EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Man Yelinak is full of shitters, and it feels like it's already too late to catch un on Vaniki, feelsbadman

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man Yelinak is full of shitters, and it feels like it's already too late to catch un on Vaniki, feelsbadman

The leveling on Vaniki is quick and the current cap is only 55. You don't need keys for VT, Ssra, VP, Seb and a bunch of PoP zones are just open if your level is high enough.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you're looking to join the top guild on vaniki, expect it to be your full-time job. I'm still amazed that so many people with families are able to play basically at least six days a week at night. There's no way a sacrifice isn't being made

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

It isn't. Took us 4 hours to do 41-50, 2 hours to do 50-55 (with a bonus) and I got about 24 AAs in another 4 hours or so in GoD Sewers. Can't remember how long 1-40 took but I'm pretty sure most of us here did it in one day.

In other words, at least on the exp front, you're looking at like one weekend of hardcore playing to catch up, provided you have good groups. If not, it might take a second weekend. Nothing new is unlocking for another 3 weeks.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you're looking to join the top guild on vaniki, expect it to be your full-time job. I'm still amazed that so many people with families are able to play basically at least six days a week at night. There's no way a sacrifice isn't being made

Yeah, there's that component of the whole thing. BR raids a LOT. I haven't been able to keep up at all because I play about 2 evenings a week if even that much, but I'm also not too worried about it. The gear-flation rate on this server means it'll be easy enough to catch up on gear in VT or elsewhere.

As far as catching up on levels goes it's a quick process.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Vaniki is hardcore but then also not. Raiding every night is a big time investment but on the other hand I don't think any guild is batphoning anything. You don't need to key for anything, a bunch of PoP zones are just open and you can get piggied through others. EQ is still a mega time vampire but compared to the kind of day in day out work plus batphones the server is on the light side of things.

DickTrickle

Pretty sure you have to key for sol ro at 55, no? If you want the achievement, anyway. And if you want to gear up I think you'd need to do progression to get into elementals and time before the next unlock, which would require full progression. Some people can slack but a very large majority are going to have to be there for all the progression raids.

I think there's going to be a lot of keying and progression issues as the server goes further along as there's a lot of variability in how/when/if stuff unlocks/backflags.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pretty sure you have to key for sol ro at 55, no? If you want the achievement, anyway. And if you want to gear up I think you'd need to do progression to get into elementals and time before the next unlock, which would require full progression. Some people can slack but a very large majority are going to have to be there for all the progression raids.

I think there's going to be a lot of keying and progression issues as the server goes further along as there's a lot of variability in how/when/if stuff unlocks/backflags.

The achievements for this era are Cragbeast Queen, Sol Ro and Emp. You can still piggy in 15% of your raid force which leaves room for plenty of shitters. Even shitters could have gotten most/all of the flags thus far.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider

You don't have to beat the Achievements "in era" many of these are especially the early ones will be easy to go back and cheese.

The server has a bunch of unique features and you don't really need to raid 40 hours a week to do something productive or fun.

DickTrickle

You don't have to beat the Achievements "in era" many of these are especially the early ones will be easy to go back and cheese.

The server has a bunch of unique features and you don't really need to raid 40 hours a week to do something productive or fun.
You have to be of the level (+1). Even with twinking I doubt you're going to be able to get a raid force together of level 55s a year from now. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The achievements for this era are Cragbeast Queen, Sol Ro and Emp. You can still piggy in 15% of your raid force which leaves room for plenty of shitters. Even shitters could have gotten most/all of the flags thus far.

There's also Deepest Guk: Curse Reborn for 55. I'm interested to see how these four raids go, and which of them is the toughest. I'd think Sol Ro would be the furthest-along in overall progression tiers, but CBQ hits hard and Emp is Emp.

As far as getting together raid forces after the fact, I wonder if it'd work to have a high-level tank holding aggro while a bunch of level-appropriate people do all the damage and get the cheevo. If so it'd be easy for people to get achievements later on.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The absolute state of pugs on Yelinak has me sympathising with the people who choose to bot or buy a PL instead of dealing with that shit. I think I need a new game, not just a new server.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
You have to be off the level (+1). Even with twinking I doubt you're going to be able to get a raid force together of level 55s a year from now. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Veterans AAs start next unlock
New Tradeskill gear starts next unlock
All the early targets besides CBQ lose MoTM
Defiant comes out in TSS
You can use 75-80s to steamroll 65 content and Tacvi/Time gear 55s.

How many Tacvi geared toons blowing veteran AAs you think it would take to kill non-motm Sol Ro? You won't need a raid.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The absolute state of pugs on Yelinak has me sympathising with the people who choose to bot or buy a PL instead of dealing with that shit. I think I need a new game, not just a new server.

Pugs on Vaniki have been surprisingly good. I think with Yelinak you're getting way more of the casual zerg rush crowd who can barely play.

Defiant comes out in TSS

How many Tacvi geared toons blowing veteran AAs you think it would take to kill non-motm Sol Ro? You won't need a raid.

Hmm, sounds like if there are any targets we can't down at 55, we can just down them right after the next unlock. Like after they lose MOTM but before we level to 56.

LOTD is gonna be great for people like me who try to get on for an hour to exp every couple days.

Anyone know how many AAs can be banked at 55? I think 110 but my brain is really fogged up tonight for reasons

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
MoTM won't drop off relevant targets until a bit later. But 7th and the resist vet would be massive for something like Sol Ro the day of 60 unlock

DickTrickle

Defiant comes out in TSS

Yeah, Sol Ro and these early era targets sure. Some of these later targets starting with Lethar, I am doubtful are done with two or three groups. I'd love to be proven wrong and see the stream of it, though.

DickTrickle

Pugs on Vaniki have been surprisingly good. I think with Yelinak you're getting way more of the casual zerg rush crowd who can barely play.

Hmm, sounds like if there are any targets we can't down at 55, we can just down them right after the next unlock. Like after they lose MOTM but before we level to 56.

LOTD is gonna be great for people like me who try to get on for an hour to exp every couple days.

Anyone know how many AAs can be banked at 55? I think 110 but my brain is really fogged up tonight for reasons
Yeah, should be 110.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I said before the servers launched there's no reason you can't play both servers, what i was wrong about was what server would take up the most of your time.

No reason you can't do the aoc route on yelinak and no life on vaniki, I'm thinking about doing that myself.

6 hours spread over a week for all of classic content is pretty fucking cake.

After sky tonight i might roll up on vaniki just to see how things are.

Might just go enchanter since that's what I'm playing on Yelinak and charm sounds op as fuck for leveling.