EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There are more crews on Oakwynd than any other TLP since before Agnarr and they will only grow if nothing is done.

It was crazy how much raid loot you could buy. The auction channel had people selling high end stuff just all the time.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was crazy how much raid loot you could buy. The auction channel had people selling high end stuff just all the time.

I know of 7 crews who are running potime every week just to sell LR on Oakwynd. On Yelinak there was 2, Aradune 2, Mangler 3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
Yea I don't get it either. They 'nerfed' enchanter stuns and the result is like a 10 fold increase in the number of PL crews running 3 enchanters + nukers + pullers + cleric?

Meanwhile boomer Dan can't box his troll SK+shaman combo because the truebox code kicks him out and he doesn't own a second PC.

I'll care about a TLP again when they get serious about policing all the bots/RMT operations/cheating.

Yeah, a lot of the times fixes to things have the opposite effects. We never see 6 man groups doing AE's for exp after that nerf...and that sucks, it can be a fun way to play if done right.

The nerf hit 6mans, but was functionally irrelevant for the Pl crews. Much like suspensions or even bans don't matter for people using massive exploits or even automation to play AFK, they just consider it the cost of their enterprise and carry on.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Oakwynd had the Tradeskill Depot dupe right? So it had its own issues. Idk what krono is on Oak right now but iirc Mischief had krono prices of like 300k-ish in Luclin and PoP. DickTrickle DickTrickle would probably remember better than I do.

Mischief also had shorter classic and Kunark. It launched Classic in May and PoP in December. So these prices were with even less time to farm plat naturally.
Pretty sure it went up to 500k+ at some point in PoP. There were two giant spikes, one in Kunark and the other in Luclin. PoP saw linear but sizeable increases though I think maybe some of that was just from the more lucrative nature of that expansion's random loot and people's associated nostalgia.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravanta

Trakanon Raider
I wonder how long it will be until the person(s) who is able to hack the platinum will find themselves in need of more "free" money.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
It was reported publicly and privately. It was largely met with ridicule publicly, just go to the official discord and search dupe, sort by oldest. People thought it was nonsense and insisted there was no dupe. Even in this thread a lot of folks insisted there wasn’t a dupe.

Why would i want people to think plat is worthless on a server i was actively in a GDKP guild and was flipping KR. People knew, no reason to talk about it on a public forum, it just makes the problem worse.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Oakwynd ended up with some industrial tier PL operations running all day and all night. You'd check the parcel merchant by the FP bank and if the servers hadn't come down in a while they'd have shit like 50,000 fire emeralds, tens to hundreds of thousands of each piece of cash loot and thousands of each junk rare drop. The kinds of numbers you could see on a single merchant were nuts. With the legacy exp bonus in play the demand for leveling was just always there. It's possible there was a dupe in play on top of that but I don't think it's necessary to explain the economy.

Yea I don't get it either. They 'nerfed' enchanter stuns and the result is like a 10 fold increase in the number of PL crews running 3 enchanters + nukers + pullers + cleric?

Meanwhile boomer Dan can't box his troll SK+shaman combo because the truebox code kicks him out and he doesn't own a second PC.

I'll care about a TLP again when they get serious about policing all the bots/RMT operations/cheating.

There are more crews on Oakwynd than any other TLP since before Agnarr and they will only grow if nothing is done.

I know of 7 crews who are running potime every week just to sell LR on Oakwynd. On Yelinak there was 2, Aradune 2, Mangler 3.

Yeah, a lot of the times fixes to things have the opposite effects. We never see 6 man groups doing AE's for exp after that nerf...and that sucks, it can be a fun way to play if done right.

The nerf hit 6mans, but was functionally irrelevant for the Pl crews. Much like suspensions or even bans don't matter for people using massive exploits or even automation to play AFK, they just consider it the cost of their enterprise and carry on.

Funny how nearly every change they made in the last 5 years or so ends up benefiting these people and fucking over the casual playerbase.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Why would i want people to think plat is worthless on a server i was actively in a GDKP guild and was flipping KR. People knew, no reason to talk about it on a public forum, it just makes the problem worse.
Na bro you’ve got a long history of being one of the dumbest posters in the EQ section so I’m going to go with you being on your normal retard shit.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
You shouldn't bet against the person who is essentially the Master of Whispers in EQ.

• 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Here’s the scoop on the major plat dupe that impacted Mischief, Mangler, Aradune, Thornblade and to a lesser extent FV and caused krono prices to skyrocket, especially on Mischief.

The man behind the dupe was FoHs very own Suineg.

Fucking Suinegger.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So apparently Zaide is a giant faggot, thx for that.

I mean, he does run an EQ podcast

6tnd7b2i0ni61.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Mic Drop

Xevy

Log Wizard
These podcasts are interesting if not even for the drama, but picking out names of people to avoid in future TLP's. It's like a reverse scouting list.

The best part is people who try to sneak into guilds after being blacklisted usually do so by never talking and that solves like 90% of the problem with them in the first place. Win/Win.

Until their eventual dramabomb bipolar breakdown, but hey, that's EQ baby!

• 2Like

Ryoz

<Donor>
As someone who rarely gets time to play EQ anymore, listening to these has been a real treat. It's very cool hearing what some of my old HnE guildmates were getting up to throughout all these TLPs. Reese was always a class act, so was Deeke. I keep in touch with Judgedredd and happy to report he's still a maniac.

• 2Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I mean, he does run an EQ podcast

View attachment 515677
I turned it off when he started going off about how these forums suck/dangerous/better off avoided outside of the EQ forums then proceeded to interview one of the biggest pieces of shit in our history, that faggot was unhinged and if you didn’t agree to be party to his trolling of the forum would ban me random lengths of time.

I don’t actually give two shits about Zaide or have any opinion of him outside of that comment that just screamed he’s a giant snowflake faggot.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
I turned it off when he started going off about how these forums suck/dangerous/better off avoided outside of the EQ forums then proceeded to interview one of the biggest pieces of shit in our history, that faggot was unhinged and if you didn’t agree to be party to his trolling of the forum would ban me random lengths of time.

I don’t actually give two shits about Zaide or have any opinion of him outside of that comment that just screamed he’s a giant snowflake faggot.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

That's a lot of salty boomer tears right there.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider

"Mean man made fun of my website so I started to cry." Talk about snowflake.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users