EQ TLP(s) 2026 Part 1: PvP or go cuddle your mother

Mahes

Silver Baronet of the Realm
7,160
11,474
I am in the same boat. I wanted a server where I could level up a lot of alts and have fun playing what I wanted to play. Even better, with a fast rate of XP, I could play other things and take some days off. If this is the intended rate for AA's, it barely makes it better than a regular server.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
22,031
19,506
From all the testing I've done myself, along with what others have tested, it really seems like the issue is that the Live EXP rates simply aren't being applied to AAs for whatever reason. We're still receiving the legacy bonuses, zone bonuses, etc., but the actual Live EXP component appears to be missing when it comes to AA experience.

What's frustrating is seeing trolls/retards respond with, "You clearly don't understand how Live EXP works! It doesn’t apply to AAs, lol!" as though that somehow settles the issue. People voted for the fastest EXP option and 8 week unlocks for a reason. If the advertised Live EXP rates don't apply to a significant part of progression, then that is a pretty important distinction that should have been acknowledged by DBG and would've saved me from wasting my time.

I'm also getting really tired of the "Enjoy the grind! It's an 18-week unlock to PoP!" argument. That's completely contrary to why I chose to play this server in the first place. The entire appeal was supposed to be that this wasn't another traditional TLP built around deliberately stretching out the grind. Virtually every other TLP has been about "enjoy the journey" and "embrace the grind," with maybe Vaniki and Lethar being notable exceptions. I'm tired, boss. I actually loved how chill the leveling experience on this server was. It was refreshing to have an EQ server where progression didn't feel like a second job.

But the AA situation changes that considerably. If AA progression is effectively back to something only marginally better than a standard TLP, then a huge part of the reason I was playing this server disappears.

I've cancelled all four of my accounts for now. If they address this and bring the server back in line with what I understood the premise to be, I'll happily reactivate them. But at this point, I'm not particularly optimistic that they will.
 
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
35,464
105,443
I had a fair amount of fun zipping through the leveling process on some classes I hadn't really ever gotten anywhere with but if Daybreak is going to draw a distinction between "Live Exp Rates" and "Live AA Rates" one of reasons for me to come back for more got thrown in the trash. What an absolutely terrible decision.
 
Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

B_Mizzle

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,361
20,288
Yeah seems like they fucked up the AA exp rate, 5% per kill in a non bonus zone, with live exp and a 125% AA bonus exp. Apparently a dev already said it's working as intended.


This thread is deleted now? Was gonna give it a bump and now its not showing up? I'm hoping that means they wanted to delete retard devs post that this shit is working as intended and they plan to do something about aa exp. Anecdotally, yeah its completely opposite of of leveling. Spent a good bit of hours down in Ssra temple getting keys yesterday and yeah didnt get very many aas for the amount of hours I was down there.