EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I was wondering if the lower resist checks on mobs would affect charm break checks. Do pets break more often with the higher level disparity between charmers and pets?

You can charm much deeper red mobs the level is irrelevant, but charm actually breaks a shit ton more ATM. Not having the 41 Tash is very noticeable compared to being say a 50 chanter on a Phinny clone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You can charm much deeper red mobs the level is irrelevant, but charm actually breaks a shit ton more ATM. Not having the 41 Tash is very noticeable compared to being say a 50 chanter on a Phinny clone.

Yeah, there's also that. Charm is breaking a LOT in general and it's super annoying. So you might as well go for a red mob instead of a blue mob because they're all gonna break way more than you want them to. And going too high is a quick way to go splat.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Interesting that charm is breaking more on blue mobs than it is normally. I'm actually surprised they increased the level cap of CC spells, especially charm.

Kael fights notoriously facilitated charming. I'm guessing <Bind Rush> is literally going to be perfecting bind rushing and farming similar raids with charm. I don't know at what point tank n' spank becomes competitive as long as you charm mobs. I wonder what other Velious raids, or PoP/Luclin raids can be fought with charm.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Interesting that charm is breaking more on blue mobs than it is normally. I'm actually surprised they increased the level cap of CC spells, especially charm.

Kael fights notoriously facilitated charming. I'm guessing <Bind Rush> is literally going to be perfecting bind rushing and farming similar raids with charm. I don't know at what point tank n' spank becomes competitive as long as you charm mobs. I wonder what other Velious raids, or PoP/Luclin raids can be fought with charm.
Tanking these big mobs gets viable at 55 with defensive. Kael is a unique zone, not many other spots with raid mobs where you can also bind. The name “Bind Rush” was pretty much created as an homage to this encounter.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Anyone got some bullshit gear a ranger can use they can mail to Xnaj (Yelinak)?

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tanking these big mobs gets viable at 55 with defensive. Kael is a unique zone, not many other spots with raid mobs where you can also bind. The name “Bind Rush” was pretty much created as an homage to this encounter.
So do you expect at level 55 there won't be other raid / group encounters with Kael-level gear that can be fought with charm?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not yet but was thinking of rolling a druid or bard. No boxing if I do, this time.
I can’t raid or anything serious but I can make something although I prefer a cleric. I can play more in July.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So do you expect at level 55 there won't be other raid / group encounters with Kael-level gear that can be fought with charm?
The big encounter at 55 is Emp Ssra for the Luclin achievement. You can’t bind anywhere nearby so you need to beat it “legit”. I assume it would be done by charming the High Priest and basement undead mobs and kiting the Emp adds in the basement.

To tank Emp you need tanks to have at least 2900 hp (easy) for a defensive tank to survive his max damage attack round. Just need about 6 tanks and enough clerics to run a 1 second CH rot.

He has a huge nuke he uses like every 65 seconds but you just have all your knights treat that like a PoSky DT. Taunt, eat the nuke, get a rez.

As far as gear I am guessing GoD group named have better gear than Luclin raids minus some stuff in VT. Tanks will be tremendously fat from this and able to tank mobs pretty handily.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My left ctrl key has been flaky so I haven't taken a single decent screenshot this time around. Someone entertain us with pictures!

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, charm feels slightly more breaky than Aradune, but not enough that I couldn't chalk it up to normal RNG superstitions. One annoying thing is that all of the color stuns are broken and everything is "immune to the stun portion of this spell", so at the moment they're not worth having memmed. It's hilarious constantly rolling with deep red charm pets though. With the tutorial gear 1-40 I never felt any more in danger than I do on a normal TLP grind.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The big encounter at 55 is Emp Ssra for the Luclin achievement. You can’t bind anywhere nearby so you need to beat it “legit”. I assume it would be done by charming the High Priest and basement undead mobs and kiting the Emp adds in the basement.

To tank Emp you need tanks to have at least 2900 hp (easy) for a defensive tank to survive his max damage attack round. Just need about 6 tanks and enough clerics to run a 1 second CH rot.

He has a huge nuke he uses like every 65 seconds but you just have all your knights treat that like a PoSky DT. Taunt, eat the nuke, get a rez.

As far as gear I am guessing GoD group named have better gear than Luclin raids minus some stuff in VT. Tanks will be tremendously fat from this and able to tank mobs pretty handily.

Fuck kiting those adds in the bsement, So boring and it lasts for so long. So many times your attention can sway just a bit from the boredom and if you die your guild will hate you, as the mobs warp back.

• 1Worf

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
it is my understanding a collaboration between rapiers, strix, and resurgence did the the dragons.

but im staying on mischiefs.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im a bit surprised about the population of Yelinak. Not one person I know had a desire to play there.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Im a bit surprised about the population of Yelinak. Not one person I know had a desire to play there.
The casuals ounumber raiders massively, and they are at their greatest numbers in classic.

When I was doing casual stuff on Aradune I was amazed at how many people I met who were just there to have fun for a few weeks, had no real guild intentions or had never done a TLP before.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The casuals ounumber raiders massively, and they are at their greatest numbers in classic.

When I was doing casual stuff on Aradune I was amazed at how many people I met who were just there to have fun for a few weeks, had no real guild intentions or had never done a TLP before.
It’s nice to just shut the brain off, twink, and enjoy being FnF especially with little ones.

Now when my son is a little older….

• 1Like