EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thinking those warders were going to last a second cycle is just ignorant. And it had nothing to do with supply end demand.

If I lead a guild large enough, I would have exclusively focused on setting up ST, and issued DKP to sit and make sure no one could wake him. That wasn’t the case. I also know of 3 other box crews and one large guild that planned to wake it over the weekend.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thinking those warders were going to last a second cycle is just ignorant. And it had nothing to do with supply end demand.

If I lead a guild large enough, I would have exclusively focused on setting up ST, and issued DKP to sit and make sure no one could wake him. That wasn’t the case. I also know of 3 other box crews and one large guild that planned to wake it over the weekend.
With the ultimate goal being... c'mon, you can say it... type it out! :smuggly:

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Lol basically. Everyone knows why, no reason to try to pretend otherwise. It happens every TLP with guilds, they do it for the same reason. If this little ops group being sneaky hadn't done it, some one else would of(more so here because greed is the ultimate reason on this server).

It's just more funny this time since the 1.0 loot can drop elsewhere, so it backfired, no matter who ended up doing it. Embrace your autism.

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Man I’m so glad im not you fucking losers. Either side. Lame as fuck. Just play the game.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Sleeper wasnt staying sleeping on mischief. Plan was to transfer over after our vulak pop on sunday and come have some fun in ST then transfer back over when the 26 hours was done. Sadly our fun was ruined by Zapan and co. =(

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least both servers woke in around the same time. I didn't want to see loot being farmed on TB and brought to Mischief to be sold (more than it did already)

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
But you are. You are on these forums, posting in this thread. Rivers in Egypt.
Yea. Being on the forum and posting in this thread is the same as being engrossed in a toxic culture of spending money and fighting each other for a 21 year old game. Good call bro.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Yea. Being on the forum and posting in this thread is the same as being engrossed in a toxic culture of spending money and fighting each other for a 21 year old game. Good call bro.
You have become worse at self awareness (-10).

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
greed is the ultimate reason on this server

Greed has been the motivating factor in almost every guild I've been in since original EQ back in the day.

Altruistic community etc have been the exception. Not the rule.

Look at Zaide's guild, the WHOLE thing was created because of greed. They couldnt compete for items on GDKP, but the GREED motivated them so they split off to do DKP for loot. That was it.

Daidraco

Greed has been the motivating factor in almost every guild I've been in since original EQ back in the day.

Look at Zaide's guild, the WHOLE thing was created because of greed. They couldnt compete for items on GDKP, but the GREED motivated them so they split off to do DKP for loot. That was it.
giphy.gif

Random shade, but okay.. if thats what you think? Seems like you selectively forgot a few things.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
That's not random shade. That's the reality of it.

You can wrap it in whatever package you want, but the end result is almost always "I want loot"

Shade would be posting this:

unknown-2.png

Or referring to OW DPS races, or Zaide training us in OW VP in early kunark, or asking him how much he paid for his cleric legs, or all the modding required in their recruitment thread, or or or or.

Specifying "this server" implies it's not the norm. And it is.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's not random shade. That's the reality of it.

You can wrap it in whatever package you want, but the end result is almost always "I want loot"

Shade would be posting this:

View attachment 369041

Or referring to OW DPS races, or Zaide training us in OW VP in early kunark, or asking him how much he paid for his cleric legs, or all the modding required in their recruitment thread, or or or or.

Specifying "this server" implies it's not the norm. And it is.

The VP train was due to Krimz training VS on Faceless on their first OW mob after forming. After that, I don't remember anyone training anything, just FXIV reporting people in TF for training when on contested mobs while pulling to the raids.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I was at that VS.

I'm not even saying Zaide was wrong to train us. Only that it happened.

I get it, but in a game with DZs, I'm not sure it's worth it.

If you do it and it works, great? You get a mob and trained someone for it.
If you try and fail, it's really demoralizing. And you still trained someone for it.

Either way you are paying the cost in reputation (or in some games / situations this is a gain, not a cost). I guess if you get the mob it's mostly offset by the success, again depending on the games community. EQ is jaded as fuck. Lol

The point was, I wasn't making a dig in the original response. Just stating most of these groups are held together by a desire for loot. Expected returns in the form of character development.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
The VP train would have worked except for one small problem we overlooked - the locked door to PD. We didn't keep a lockpicker logged in and well...the rest is history.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

I can’t speak to what motivates everyone who joined but I can say greed was not my motivation for deciding to split.

Since I formed the guild I’ve never bid on a single item, still got my Hoshkar boots, Pd robes and Crowns while in Kunark. There is so much loot on Mischief that mains in guilds that do zero OW will still be bis every expansion.

I know a few folks like to troll our recruitment thread and I could respond to that by either arguing or going to create drama on your recruitment thread; but I don’t see value in it so I just report the post and let Accendo clean it up.

When I left it was my intention to create as little drama as possible with the old guild and I more or less still hold to that. I don’t see value at this time in posting screenshots and drama.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

I just dont understand the hard on that some members of GiG have for Faceless. Or why Faceless is even brought up out of all the other things that could be talked about, or in this case - used as a more appropriate and fitting example. I originally thought all of it was just friendly competition and sarcastic banter, but a lot of it has just devolved into some kind of obsessive hate. Shit is just cringe af.