EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always wondered who else had heard about this crazy scenario, i'd guess alot more people will now imagine this crazy theory.
Vaniki has shown me that being a "good" live player does not transfer at all to TLP servers. I'm sure its prolly true in the inverse as well but gawd damn some of them are quite terrible.
When I was in Zaides guild on Mischief, GIG members were throwing those theories at us. If it was true, Zaide was just going to let me roast. :trump:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Point is, that asshole that was farming the beetles 24/7 some how flagged our accounts, and it was IP based. They claim there are no flagging systems in the game like that, but they are straight up fucking liars. There are account-wide flags that they can set that fuck with you. Piss off the wrong person, and your account becomes flagged.

Yeah dude those mages at Fire Beetles were bots. When we would do Hole DZs i would charm the fire bettles get a Mage/Cleric to give them HP and DS buffs then watch it kill that level 12 mage pet.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
DoTs apply their full credit over time instantly for the full value of the DoT. DDs apply their full credit instantly (obviously)

For example in classic:

2 Envenomed Bolts on Efreeti Lord will take credit.
You cannot undo credit once applied. First to higher than 50% (>= 50) damage total will take credit for the NPC.

There is no such thing as overkill. Credit is applied to the mob's total HP pool. So if you nuke w/ Ice Comet, and you deal 55% of the mob's health in one hit, and the mob has 43% health remaining, you won't take credit. I think there's an exception to one shotting mobs which I could be wrong about.

So the idiot with 6 necros at a spawn where you only need 3 necros is wasting those 3 krono'd accounts for that era, provided he can kill the mob quickly with the 3.

If you DoT a mob at 43%, the same applies. Your EBolt may take, say, 41% of the mob's health in a single cast for credit. But if someone's already claimed 51%, you lose credit.

When you account for HP regen, the credit is still applied to the person who gets 51% first, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. NPC Gate doesn't count, as it clears 'credit' tables.

I believe non-pet NPC engagement (ie; guards) functions differently and removes credit for experience/loot but only if the guard takes the killing blow OR the guard steals 51% of credit OR the guard deals more than the mob's total health in one hit.

Reapplication shouldn't redo credit, but to be honest, I've never tried. Too long of a recast normally. Generally, just have 2 necros or shaman parked somewhere, ebolt, then if it's contested congrats, you've won 50% credit. Or an SK with HT would work to instantly apply massive damage, then follow up with an ebolt cast if contesting against another person. Provided your ebolt goes off first, you win.

I've never lost a one-on-one DPS race as a Shadowknight, but I also have never been up against a pro pipe-hitter in those scenarios (usually because I'm on the same side as the pro pipe-hitters, and dealing with some other guild).

Even when Harm Touch is down, Unholy Aura = win against the majority of classes. I try not to even use HT unless it looks like a loss / I'm dealing with a shaman or nec and need to pre-empt their DoTs.

If both HT and UA are down, well, then I'm kinda screwed, but FD/Comatose and Harmshield can still fuck up someone's day until they relinquish my camp. I never muscle in on someone else's camp, but I've had other people try to muscle in on mine quite a few times and it goes badly for them.

I'm curious if the GoD changes to HT that add a massive DoT to it = upfront damage like the poison/disease DoTs. If so, then it's even more of a mega-dose of damage credit. That DoT component isn't added until a few expacs in, though, I think. Either way, even just the upfront DD is enough to jack any mob in classic one-on-one or even multi-on-one provided you don't wait on it and give them a chance to load up EBolt or something.

Imagine if SKs got the VoS/Scourge lines in the early 50's when they get other 30's Necro spells. Would be some sick DPS for sure. I'm happy we at least get Boil Blood with its ultra-low resist rate.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
In kunark shaman get Bane of nife, it's horribly inefficient but it will outcompete Ebolt, In Velious (if they raid, or pay $$ for loot rights) they get Ancient Scourge which is an absolute beast of a dot.

Also, any SKs that want a free Circlet of Shadow instead of paying the necro shitlords that perma camp it, know that HT will secure a bodyguard kill as long as you get in quick. The circlet is about 50/50 or slightly less drop rate but you can get a shot at one every 72 mins give or take.

Man, I 'member Ancient Scourge. IIRC the first people to solo Velious dragons (the weaker ones in West Wastes) were Shamans using that spell in conjunction with slow and Torpor to just outlast their opponent.

Thought about farming some Circlets of Shadow while they're still valuable on Vaniki, but I just haven't had time. I did waltz in there at level 40, found no one in the zone with a Bodyguard up, burned it down, and waltzed out with two circlets (because Vaniki double loot). Sold one right away for 2 kr, then looted the other, still using it obviously. Shoulda just stuck around and kept farming it, but again, no time. Also gotta weigh time vs income, if it takes 3-4 hours to get a double circlet drop, and you make $20 of krono from each one, then you basically made $10 an hour to sit in Droga keeping a bunch of rooms clear and that's kinda shite.

Damn nice! It took me 4 hours to go from 0% into 50-55 doing LDoN's and charm pets in Barindu. But I didnt use any potions.

2 hours here, used a measily 25% potion. Banged out mobs in PoStorms, not necessarily considered an EXP hotbed. It was empty for that reason and the mobs were easy. Would have been faster than 2 hours, but we moved to BoT at 54 and that zone was a bit of a mess with people training shit around, so we had to evac/rez a couple times.

Lame thing is, that was my last exp pot, and when I did my 500 SC claim for the month, I took the SC without thinking instead of the 3x exp pots which would be way more useful to me at the moment. Oh well.

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Interestingly within a few hours of this conversation a GM appeared in my live guild hall (something I've not ever seen in 2+ years of having the guild hall):
1657243274830.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm not surprised. The story was you were pulling Lord Inquisitor Seru to the Guild Hall.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I finally got some pants that are an upgrade to Gloomingdeep...

1657265879443.png

...and they look like this

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

yerm

I always wondered who else had heard about this crazy scenario, i'd guess alot more people will now imagine this crazy theory.
Vaniki has shown me that being a "good" live player does not transfer at all to TLP servers. I'm sure its prolly true in the inverse as well but gawd damn some of them are quite terrible.

Make sure the person is ACTUALLY good and not just saying they are good. A lot of eq pros and top players and other claims I end up finding these are dudes that just slog through vanilla-pop raids, or shit like didn't charm in originally eq, or were in some #2/3 guild on a total backwater... they were never good.

Personally, I don't find this to really be the case. Some of the simply strongest, most consistently performing and reliable players I've encountered on tlps were in top live guilds (roi, triality, etc). Its the mediocre live players who seem to be BAD tlpers, and I'd assume even worse in reverse. When I hear shitass tlpers claim live greatness its always some middling guild or from like pre-tlp-existence live era.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
The easiest way to see how corrupt the inner workings of DPG (and it's predecessors) have been is the simple fact that EVERY single TLP server has had a 24/7 ice giant farmer and Sirens Grotto farmer. Every... Single... One. No human plays a game 24 hours a day 365 days a year. NO ONE. Anybody that ever says anything about them on the forums gets a "no name and shame" penalty thrown at them. Anybody that trains them gets seven days to think about what they did.

It does not take a rocket scientist to realize these are bots that are protected by individuals at the company. Anyone that defends them is either an idiot or a deflector for them.
I used to farm the ice giants. I played a lot, but not 24/7. Now I stick to hill giants, easier to sell stuff.

Last edited:

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I don't think anyone in this thread is really talking about SEQ use. While that is obviously a form of cheating, it's kinda w/e and almost all the serious TLPers use it. The reason we know they aren't actually targeting SEQ use in these ban waves is the numbers affected would be like 10-15x higher.

We're talking Macroquest here, people AFK farming Siren's Grotto on 80 accounts at a time across 5 picks for months on end, people warp training contested open world content, using far taunt to pull bosses in raids in ways they couldn't otherwise be pulled etc. There's also a program Abyss has out that does some of the more egregious stuff. The Redguides "release" of MQN is neutered of a lot of that shit in its default compile, but there are still people out there with the more active hacks and they have been active on every server.
fwiw, I was using myseq and mqnext. For mqnext I was literally doing nothing except mq2eqbcs so I could control a character on my 2nd computer 2 feet away from me. From what I'm hearing from a lot of people it was myseq that got us this time. I have a hard time believing that because like you said 10-15x higher, maybe they only did a smaller portion idk.

Not trying to get into whether or not they can detect mqnext, because deep down I do believe they can. It's just that mqnext does a bunch of shit to hide itself (but not from launcher.exe) so maybe that was it.

Anyways, you made a point earlier about the ability to detect certain patterns that would indicate cheating. So maybe all those hotkeys I have saved in my UI files "/bct Bot1 //stick ${Me.Id}" got me lol, just not sure if client side info like that is available on their end.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Hope they aren't coming too hard for SEQ guys, it's the only "illegitimate" program I use. It's just so handy for knowing what's going on in your zone, which camps are taken, if some other puller is jacking mobs from your camp, and a million other mostly innocent things. Even without nefarious uses it's a huge QoL improvement.

Not defending it, just saying I like it and would like to continue enjoying it's benefits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, being able to see the camp situation is really handy when getting to places that might require a lot of clearing, especially when picking takes you to the succor point. Saves a lot of hassle and fighting.

DickTrickle

fwiw, I was using myseq and mqnext. For mqnext I was literally doing nothing except mq2eqbcs so I could control a character on my 2nd computer 2 feet away from me. From what I'm hearing from a lot of people it was myseq that got us this time. I have a hard time believing that because like you said 10-15x higher, maybe they only did a smaller portion idk.

Not trying to get into whether or not they can detect mqnext, because deep down I do believe they can. It's just that mqnext does a bunch of shit to hide itself (but not from launcher.exe) so maybe that was it.

Anyways, you made a point earlier about the ability to detect certain patterns that would indicate cheating. So maybe all those hotkeys I have saved in my UI files "/bct Bot1 //stick ${Me.Id}" got me lol, just not sure if client side info like that is available on their end.

I feel like if they are genuinely targeting SEQ, they should say something. It's been used for so long without an issue that even when a ban wave happens, most people aren't going to be scared because they don't think SEQ is going to get you a suspension. Especially when it didn't happen directly to them -- if someone else says all they used is SEQ, most people are going to assume they're lying tbh.

• 1Solidarity

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
everyone i spoke to outside of rapiers (cause screw them), who got suspended and said 'but i only used seq' had 1 thing in common.. they launched it from the RG launcher.

• 1Faggotry

Daidraco

I'm sure people using the RG launcher only ever use SEQ...
Im out of the loop cause I have nfc what RG launcher is. I mean fk, just download SEQ off the main website? Its basic elementary type shit to get the values too.

• 2Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm assuming RG launcher is some redguides thing? I just use the MySEQ straight from sourceforge and haven't had any issues.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Im out of the loop cause I have nfc what RG launcher is. I mean fk, just download SEQ off the main website? Its basic elementary type shit to get the values too.
RedGuides launcher. It can manage various cheat programs.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Sieger

Trakanon Raider

Of everyone I knew to get hit in the last wave all were admitted MQ users (as you yourself are saying.)