loots, and the same thing with the summon corpse spell. I have only heard of it dropping off the gnoll.

I have done basically zero killing in sebilis on mischief, and I've looted quite a few number of fungis in chardok from all sorts of named, including observer raqtuz who is only level 52. Spore King is what, 56 or 57?

If I am not mistaken, solb royals are a timed duration spawn, not a named...right? Vaniki's spawn system is of course a well documented complicated thing that you can't actually farm by killing named...so maybe it won't be randomized.

But it would be fun if it was!

Nothing I said would have indicated I thought they were zone based randoms. I'm confused by that comment since I clearly was anticipating Willsapper to drop from non DN mobs. I was simply noting there were only two rares in DN that were likely to drop Willsapper.

Ishva Mal is not a rare so that's why it's not dropping on other mobs. I definitely got royals loots from non Sol B mobs and they are named. Vaniki is a rare by the hunter system so I would fully expect his loot to be on likewise level rares for the expansion.

It seems like people are confused by what they think is a rare/named and what EQ specifically identifies as one.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Summon corpse spell seems locked to that specific mob.

In kunark I've only seen the Tranquil Staff drop from the Skeletal Warlord in KC. His original dropper.

Willsapper might be locked to that same old dumb spawn cycle.

I mean, how many Tranquil Staffs have you even seen drop? They're like a 1% drop rate so I wouldn't expect to see a lot, especially for that level range. I've definitely seen a ton of other skeletal warlord loot drop from other mobs.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I know it's not much of a data pool to go by. I've seen a few for sale in the tunnel so I asked folks where they dropped.

Warlord is tagged rare so it's not the same issue as the summon spell. Hopefully Willsappers drop from other mobs. Such a nice tool to have.

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Nothing I said would have indicated I thought they were zone based randoms. I'm confused by that comment since I clearly was anticipating Willsapper to drop from non DN mobs. I was simply noting there were only two rares in DN that were likely to drop Willsapper.

Ishva Mal is not a rare so that's why it's not dropping on other mobs. I definitely got royals loots from non Sol B mobs and they are named. Vaniki is a rare by the hunter system so I would fully expect his loot to be on likewise level rares for the expansion.

It seems like people are confused by what they think is a rare/named and what EQ specifically identifies as one.

I'm just not an expert on ishva mal since the only reason I ever cared about him is summon corpse. And that was barely, only ended up casting it a couple of times. With royals being basically timed duration spawns, and with my not ever seeing or hearing about an RCC dropping anywhere except royals, I wondered if if their drops were not shared. It's all good news, would be nice to not have to camp DN for a possible vaniki spawn like I did on agnarr.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I know it's not much of a data pool to go by. I've seen a few for sale in the tunnel so I asked folks where they dropped.

Warlord is tagged rare so it's not the same issue as the summon spell. Hopefully Willsappers drop from other mobs. Such a nice tool to have.

Warlord basically only shares a table with like 4 rares most of which people never kill. The level range in Kunark is actually quite small and has some odd rules. For Example the level 35 Soothsayer in Droga NEVER drops loot for 36+ named despite being only 1 level below them. Ravishing Drolvarg is likely the only other source people kill that could drop the staff. If we assume a 1-250 drop chance 1% 2x loot shared with 5 loot tables. That's like one staff every 5 days or so from DL. So i wouldn't expect to see many non warlord staffs.

DickTrickle

I'm just not an expert on ishva mal since the only reason I ever cared about him is summon corpse. And that was barely, only ended up casting it a couple of times. With royals being basically timed duration spawns, and with my not ever seeing or hearing about an RCC dropping anywhere except royals, I wondered if if their drops were not shared. It's all good news, would be nice to not have to camp DN for a possible vaniki spawn like I did on agnarr.

Royals are not timed duration spawns. They have placeholders. I've gone hours without them, I've had multiple back to back.

I think the only way the Willsapper won't be dropping a lot is if they put in some special rules. It would really be against the spirit of the server if they did that to Willsapper, imo.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Warlord basically only shares a table with like 4 rares most of which people never kill. The level range in Kunark is actually quite small and has some odd rules. For Example the level 35 Soothsayer in Droga NEVER drops loot for 36+ named despite being only 1 level below them. Ravishing Drolvarg is likely the only other source people kill that could drop the staff. If we assume a 1-250 drop chance 1% 2x loot shared with 5 loot tables. That's like one staff every 5 days or so from DL. So i wouldn't expect to see many non warlord staffs.
This would explain why there is so much ksing on ravishing spawns. They drop garbage for the most part, didn't know this was on that table. They spawn a ton too

• 1Solidarity

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Truebox is complete trash to be frank, it's one reason why I largely told myself I was done doing "serious" TLP after Agnarr, and I broke that vow for Selo basically because it was a very unique opportunity, outside of that I've basically only touched TLPs very casually.

The core issue with Truebox is it is a system built to appeal to people who are triggered by losing a camp to a boxer. The reality is good players don't lose camps to lone boxers and they're easy to push out of a camp. So these are you basic cuck players who cry because they saw a boxer and their little friend group of 1 Rogue, 1 Shaman, and 1 Druid trying to take a camp from a 12 boxer couldn't figure it out.

What Truebox directly causes is a scenario where "real" cheaters box with impunity and derive huge benefits from doing so, as they use programs to bypass truebox and automate their characters they can do all kinds of stuff regular players who just want to abide the rules cannot do. So for all the eras in which "concern cucks" are "concerned" about boxing, you're giving a free gift to RMTers and other botters. Then when that era starts to end (around PoP-GoD) you basically create a situation where a huge % of the server can't easily continue playing because a group of at least a few characters is needed to do much of anything in EQ even today at live at 115, and basic server dynamics start making groups harder to just throw together casually aroun this time. You're tanks and melee dps, the ones who with raid gear can most easily start to anchor a box crew, will around this time work out ways to half ass run crews under truebox rules, and the rest of your guild will largely experience grouping past that point as an experience in which you're basically asking a boxer who doesn't need anything you offer to please help you do content. Compare this to how in real EQ played on normal SOE servers from the year 2005-2021, people just made additional accounts to get through this stuff.

So in short Truebox actually just benefits RMTers and cheaters in the first 4-5 expansions of EQ and then creates server population issues that just grow over time for every server once it's out of those early eras.
Who would want to be frank?

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
the loot isnt based on how far away the named level is from another. it's sectioned off into chunks. level 51 to 55 is 1 chunk. 56 to 60 is another. I assume it goes like that all the way down. so a 35 would be 31 to 35 and 36 to 40.

• 1Galaxy Brain