EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Needless

Toe Sucker
whats the surname gonna be? Assdefiler? Cosbysuite? Diddles? kek

1635643380349.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The shitting on rogues thing just annoys me a bit since I've seen a lot of goal post shifting with it. I rolled up at classic and I legit heard people saying rogues did no damage and would get out dps'd by SK pets, not in a joking way either. I mean rogues are pretty junk in classic, not going to lie. Itemization for rogues in that era is horrific. Then starting in Kunark it was "well they do good damage but monks just have more utility and can pull" so I started getting javelins and figured out to abuse sneak to get mobs single. It's how I leveled to 60 without a static, I told groups "I pick locks and I pull" Seb crypt groups loved me. Now it feels like its shifted again to "well, they do respectable damage, can pull, but they're not TOP of the parse." I just don't personally hear any other class get shit on this much and have to constantly prove themselves as a whole.

It's like when folks run into a trash wizard they think "That was a trash wizard" when they run into a trash rogue they think "Man, rogues are trash".
Yeah man a player who likes to get sweaty can be a great Rogue but a retard can play a Monk to the standard 90% of people expect.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The shitting on rogues thing just annoys me a bit since I've seen a lot of goal post shifting with it. I rolled up at classic and I legit heard people saying rogues did no damage and would get out dps'd by SK pets, not in a joking way either. I mean rogues are pretty junk in classic, not going to lie. Itemization for rogues in that era is horrific. Then starting in Kunark it was "well they do good damage but monks just have more utility and can pull" so I started getting javelins and figured out to abuse sneak to get mobs single. It's how I leveled to 60 without a static, I told groups "I pick locks and I pull" Seb crypt groups loved me. Now it feels like its shifted again to "well, they do respectable damage, can pull, but they're not TOP of the parse." I just don't personally hear any other class get shit on this much and have to constantly prove themselves as a whole.

It's like when folks run into a trash wizard they think "That was a trash wizard" when they run into a trash rogue they think "Man, rogues are trash".

Not sure why you take it so personally thst rogues aren't always the best at everything, but that's life. They'll never be required classes like clerics, warriors, or enchanters.

Sorry this hurts your feelings, but man up and deal with it.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

Agree honestly the worst part about being a rogue is others perception of them being bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, people often judge entire classes based off a crappy member in their group or their inability to play the class themselves. I was constantly hearing rangers can't tank and can't dps until Luclin, playing mainly a paladin since 99 I happily drank the kool-aid. I thought with rare spawns / random loot tracking would be nice with the random drop element, and given my preference towards melee - I went ranger. Low and behold I found not only could I tank just fine, but melee + dots + insta cast nuke I was shelling out loads of dps as well. In Kunark I was clearing all of Plane of Fear solo minus the names. In velious I was clearing most of Plane of Growth solo including several minis. Now with massive bow damage increase I can kill Growth minis like Undogo and even Survitor of Luclin. There are tricks and play styles for all classes, you just need to discover them, you aren't going to get far turning on auto attack or mashing 1 button.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The people that play super well tend to also play the super good classes because of course they do. Finding people that are super good AND off meta is rare. You've maybe got a couple of those people at any time and for every one of those there's a hundred shitter "Don't Tell Me How to Play" Andys.

• 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rizlona opened my eyes to how bad most people play compared to autobots. Rangers benefitted massively due to not having to move but autobots dont care, never tire. Monks are rather dominate period. Sure every class can make the burn parse if they try hard but monks consistently win our overall sustained parses through GoD now.

Sterling

El Presidente
One thing with rogues is later when you have raids that are strings of bosses in a row their disc cool downs are significantly faster than monks. It's a non zero thing and you can certainly argue having burns for the important bosses is more important than having a weaker burn for all bosses, but it's a non zero advantage to rogues.

Last edited:

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
The problem with rogues is that for how useless they are at doing anything besides damage, they just don't do enough damage. Wizards and rogues SHOULD do 20-30% more than any other DPS, given that they are purely DPS classes and suck at almost everything else. That is how they were designed. So, even IF they win parses, they aren't winning them but how much they should.

Even forgetting the fact that rogues generally suck more than a monk... the people playing rogues are generally not the best players. I am sure that'll hurt someones feelings here, but it's true. You see people play rogues over monks because they want the easier job. Somehow they think that since monks have FD that it makes their brain hurt too much that they might have to pull, so they go rogue instead. All they want to do is stand behind a mob and hit backstab.

I don't mind people playing rogues, but you have to know you're doing shitty damage for a class who only does one fucking thing. You're going to have to be doing 20-30% more damage than a monk before I even think about converting any monks to rogues.

Feign Death is too good, period.

• 1Like

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
About when does their tanking ability start to wane / end outright?
I have only played up to ldon (Agnarr server), so I'm not sure. I know my ranger on Agnarr can easily tank anything in pop/ldon though.

Also: in the pop/ldon era, DPS is basically:

Rog = monk, ranger, wizard. Obviously assuming all else is equal (full buffs, playing the class appropriately).

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Try hard wizard here, access to focus / super rare clickies for cheap that give huge mana regen boosts / ancient spells / and insane mana pool size have let me keep up so far.

Rogue gear seems especially cheap, very tempted to go WIZ/ROG duo for just pure DPS glory

Anyone have KR for sale? Looking to buy Leggings of Secrets, Umbracite Hoop, Ring of Flamewarding and some other random shit, scrubby 20% dmg focus isnt enough!

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Very good RL buddy of mine played a WIZ main on previous TLPs and did stupendously during PoP, after that I dont know, I have never played beyond Quarm. He would get summoned at 1% often, tryhard hat, engage!

I am liking Mischief server enough that on this round I am looking forward to the new expansions.

Sterling

El Presidente
The problem is around level 65 melee pull ahead and it gets real bad at 70 especially for expansions that don't have a level increase. Casters get a small increase in focus effects while melee get better ratio weapons and more cleave, fero, etc. The level 70 expansions are particularly bad. It starts getting a better at 75 and around SoF (80) class balance is pretty good. At 85 (SoD) Casters actually pull ahead again in terms of damage, with mages being real, real wild. Not sure how it is post UF since I've yet to do that content on TLP.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
The short way to put is that at 70 casters start to suck at DPS, and they slowly work their way back up until 85 when they become good again. The problem is that after OoW there are 7 expansions until level 85. On a TLP that generally is around 1.5 years of not matching up to melee DPS.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Will Necromancers bridge that dps gap at 70 after the dot consolidation that happened like a year ago for their 70+ spell lines?